Eklund Rumor: Kings trade coming? [Mod Warning, pg 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
This sort of applies to anyone mentioned in Kings trade rumors. There's no hurry to move anyone now, especially if its for crappy low picks just to trade someone.

I would move a few guys like Lewis and maybe Clifford just to open up roster spots for the kids. But I see no rush in moving Carter, Kovy, and Martinez unless its a good offer. Carter's cap hit is fine, and I don't think he has suddenly lost all talent. His play on ice shows me he is completely unmotivated. I think once this team has a fresh start with young blood next season, we will see a motivated Carter again.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I would move a few guys like Lewis and maybe Clifford just to open up roster spots for the kids. But I see no rush in moving Carter, Kovy, and Martinez unless its a good offer. Carter's cap hit is fine, and I don't think he has suddenly lost all talent. His play on ice shows me he is completely unmotivated. I think once this team has a fresh start with young blood next season, we will see a motivated Carter again.

Yeah, unless they get full value like they did for Muzzin who was playing near his abilities, they're better off holding on to some of these guys at this point. Carter almost certainly won't be worse next year, same with Toffoli, who has picked it up recently, same with just about everyone else frankly. Blake had better not sell low. Because of that I don't really see anyone else moving.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Yeah, unless they get full value like they did for Muzzin who was playing near his abilities, they're better off holding on to some of these guys at this point. Carter almost certainly won't be worse next year, same with Toffoli, who has picked it up recently, same with just about everyone else frankly. Blake had better not sell low. Because of that I don't really see anyone else moving.

This exactly how i see it . Don't make a deal just make a deal if you know the players worth more. Carter is worth more than a 3rd, and considering how bad the entire team has been, I can't see this happening again.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Trade them all, I really don't care at this point.
quote-there-is-but-one-path-we-must-kill-them-all-spartacus-105-81-63.jpg

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
2019 1st
2020 1st
Poehling
Romanov

?
jesus... good thing you're only a forum user.

you realy think Kopitar would make us a contender for the next 3 years?? 31 year old. he'll end up an archor and you will have give 4 valuable young assets that could be here for years.

don't get me wrong i love kopi, but he's age is far from fitting this team.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

you realy think Kopitar would make us a contender for the next 3 years?? 31 year old. he'll end up an archor and you will have give 4 valuable young assets that could be here for years.

He's about the same age as Price and Weber who are the two best players on the team.

Poehling and Romanov look good but you're getting a legitimate #1C that has won multiple cups. One of the best 2 way C in the league with size. For the first rounders Montreal hasn't hit often lately with the later picks(15-35)... McCarron, Sherbak, Juulsen, Beaulieu, DLR, Fucale, Collberg, Leblanc, Fischer, Chipchura, Tinordi... None of these guys have been anything special. Other than the Pacioretty draft Montreal has never got anything out of their later first rounders.

Kopitar won't just magically start to be bad in a couple years. Kings are having a bad season and he is struggling like the team. Guy had 92 points last season. If I'm Montreal and I have a chance to grab Kopitar for that price I do it.

Last edited:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
He's about the same age as Price and Weber who are the two best players on the team.

Poehling and Romanov look good but you're getting a legitimate #1C that has won multiple cups. One of the best 2 way C in the league with size. For the first rounders Montreal hasn't hit often lately with the later picks(15-35)... McCarron, Sherbak, Juulsen, Beaulieu, DLR, Fucale, Collberg, Leblanc, Fischer, Chipchura, Tinordi... None of these guys have been anything special. Other than the Pacioretty draft Montreal has never got anything out of their later first rounders.

Kopitar won't just magically start to be bad in a couple years. Kings are having a bad season and he is struggling like the team. Guy had 92 points last season. If I'm Montreal and I have a chance to grab Kopitar for that price I do it.

Habs management are aware we aren't contenders right now, adding kopitar doesn't make us contender without any other roster addition. kopitar is almost 32, Elite goaltenders stay on top of their game for a longer time if they are healthy (wich price hasn't been the past 2 years, but he looks healthy right now) as for Weber he's likely going to be a Mentor that won't be playing the first pair when Montreal is likely to be relevant. Saying we need to build around Price and Weber getting and get older experienced player is wrong, this league is getting younger, you build around them being mentors for the young guns you draft or trade for! trading the whole farm for Kopitar would be the worst mistake this organisation could do, a massive step back!

it would be the exact same thing to say LA should be Selling the farm to acquire Weber because their best players are old! LA is better of keeping Kopitar as a core player who will help other kids develop and make him expendable when the kids are ready to take over.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Habs management are aware we aren't contenders right now, adding kopitar doesn't make us contender without any other roster addition. kopitar is almost 32, Elite goaltenders stay on top of their game for a longer time if they are healthy (wich price hasn't been the past 2 years, but he looks healthy right now) as for Weber he's likely going to be a Mentor that won't be playing the first pair when Montreal is likely to be relevant. Saying we need to build around Price and Weber getting older experienced player is wrong, this league is getting younger, you build around them being mentors for the young guns you draft or trade for! trading the whole farm for Kopitar would be the worst mistake this organisation could do, a massive step back!

it would be the exact same thing to say LA should be Selling the farm to acquire Weber because their best players are old! LA is better of keeping Kopitar as a core player who will help other kids develop and make him expendable when the kids are ready to take over.

Situation is entirely different given the fact that Montreal is much better than LA and have some good young players as well. They need to make a pitch to win while Price and Weber are still at the top of their game. They have no one in the pipeline who will be as impactful as Price and Weber coming up other than Kotkaniemi. With Kopitar they also get a great mentor for Kotka and slots everyone down where they should be without giving up anything significant (compared to what Kopitar brings).

Guys like Kopitar don't just fade away. Thornton was great in his late 30s, Eric Staal scored 42 at a 33 year old, Zetterberg, Datsyuk.. Guys of that quality play great hockey in their late 30s.

Last edited:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Situation is entirely different given the fact that Montreal is much better than LA and have some good young players as well. They need to make a pitch to win while Price and Weber are still at the top of their game. They have no one in the pipeline who will be as impactful as Price and Weber coming up other than Kotkaniemi. With Kopitar they also get a great mentor for Kotka and slots everyone down where they should be without giving up anything significant (compared to what Kopitar brings).

Guys like Kopitar don't just fade away. Thornton was great in his late 30s, Eric Staal scored 42 at a 33 year old, Zetterberg, Datsyuk.. Guys of that quality play great hockey in their late 30s.

that just shows how little you know about the habs prospect pool.

last thing this teams needs to add is an other aging player with a hefty caphit.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
that just shows how little you know about the habs prospect pool.

Forgot Suzuki but that's besides the point... They could keep all those guys and have Kopitar....

Poehling is good but nowhere near Kopitar level. Romanov is great as well but that's the price for a far superior player. One of best best Centers in the NHL. For the firsts the fact remains the Habs cant draft to save their own lives until this new crop proves otherwise. Just a case of overvaluing prospects and pics as usual honestly.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Forgot Suzuki but that's besides the point... They could keep all those guys and have Kopitar....

Poehling is good but nowhere near Kopitar level. Romanov is great as well but that's the price for a far superior player. One of best best Centers in the NHL.

you have to realize that montreal is not a Contender even with Kopitar and giving 2 prospect that fits our exact need for years to come, + 2x 1st round pick is bad. it's no knock on Kopitar at all but he's 32, we don't need him, we need to create a young team with alot of depth and this current prospect pool might allow us to do that.

No one knows how good poehling can become, just like he could not translate very well. Kopitar is not fit plain and simple.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
you have to realize that montreal is not a Contender even with Kopitar and giving 2 prospect that fits our exact need for years to come, + 2x 1st round pick is bad. it's no knock on Kopitar at all but he's 32, we don't need him, we need to create a young team with alot of depth and this current prospect pool might allow us to do that.

No one knows how good poehling can become, just like he could not translate very well. Kopitar is not fit plain and simple.

I mean.. No one knows okay that's fine but it's very safe to say the chances he ever becomes nearly as good as Kopitar is are extremely slim and not something a team should ever count on. Kopitar is not 32, he's 31 and will turn 32 in 6 months.

I respect your opinion but to me that's an easy trade for Montreal. They have a ton of capspace as well and could likely send some salary back to LA.

Get Kopi and let Kotkaniemi learn from a true leader. Get a guy that will lead this team on and off the ice and enough with being hesitant and never getting anywhere. Kopitar is the type of guy that keeps players accountable, that keeps guys on their toes, and that gives a team confidence. Add Kopitar and a couple tweeks on D and I could see this team win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I mean.. No one knows okay that's fine but it's very safe to say the chances he ever becomes nearly as good as Kopitar is are extremely slim and not something a team should ever count on. Kopitar is not 32, he's 31 and will turn 32 in 6 months.

I respect your opinion but to me that's an easy trade for Montreal. They have a ton of capspace as well.

theres barely 2 month of hockey left. he'll start the season at 32 next year.

it's also safe to say Montreal isn't winning the cup in the next 3 years with selling the farm for Kopitar, he'll likely create cap space probleme with 3 x 30's player with longterm contract almost winning 30M together. also safe to say while being still very good he's not gonna get better and will likely not be as good as he used to be. then you just gave 4 very good assets, 2 of them being close to NHL ready that fits a need. 2 other that could be use to draft and fill other holes. but you took all that and put it in 1 player and you still have alot of holes in your roster and it's not getting any younger, Lets agree to disagree because you seem to cannot see my point where Montreal isn't there yet and they are and still should be in the process of building a young competitive team for years to come to fight against Toronto, buffalo, Ligthning. I just saw your profil you seem to be a ottawa fan, you want us to free fall like you guys are currently collapsing?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
theres barely 2 month of hockey left. he'll start the season at 32 next year.

it's also safe to say Montreal isn't winning the cup in the next 3 years with selling the farm for Kopitar, he'll likely create cap space probleme with 30's player with longterm contract almost winning 30M. also safe to say while being still very good he's not gonna get better and will likely not be as good as he used to be. then you just gave 4 very good assets, 2 of them being close to NHL ready that fits a need. 2 other that could be use to draft and fill other holes. but you took all that and put it in 1 player and you still have alot of holes in your roster and it's not getting any younger, Lets agree to disagree because you seem to cannot see my point where Montreal isn't there yet and they are and still should be in the process of building a young competitive team for years to come to fight against Toronto, buffalo, Ligthning. I just saw your profil you seem to be a ottawa fan, you want us to free fall like you guys are currently collapsing?

Lmao ....

How can you ever compare Ottawa and Montreal and these two situations is beyond me. The richest team in the NHL in the biggest market compared to a budget team that's not willing to pay for their players to stay. There's no comparison to be made.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015

Hate to break it to you, but so long as Price and Weber are on this team, we should be competing to win now.

Poehling and Romanov are both 2+ years off. The 2019 pick, and 2020 pick are likely 3/4 years off respectively, at least.

In what world does adding an elite 1C not make us a contender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->