GDT: Kings in CGY to get burned in the throne by the almighty FLAMES 7PM start time boyos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Ducks are now second in the division. Classic

Granted they've played 2 more games

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Kovalchuk didn't play tonight, right? He was injured or something?

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
They're 2nd with a -14 GD, only the Sharks and Flames have a positive GD

That is funny.

Typical Ducks though. Suck for two months, then be world-beaters from ~December through March to win the division. With Gibson Getzlaf, Rakell, Silf, Kelser, Cogliano, Lindholm, Fowler, and eventually Perry, they're still a very dangerous team.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Ducks have lost 15 games, Flames have lost 11, yet Flames are only a point up on them.

The leagues point system is so broken. I mean yeah if we win the two games in hand we're 5 up, but our division otuside of us is only in the playoffs right now because of loser points. The Pacific is a complete shit show shit teams.

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Kylington was fantastic; really getting better with each game.

He's going to be a version of Giordano with Brodie skating someday. You can just see how complete he is and he's still only 21, four months younger than Hanifin actually. I've contended for a while that if Kylington were drafted by a team like Carolina he would have seen copious amounts of NHL ice time a lot sooner. Now that he has Bill Peters it won't be long before he earns his way up the roster by himself, not that Hanifin is slipping or anything in his role, but it's a matter of upside.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
lol @ the Monahan post game interview. In the background you just hear Chucky yell "HOLY *S WORD*" and Mony starts laughing. I am 99% sure it was Chucky.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I posted in the other thread as well, but does anyone know why Lomberg was compared to Lord Farquad? I missed the beginning of that segment.

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
I posted in the other thread as well, but does anyone know why Lomberg was compared to Lord Farquad? I missed the beginning of that segment.

He said cause he looks like him and put a pic up beside his. lol it was pretty close that is for sure

Reactions: Fig

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
mikesmith.png

Mike Smith moving up that GAA chart lol. Man it's been a rough year for goalies with the equipment changes.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Kings had just two shots after Gaudreau's goal, and one of those was after Backlund EN.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Guys? Is it just me or does Kylington look more impactful than Andersson has?
I think Andersson looks more steady and poised, while Kylington looks like he knows he’s capable of being the best d man on the ice, but remember he’s playing with the big boys and second guesses his abilities.

He’s young but I think Peters is the right coach to let players play to their abilities and he’ll develop better that way.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I feel Ras wants to make the safe play right now in the offensive zone opposed to making a high risk/high reward play. We aren't hurting for goals so it's fine right now, but if he (and Vali) and Ollie can get their offence going, my God.

What in the hell do the Flames do now though? Flames have 7 legitimate NHL d-men (no Stone wasn't) who need to play when Vali gets healthy. Do we send someone down and hold them for the year as depth or try and facilitate a trade for more offensive depth or an upgrade in net?

Who knows how the year plays out, but like we shouldn't be trading any of our top 4 because we finally have a solid top 4, really 2 top pairings with Hanifin and Hamonic's play as of late. Then our 3 stud rookie d-men. It's a good problem to have, albeit it is still a problem.

Reactions: Nanuuk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad