Kings fire John Stevens, assistant Don Nachbaur; Desjardins hired as interim

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
so you're saying they are waving the white flag in early November?
Okay, that seems like a good appeal to Kopitar, Doughty and Quick

Quick is done

Kopitar & Doughty is not enough to pull an entire team

have you seen our bottom 6 lately?

are you aware that LA is extremely slow?

do you know that Tanner Pearson is in our top 6?

Budaj is our backup... Budaj! lol

i really hope this staff isn't satisfied with an 8th seed and a 1st rd exit

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
You don't rebuild when your #1 c and d are in their prime and two of the top 10 players in the league.

The Kings roster is better than what we have seen so far and has underachieved a bit.

It doesn't help though that they haven't added a single high end young talent to the roster in over 5 years.
Kings paid the price for Lombardi’s 2015 moves to get Sekeras at the 2015 TDL for McKeown and what turned out to be their 2016 1st rounder. He follows that up with the draft day deal to get Lucic for Jones, Miller and their 2015 1st.

2015 pick could be a good young player for them depending on who they drafted. 2016 pick may or may not be in the NHL right now. Jones they could have flipped for a pick and ensured at least he didn’t end up with division rival sJ. Miller likely would have been lost to the ED over McCabe, unless they moved him to get something and still lose MCCabe.

When you deal out picks and prospects you pay for it around 3-5 years later. Which is what is happening in LA.

It was always a bit puzzling to me that they made the Lucic move and paid that price for only 1 year. Talking about a 28 year old Kopitar and a turning 26 year old Doughty. No reason to burn so much future when Kopitar would have around 5 really good years left before you see a noticeable decline. Doughty would have 7 years at that point.

Jones was a piece they could afford to move but to ultimately see him land with SJ hurts.

I could get the 2015 moves if Kopitar was 32 and doughty turning 30 as you’re nearing the end of the run. So you give them one final kick at the can but they had a few good years left.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
I'm tearing up with laughter here.

I hated Vigneault as a coach, he made a ton of stupid decisions, but he's still twice the coach Desjardins is. Mind boggling decision by LA here.

Reactions: daddyohsix

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Quick is done

Kopitar & Doughty is not enough to pull an entire team

have you seen our bottom 6 lately?

are you aware that LA is extremely slow?

do you know that Tanner Pearson is in our top 6?

Budaj is our backup... Budaj! lol

i really hope this staff isn't satisfied with an 8th seed and a 1st rd exit

Well if Tanner Pearson is in your top 6, Willie D loves his bottom six players playing on the top 2 lines.

So don’t be surprised Pearson will be stuck there for awhile.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Kings paid the price for Lombardi’s 2015 moves to get Sekeras at the 2015 TDL for McKeown and what turned out to be their 2016 1st rounder. He follows that up with the draft day deal to get Lucic for Jones, Miller and their 2015 1st.

2015 pick could be a good young player for them depending on who they drafted. 2016 pick may or may not be in the NHL right now. Jones they could have flipped for a pick and ensured at least he didn’t end up with division rival sJ. Miller likely would have been lost to the ED over McCabe, unless they moved him to get something and still lose MCCabe.

When you deal out picks and prospects you pay for it around 3-5 years later. Which is what is happening in LA.

It was always a bit puzzling to me that they made the Lucic move and paid that price for only 1 year. Talking about a 28 year old Kopitar and a turning 26 year old Doughty. No reason to burn so much future when Kopitar would have around 5 really good years left before you see a noticeable decline. Doughty would have 7 years at that point.

Jones was a piece they could afford to move but to ultimately see him land with SJ hurts.

I could get the 2015 moves if Kopitar was 32 and doughty turning 30 as you’re nearing the end of the run. So you give them one final kick at the can but they had a few good years left.

You want to trade for Nylander? What would we get?

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Well if Tanner Pearson is in your top 6, Willie D loves his bottom six players playing on the top 2 lines.

So don’t be surprised Pearson will be stuck there for awhile.

he's been in our top 6 for quite some time no, so no? i'd be surprised if he isn't in our top 6 anymore actually

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Just wait until you're down by 1 in the final period, and your 4th line gets more ice time than Kopitar and Doughty.

That's Willie D.

sounds good to me

fed up of over abusing our only two players that are at the beginning of an eternal contract

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Be ready for guys like Iaffalo, Brodzinski & Amadio to be stapled to Kopitar's wing.

Willie's first year here he had good players to work with. The Sedins were still 70 point players, they signed Vrbata who scored 30 and helped the PP, Edler had a rebound year, Miller / Lack were good in goal. Willie did good that year until the playoffs rolled around. Playing the Sedins so little and handing that series over to CGY must haunt him.

When the team declined and he didn't have as much to work with it became dreadful, the Chaput's/Megna's on the top line are still frightening memories. It was coaching not to lose.

Anyways, I do hope Willie does good in LA. Happy to see him get another shot.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Be ready for guys like Iaffalo, Brodzinski & Amadio to be stapled to Kopitar's wing.

Willie's first year here he had good players to work with. The Sedins were still 70 point players, they signed Vrbata who scored 30 and helped the PP, Edler had a rebound year, Miller / Lack were good in goal. Willie did good that year until the playoffs rolled around. Playing the Sedins so little and handing that series over to CGY must haunt him.

When the team declined and he didn't have as much to work with it became dreadful, the Chaput's/Megna's on the top line are still frightening memories. It was coaching not to lose.

Anyways, I do hope Willie does good in LA. Happy to see him get another shot.

Thank you for the feedback.

Iafallo has played with Kopitar and Brown almost exclusively since last year.

Amadio has been stuck on the 3rd/4th line with little talent to accompany him. So if he gets some skilled wingers more frequently, I'd welcome it.

Reactions: King Trouty

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
wasn't Stevens this next great up and coming coach in the NHL that the Kings protected when teams were asking for him?

Was he the guy Linden was looking at before we signed Willie D?

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Thank you for the feedback.

Iafallo has played with Kopitar and Brown almost exclusively since last year.

Amadio has been stuck on the 3rd/4th line with little talent to accompany him. So if he gets some skilled wingers more frequently, I'd welcome it.

Villardi coming up anytime soon?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad