Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in CHL/College/Europe Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
What a pass! I don't know if that would work much in the NHL, but that was a beaut either way.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
So is Fagemo just chillin in the lower Swedish leagues until the NHL starts their season? I notice he's not with his old club.
He doesn't have a contract with them anymore, so he couldn't go back on loan, he would've had to sign a new deal and stay all season.

This ^

SEL doesn't allow you to play for only a chunk of the season. It's either all or nothing. So Fagemo is playing in the AHL equivalent of the SEL so he can get playing time. Once the AHL season starts, he can come back over.

Reactions: ru4reals

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
This ^

SEL doesn't allow you to play for only a chunk of the season. It's either all or nothing. So Fagemo is playing in the AHL equivalent of the SEL so he can get playing time. Once the AHL season starts, he can come back over.

I knew I was in the ballpark, wasn't sure I had all the details though, close enough.

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA

Four Kings crack the top 20:

#2 Byfield
#15 Turcotte
#17 Kaliyev
#20 Vilardi

Love what he had to say about most our prospects, but the Arthur Kaliyev report got me rather excited.

17. Arthur Kaliyev, RW/LW, 19 (Los Angeles Kings — 33rd overall, 2019)

"Maybe the best one-shot player outside of the NHL, Kaliyev can score from anywhere in the offensive zone with about three or four different shot types, including a one-timer (which has become a bit of a lost art with a lot of top prospects). He’s the closest prospect we’ve had to Patrik Laine since, well, Patrik Laine. That unique ability will propel him to the NHL. I’ve always maintained, though, that Kaliyev is also a sublime passer, and the kind of player who uses the attention his shot draws to create NHL-level skill plays in other ways. Every team that refused to draft him because of his reluctance to stop on pucks or his awkward skating stride will regret it when he’s pounding in 30-plus goals and he’s one of the biggest power play threats in the world. Do you want to build a team around three-zone players? Of course, you do. But there is room on every NHL team for talent like Kaliyev’s and the teams that recognize that and then surround him with the other types are the ones that really understand how to tap into market inefficiencies and build a team."

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
He doesn't have a contract with them anymore, so he couldn't go back on loan, he would've had to sign a new deal and stay all season.

Oh shoot okay I see. Big fan of this kid really hoping he can come in and make a huge impact one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad