Eklund Rumor: Kings trade coming? [Mod Warning, pg 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I would rather hold him the trade less then a 2nd and prospect. The kings are going to try and bring Prohorkin from Russia He is a huge Kova fan I think he would be helpful in mentoring this kid in nhl. Also should la slide to 3 in draft there is another russian kid who is very talented and having Kova will/could help convince him to come to nhl . Lets not forget Slava is still a possiblity ever to slight as it is. Kova is the ideal person to help his fellow rusians adapt to north america imo.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Kovy is not a defensive stalwart that’s for sure. He has been ok offensively. The team is overall bad at scoring. I think part of the issue with Kovy is he likes having the puck. Played really well with Kempe and Hagelin.Really hard to gauge what LA wants to do with him. May keep him and hope a better coach gets more out of him and the team. LA is also trying to attract Pkorhkins out of Russia. Some talk of Panarin too (pipe dream likely). Does Kovy move the needle for them at all? If Kovy wants out, Isles seem like a likely spot at a bargin price.

Isles pp is a tire fire this season. That would be the appeal of adding a goal scorer.
Not really sure he would fit into Trotz's defensive system. It demands the forwards, playing much more defensively responsible then Weight's system did.

Gonna be an interesting 28 hrs, with so many players still available :popcorn:

Reactions: LAKings88

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I hope the Kings keep Kovy. We really lack leaders on this team, and Kovy’s attitude and strong work ethic is a good influence on the infuse if young players coming in. I would love to seen him be interim captain until one of the new kids takes over in 2 years. Unfortunately this won’t happen while Kopitar is on the team.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Again, 35 yr old Kovy is a cap dump with a full or partial ntc,having a very disappointing season.

Not only do the Kings have to find some team willing to take the cap dump,the team has to be one Kovy is willing to waive for.

Let's move past the idea the isles cannot find a market for JHS and his $800,000 + salary.
JHS +3rd makes sense for both teams.

Isles improve their pp. Kings get younger, speedier.

A disappointing season? Oh wait, you mean when he started on a PPG pace, got injured, and then came back and got demoted to the 3rd line?

And I had to look it up, he'd be 5th-6th in scoring on your team, one that can actually score goals etc?

IF the trade happens, I think you might be surprised what Lou will give to get someone he's familiar with, and can immediately help his team.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I hope the Kings keep Kovy. We really lack leaders on this team, and Kovy’s attitude and strong work ethic is a good influence on the infuse if young players coming in. I would love to seen him be interim captain until one of the new kids takes over in 2 years. Unfortunately this won’t happen while Kopitar is on the team.
I wouldn’t mind. One of the few guys to actually tune in for lately.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Ladd,when healthy, is a good middle six forward on the isles.
He adds leadership, solid defensive play and secondary scoring .
He is also a cap dump, who started this season off well.

Would love it if he was worth his contract. He's not.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

LA could eat Little’s contract.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Ladd,when healthy, is a good middle six forward on the isles.
He adds leadership, solid defensive play and secondary scoring .
He is also a cap dump, who started this season off well.

Would love it if he was worth his contract. He's not.

I can’t speak for Ladd. I don’t watch him play. But I don’t consider Kovy to be a cap dump. He is producing well on the King’s and still has amazing skill. Like I said, I would rather keep him, especially since there is only 2 years left on his term and the Kings don’t need cap space. We would need to get a mind blowing offer like a 1st for me to want to move him. Just my opinion.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I can’t speak for Ladd. I don’t watch him play. But I don’t consider Kovy to be a cap dump. He is producing well on the King’s and still has amazing skill. Like I said, I would rather keep him, especially since there is only 2 years left on his term and the Kings don’t need cap space. We would need to get a mind blowing offer like a 1st for me to want to move him. Just my opinion.

I am not even tempted by the JHS + 2nd proposal , so obviously I have even less interest in moving a 1st for Kovy.

Dexter Sinister

Sep 26, 2015
Idahizzle
A disappointing season? Oh wait, you mean when he started on a PPG pace, got injured, and then came back and got demoted to the 3rd line?

And I had to look it up, he'd be 5th-6th in scoring on your team, one that can actually score goals etc?

IF the trade happens, I think you might be surprised what Lou will give to get someone he's familiar with, and can immediately help his team.
Not only that but Kovy will most likely get goals on a Kings team that can't score and lacks any type of direction (other than down). That translates to about 35 goals on another team.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I am not even tempted by the JHS + 2nd proposal , so obviously I have even less interest in moving a 1st for Kovy.

That's fine. I am not expecting a 1st for Kovy. Just saying I won't be moving Kovy unless there is awesome value coming back.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
That's fine. I am not expecting a 1st for Kovy. Just saying I won't be moving Kovy unless there is awesome value coming back.

This sort of applies to anyone mentioned in Kings trade rumors. There's no hurry to move anyone now, especially if its for crappy low picks just to trade someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille