Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in CHL/College/Europe Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Brendan Lemieux skated and may play Wednesday...so who will be scratched, Wednesday? Lias Andersson and Grundstrom...instead of 2 of: Carter / Wagner / Lizotte.

Zach Dooley
@DooleyLAK

·
18m
Per Todd McLellan - Brendan Lemieux has cleared protocol, skated with the
@LAKings for the first time today. Won't play tonight, could play on Wednesday.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Brendan Lemieux skated and may play Wednesday...so who will be scratched, Wednesday? Lias Andersson and Grundstrom...instead of 2 of: Carter / Wagner / Lizotte.

Zach Dooley
@DooleyLAK

·
18m
Per Todd McLellan - Brendan Lemieux has cleared protocol, skated with the
@LAKings for the first time today. Won't play tonight, could play on Wednesday.

You can just copy and paste the twitter link and it should display correctly on these boards.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
How do we like his development? He's a 21 yr old kid playing in Russia with a team high -23. Not certain what he's developing to be honest. With the amount of other Kings prospects playing well in North America, he's just a guy who was their 82 pick in 2018 similar to the guy they drafted with their 74th pick in 2015. Russian kid who will most likely spend his career in Russia.

Mayor tweeting yesterday that he is hearing he is coming over to join the Reign.

Reactions: andys

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Better than Villalta? Personally don't think so. Better than Ingham? At the moment yes, but Ingham has higher potential. I can see them bringing in Hrenak, but then you suddenly got a long jam of goalies in Ontario and not enough ice time for everyone.
Competition brings out the best in everyone! If Parik and Hrenak aren't ready for the AHL send them back home to the Czech Republic and Slovakia respectively and let them develop there for a year or two. Plus the Kings have Markkonen in Finland! Like I always say you can't have enough good young prospects at any position! And it can be used as a bargaining chip with Seattle in the Expansion draft too

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
For me it's Petersen, Quick and a cast of hopefuls that "might" turn out to be something. Nothing that can step in to be an effective NHL caliber goalie. If Quick is selected by Seattle and/or traded, they are going to have to acquire a solid back-up for Petersen. Which is why I don't think they move Quick in a trade (Unless Blake is really courted by someone willing to overpay). Just my thoughts.
The Kings have Grosenick as a back up if Quick is dealt! And it may be Quicker who's asking for a new lease on Life. If it nets the Kings a decent return I pull the trigger in a heartbeat

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Hrenak and St Cloud State down 1-0 with 2 minutes left in the period. Shots are 5 to 1 in favor of Mass. Brutal to watch so far.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Hrenak and St Cloud State down 1-0 with 2 minutes left in the period. Shots are 5 to 1 in favor of Mass. Brutal to watch so far.

2-0 now. As you said an ugly game.

Tough for ESPN too, they had a lot of blue blood hockey programs in this tournament with big followings and got these 2 squads in the finals.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
2-0 now. As you said an ugly game.

Tough for ESPN too, they had a lot of blue blood hockey programs in this tournament with big followings and got these 2 squads in the finals.

I see why Blake likes prospects from St Clouds. They play just like the Kings. Poor Hrenak.

first goal Mass has an uncontested 2 on 0 from their own blue line as St Clouds Defence managed to hit each other and decided to lay on the ice.

the second was a wrap around where the Defence figures that they should let 3 Mass played between them and Hrenak.

sounds like Kings hockey

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Any update on Bulat coming over?

I'll be honest. I'm not really in a rush to see him right now. We are close to the limit on contracts (50) and I'd like to see the crew we have sort themselves out over the rest of this year and next.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I'll be honest. I'm not really in a rush to see him right now. We are close to the limit on contracts (50) and I'd like to see the crew we have sort themselves out over the rest of this year and next.
The Kings will dump nearly 10 contracts to be sure so signing Bulat Shafigullin won't be a problem! Same goes for David Hrenak

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Mayor tweeting yesterday that he is hearing he is coming over to join the Reign.
I expect a lot of Kings will be moved and a bunch of Jobs available at the NHL level so restocking the "Farm" with youngsters is a good move especially ones with potential! Plus he plays the Wing and the Kings are sorely lacking scoring Wingers

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
U20: Slovakia - Czech Republic: 5-2. Chromiak 1+2. Martin was really good. Showed great skating, created a lot of scoring opportunities for his teammates. I was surprised by his puck protection, used his body very well even though he is not the biggest guy.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
U20: Slovakia - Czech Republic: 5-2. Chromiak 1+2. Martin was really good. Showed great skating, created a lot of scoring opportunities for his teammates. I was surprised by his puck protection, used his body very well even though he is not the biggest guy.
Honestly keep forgetting about him.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I have great feelings about Chromiak and Simontaival from watching them. Both players feel like picks the Lightning, Hurricanes, or Leafs would make; high skill, high IQ players with some warts that can hopefully be dealt with by the development staff.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
I just bought a copy of the THN FUTURE WATCH. Kings prospect pool is ranked #3 behind OTT and NYR. LA has 6 prospects in their top 100. They have a nice write up on Byfield as well.

Byfield - 2
Turcotte - 13
Bjornfoot - 46
Kaliyev - 51
Fagemo - 75
Faber - 78

Kupari, Madden & Thomas are unranked. Some of the other prospects ranked in their top 100 seem a little questionable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad