Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in CHL/College/Europe Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
Kim Nousiainen has now 21 points, being 12th at dman scoring. Playing +20 minutes in night, he starts to look like a legimate number one defender in Liiga, which is impressive feat at 20 years old. He has contract with KalPa for the next season and it would propably be best if he stayed in Finland one more year. Nothing stops Kings signing him however.

He could be solid puck mover and power play opinion in future. KalPa had this good 20 yo defender probably never, since Kimmo Timonen skipped town when he was 19. Maybe you should hold on this one.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Kim Nousiainen has now 21 points, being 12th at dman scoring. Playing +20 minutes in night, he starts to look like a legimate number one defender in Liiga, which is impressive feat at 20 years old. He has contract with KalPa for the next season and it would propably be best if he stayed in Finland one more year. Nothing stops Kings signing him however.

He could be solid puck mover and power play opinion in future. KalPa had this good 20 yo defender probably never, since Kimmo Timonen skipped town when he was 19. Maybe you should hold on this one.

Ultimately will replace Walker, but on the left side. I dont see a world where Walker, Clague, and Nousiainen coexist. Whether this happens at the end of Walker’s term or sooner, we’ll see. If Clague is still around (doubtful, but who knows), I imagine it’s a battle between those two. Either way he’s going to have to take someone’s job bc Anderson and Bjornfot are locked in over there for a while. Maybe I’m jumping the gun but it’s fun to think about, lots will happen be now and when he arrives, whenever that is. Might pair well with Strand.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Ultimately will replace Walker, but on the left side. I dont see a world where Walker, Clague, and Nousiainen coexist. Whether this happens at the end of Walker’s term or sooner, we’ll see. If Clague is still around (doubtful, but who knows), I imagine it’s a battle between those two. Either way he’s going to have to take someone’s job bc Anderson and Bjornfot are locked in over there for a while. Maybe I’m jumping the gun but it’s fun to think about, lots will happen be now and when he arrives, whenever that is. Might pair well with Strand.

Walker right shot, Nousiainen left shot. Replacing each other does not compute. Walker's pipeline replacement is Faber. Clague continues to struggle in the AHL with his D, Faber could be an option by 22-23 for the right side. Kid has a pro game, just needs to mature. I'm still having trouble with the idea that a 5'9" defensemen (Nousiainen) can hold his own in the NHL. I like the player, but that size is a serious concern. Strand's best shot is the Kings waiving MacD to start the 21-22 season out of camp, Strand as the 7th D.

Reactions: Token

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands

KalPa does not seem to be a very high scoring team either ?

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Walker right shot, Nousiainen left shot. Replacing each other does not compute. Walker's pipeline replacement is Faber. Clague continues to struggle in the AHL with his D, Faber could be an option by 22-23 for the right side. Kid has a pro game, just needs to mature. I'm still having trouble with the idea that a 5'9" defensemen (Nousiainen) can hold his own in the NHL. I like the player, but that size is a serious concern. Strand's best shot is the Kings waiving MacD to start the 21-22 season out of camp, Strand as the 7th D.

Don't forget Spence

Reactions: Ghetty Green

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019

First sentence: "Ultimately will replace Walker, but on the left side." I'm not talking about sides, I'm talking about type. You gonna have a roster with Clague, Nousiainen, and Walker as three of your defensemen? I don't think so. At 6'1" Faber gives you a different package by the time he's in his 20s.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

He is going to finish 3rd, but that is a hell of an accomplishment, especially since he was seen as a lesser prospect than his teammate Ryan CJ Jr Johnson.

There was a lot of talent in the conference this year, especially at the top, and he was a rock defensively. Hopefully next year he can take a step offensively and then be ready for AHL duty in 22-23 then NHL the year after. The same path Mikey Anderson took.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
He is going to finish 3rd, but that is a hell of an accomplishment, especially since he was seen as a lesser prospect than his teammate Ryan CJ Jr Johnson.

There was a lot of talent in the conference this year, especially at the top, and he was a rock defensively. Hopefully next year he can take a step offensively and then be ready for AHL duty in 22-23 then NHL the year after. The same path Mikey Anderson took.

Yup, hopefully Ducks prospect Lacombe leaves and/Or Johnson so Faber can start getting PP1 time.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Where's that one fan who was upset the Kings gave up a 4th round pick to move up to draft Faber?
I remember that.

I assume LA had info he wouldnt be available anymore at spot 51.

Technically, Brock Faber could still turn into nothing and who knows that particular fan was a big fan of either Sam Stange or Theodor Niederbach.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Faber and Minnesota up against Michigan on the B1G Ten tournament.

Michigan took the 1-0 lead on the powerplay.

Faber looks very good though.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
HOly shit, tough kid.

Glad it wasn't enough of an injury to keep him out of the lineup. I'm sure he's uncomfortable as hell though!

Reactions: ru4reals

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Minn beats Mich 3-2 in OT. Faber was +3

Had a chance to watch the game last night. Faber looked good in his own zone and made some nice plays defensively. Skates really well.

Minnesota turned it on in the 3rd period erasing a 2-goal deficit.

Should be a great final tonight between #1 Wisconsin and #2 Minnesota. If you have the means to watch it, tune in. Tournament has been really good thus far.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Very sad with the results, Michigan had numerous chances to make it 3-0 and choked.

As for Faber and the final, they'll probably try and have him out there against Caufield as much as possible, although UW will get final change. I thought Faber was really good against Michigan's best players, he was better than a lot of guys who are going to be or have already been taken in the 1st or 2nd round. That is obviously great to see for his future projections as a 2nd pair shut down defenseman, but right now our best players aren't at the level Caufield is playing at, that kid has some areas of concern going forward, but if he stepped into the NHL tomorrow he would have one of the best shots in the entire league, he shoots the puck like Brett Hull did in the 90's. Both teams have bigger goals than winning the Big Ten tournament, but it is still a big deal for bragging rights, hopefully no one gets injured and both teams can have good runs in the big tourney no matter who wins this one.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Very sad with the results, Michigan had numerous chances to make it 3-0 and choked.

As for Faber and the final, they'll probably try and have him out there against Caufield as much as possible, although UW will get final change. I thought Faber was really good against Michigan's best players, he was better than a lot of guys who are going to be or have already been taken in the 1st or 2nd round. That is obviously great to see for his future projections as a 2nd pair shut down defenseman, but right now our best players aren't at the level Caufield is playing at, that kid has some areas of concern going forward, but if he stepped into the NHL tomorrow he would have one of the best shots in the entire league, he shoots the puck like Brett Hull did in the 90's. Both teams have bigger goals than winning the Big Ten tournament, but it is still a big deal for bragging rights, hopefully no one gets injured and both teams can have good runs in the big tourney no matter who wins this one.

Noticed on Caufield's OT winner, he was behind the defense even though the opposition was carrying the puck into his zone. Most blatant cherrypicking during a playoff game.

He's talented, sure, but he's going to have problems going forward. Hopefully Faber can take part in shutting him down tonight.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Noticed on Caufield's OT winner, he was behind the defense even though the opposition was carrying the puck into his zone. Most blatant cherrypicking during a playoff game.

He's talented, sure, but he's going to have problems going forward. Hopefully Faber can take part in shutting him down tonight.

Yes, so did Pavel Bure for his entire career, he was still an amazing goal-scorer who made his teams better. Like I said in my first post, he is not a perfect player and is going to have some hiccups to his game but he is the best shooter of the puck I have seen in my 20 or so years of closely following NCAA hockey. The puck just explodes off his stick, it's like a prime Brett Hull.

But yes, he's never going to win a Selke trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad