Eklund Rumor: Kings trade coming? [Mod Warning, pg 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Ho Sang is a head case. I'd pass.

That is fine.

NYI fans will tell you, I am one of the biggest JHS fans on the nyi board. I do not want him traded.

There is a tweet on the isles board that he drawing interest and the isles are trying to decide whether to move him straight up or in a package.
Lou reportedly is kicking a lot of tires.

Reactions: Reaper45

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
That is fine.

NYI fans will tell you, I am one of the biggest JHS fans on the nyi board. I do not want him traded.

There is a tweet on the isles board that he drawing interest and the isles are trying to decide whether to move him straight up or in a package.
Lou reportedly is kicking a lot of tires.

Again, Kovy at 25% for JHS and a 2nd makes sense for both teams...

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I can’t see Ho Sang in LA.

I think they won’t risk the attitude.

I can, I think his skills is a risk they HAVE to take, if the opportunity is there.....I think with Kopitar, Brown, Phaneuf, Quick there, they can get a handle on this attitude, and even then what exactly is his attitude, you have one side, the other side, and the truth is always somewhere in the middle.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I can, I think his skills is a risk they HAVE to take, if the opportunity is there.....I think with Kopitar, Brown, Phaneuf, Quick there, they can get a handle on this attitude, and even then what exactly is his attitude, you have one side, the other side, and the truth is always somewhere in the middle.
Blake, Futa, and Co. are still concerned about culture. Keeping Clifford, Durzi’s backstory, are two recent examples I can think of. I actually like Ho Sang’s skill set but would be surprised if he ends up in LA.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Toffoli is a name I wouldn't mind seeing on the back of an Habs jersey.
Not entirely sure the Habs are in position to offer LA the best return in the league, but if both teams are talking, I hope it's for him.

Reactions: Vachon23

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Toffoli is a name I wouldn't mind seeing on the back of an Habs jersey.
Not entirely sure the Habs are in position to offer LA the best return in the league, but if both teams are talking, I hope it's for him.
Unlikely. Sounds like LA doesn’t quite want to give up on him yet. Price would have to be right.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Blake, Futa, and Co. are still concerned about culture. Keeping Clifford, Durzi’s backstory, are two recent examples I can think of. I actually like Ho Sang’s skill set but would be surprised if he ends up in LA.

I think they are talking about the culture of losing, and settling.....not necessarily character.....

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I think they are talking about the culture of losing, and settling.....not necessarily character.....
It’s a bit of a ying yang tho isn’t it. Good character breeds good work ethic. I do keep hearing way to much, in post game interviews, that the intensity and commitment isn’t there this year. Maybe LA needs a huge shake up. Like Kopitar huge.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
It’s a bit of a ying yang tho isn’t it. Good character breeds good work ethic. I do keep hearing way to much, in post game interviews, that the intensity and commitment isn’t there this year. Maybe LA needs a huge shake up. Like Kopitar huge.
I'd love for Blake to hit Kopitar with a chair shot and tell him he's been traded to the Isles for 2 1sts, Wahlstrom and Wilde.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Again, Kovy at 25% for JHS and a 2nd makes sense for both teams...
Again, 35 yr old Kovy is a cap dump with a full or partial ntc,having a very disappointing season.

Not only do the Kings have to find some team willing to take the cap dump,the team has to be one Kovy is willing to waive for.

Let's move past the idea the isles cannot find a market for JHS and his $800,000 + salary.
JHS +3rd makes sense for both teams.

Isles improve their pp. Kings get younger, speedier.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Again, 35 yr old Kovy is a cap dump with a full or partial ntc,having a very disappointing season
Kovy is not a cap dump. Everyone on the Kings is having a disappointing season. Than everyone is a cap dump.

Unless you think Kovalchuk cant play anymore, than just start watching some LA games. It is getting terribly annoying.

Kings dont even need the cap because they are getting nowhere the next two seasons.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Kovy is not a cap dump. Everyone on the Kings is having a disappointing season. Than everyone is a cap dump.

Unless you think Kovalchuk cant play anymore, than just start watching some LA games. It is getting terribly annoying.

An aging,high salaried player,putting up disappointing numbers with 2 more yrs/ $13m left on his deal, is a cap dump.

Stone, Brassard,Nyquist, Simmonds, Hayes ,Johansson, Staal,Henrique, Hoffman,Zucker, Carter, Kovy,Toffoli are all available either being shopped or were asked to provide their partial trade list.

Kings imo will not get a 2nd+ a highly skilled, but immature kid like JHS for Kovy

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Again, 35 yr old Kovy is a cap dump with a full or partial ntc,having a very disappointing season.

Not only do the Kings have to find some team willing to take the cap dump,the team has to be one Kovy is willing to waive for.

Let's move past the idea the isles cannot find a market for JHS and his $800,000 + salary.
JHS +3rd makes sense for both teams.

Isles improve their pp. Kings get younger, speedier.
Kovy is not a defensive stalwart that’s for sure. He has been ok offensively. The team is overall bad at scoring. I think part of the issue with Kovy is he likes having the puck. Played really well with Kempe and Hagelin. Really hard to gauge what LA wants to do with him. May keep him and hope a better coach gets more out of him and the team. LA is also trying to attract Pkorhkins out of Russia. Some talk of Panarin too (pipe dream likely). Does Kovy move the needle for them at all? If Kovy wants out, Isles seem like a likely spot at a bargin price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille