Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in CHL/College/Europe Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Yes, so did Pavel Bure for his entire career, he was still an amazing goal-scorer who made his teams better. Like I said in my first post, he is not a perfect player and is going to have some hiccups to his game but he is the best shooter of the puck I have seen in my 20 or so years of closely following NCAA hockey. The puck just explodes off his stick, it's like a prime Brett Hull.

But yes, he's never going to win a Selke trophy.

He's a talented shooter who, in my opinion, depends on people to do most of the work for him.

I'd say he's closer to Cammalleri than Bure.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
What's going on with Helge Grans out there in Finland? I made an anagram with his name: real sHaGgen. Maybe that'll be my new Twitter handle.

henkkj

Jun 29, 2017
What's going on with Helge Grans out there in Finland? I made an anagram with his name: real sHaGgen. Maybe that'll be my new Twitter handle.
Grans is playing in the SHL in Sweden.

Nousiainen though is playing in Finland and has developed really nicely so far this year as I kinda expected. He is already a leading d-man for his team and if he stays in Finland for next season, I think he is going to be one of the top defenders in the whole league. That doesn't guarantee that he is going to make it to the NHL but he has a chance in a few years.

Juho Markkanen also made his Liiga debut. Lost the game 2-1 but played well and made 22 saves.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Grans is playing in the SHL in Sweden.

Nousiainen though is playing in Finland and has developed really nicely so far this year as I kinda expected. He is already a leading d-man for his team and if he stays in Finland for next season, I think he is going to be one of the top defenders in the whole league. That doesn't guarantee that he is going to make it to the NHL but he has a chance in a few years.

Juho Markkanen also made his Liiga debut. Lost the game 2-1 but played well and made 22 saves.
My bad. Thanks for the correction.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
how do you like Shafigullins development?

How do we like his development? He's a 21 yr old kid playing in Russia with a team high -23. Not certain what he's developing to be honest. With the amount of other Kings prospects playing well in North America, he's just a guy who was their 82 pick in 2018 similar to the guy they drafted with their 74th pick in 2015. Russian kid who will most likely spend his career in Russia.

Reactions: LAKings88

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
how do you like Shafigullins development?

Finally healthy and playing. I saw him once (game against Jokerit). That was only one game, but in my mind he was not a typical, skilled Russian player. More like a Russian grinder (played third line). Surprisingly aggressive, speed/skating ok, eager, but inaccurate shooter.

edit.

Eyssimont's (and Rymsha's) contract ends after this season. Maybye Kings or Reign will sign Shafigullin - AHL contract, is it possible?

Last edited:

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Finally healthy and playing. I saw him once (game against Jokerit). That was only one game, but in mind he was not a typical, skilled Russian player. More like a Russian grinder (played third line). Surprisingly aggressive, speed/skating ok, eager, but inaccurate shooter.

edit.

Eyssimont's (and Rymsha's) contract ends after this season. Maybye Kings or Reign signed Shafigullin - AHL contract, is it possible?

AHL contract sure, but can’t see the Kings using a contract spot on him while other more promising prospects need one.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
The last two games I've tuned into to watch Martin Chromiak only to find he's not in the line up...really disappointing,hope he's not injured

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
AHL contract sure, but can’t see the Kings using a contract spot on him while other more promising prospects need one.
But if you're him, why would you even want to play in the AHL?

I think the only real path to the NHL for him is if eventually hits his stride in the KHL and becomes a star player there, then transfers directly to the NHL like Panarin/Kaprizov.

Slim chance of that happening, but not impossible. Panarin wasn't exactly lighting it up in the K when he was Bulat's age.

Reactions: Docgonzo and andys

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Hrenak won 6-2 in net today in the NCAA playoffs.

Brock Faber has 1 G, 1 A already as Minnesota is up 2-0

Reactions: andys

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
If I was Seattle Kraken I sign Jack LaFontaine as a college free agent since Carolina's rights to him have expired

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I follow our Kings prospects heavily and somehow I totally forgot about this guy.
Been watching,following Bulat for a few years now...finally he has put up some decent numbers after being promoted from 4th line...never know with Shafigullin...I like that the Kings have prospects coming out of their ears

Reactions: funky

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Kings have to keep Faber in Minnesota with the Gophers for at least 3 years right?

No, they could sign him right now if they wanted. Obviously he's not leaving school during the tourney, but no restrictions. I think it would be insane if the Kings tried to sign him after his season ended, but you never know.

Send him back for one more season, and hopefully at this time next year we are looking at adding him to either the Reign (or if it goes really amazing for him, the Kings).

More than likely though...

2021-2022 - Minnesota (with pro debut after season)
2022-2023- Split time with AHL/NHL
2023-2024 - Fulltime NHL'er

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
But if you're him, why would you even want to play in the AHL?

I think the only real path to the NHL for him is if eventually hits his stride in the KHL and becomes a star player there, then transfers directly to the NHL like Panarin/Kaprizov.

Slim chance of that happening, but not impossible. Panarin wasn't exactly lighting it up in the K when he was Bulat's age.

Not at all which is why I don’t think they’ll sign him until he’s more proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad