Kings fire John Stevens, assistant Don Nachbaur; Desjardins hired as interim

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Sturm will be running the offense and system , Willie D is just here to make sure the players are in line and smack them upside the head

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm impressed. I didn't think that Blake would have the courage to fire Stevens only a year and a half after hiring him. I would've bet on him sticking with him until it was too late to turn the season around or even until the season was over. I'm not impressed by the hiring of Desjardins, but he's only the interim coach and the organization could sure use a top 5 pick, so, if he's bad, no one is going to really care (except for Blake). I like the Sturm hiring, though, considering the praise that he's gotten for his international coaching.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Noooooo Marco. My favorite Shark as a kid Marco Sturm. Why are you joining the dark side noooooooo! This saddens me as a Sharks fan.

This. He was the one I was saddest to see leave in the trade that brought us Thornton. Really happy for Marco that he's getting the opportunity as a Head Coach in the NHL, just sad it is with the Evil Ones Down South. :(

Reactions: Bartcal and CrypTic

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
This year is likely a wash for LA so I don't mind Willie as an interim tank commander, more excited to see what Sturm can do

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Willie is the worst.

I've never disliked a coach more. I hope you're ready for a record number of bench minors Kings fans.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Does LA really need Hughes though??

They need quality young prospects. Toffoli and Pearson have not taken over as the "next wave" of leadership. Kempe is not a consistent scoring threat.

They have good veterans but need quality cost-controlled youth as the core gets older.

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
They need quality young prospects. Toffoli and Pearson have not taken over as the "next wave" of leadership. Kempe is not a consistent scoring threat.

They have good veterans but need quality cost-controlled youth as the core gets older.

I was only teasing good friend, divisional rivals and such. Glad you guys are looking to the future though!

Reactions: King'sPawn

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I was only teasing good friend, divisional rivals and such. Glad you guys are looking to the future though!

Sorry friend, I didn't realize you were teasing! Sometimes people still insist the Kings trade Vilardi + 1st for a middling vet, not realizing the prospect situation in the Kings. So I usually try to be polite to educate on our situation. No hard feelings and good luck this season :)

Reactions: Chaflie

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Thank you for the feedback.

Iafallo has played with Kopitar and Brown almost exclusively since last year.

Amadio has been stuck on the 3rd/4th line with little talent to accompany him. So if he gets some skilled wingers more frequently, I'd welcome it.

I'm not too familiar with the Kings roster obviously. The point was depth players like Chaput/Megna were with the Twins for alot of a few years. So whoever you have comparable to those guys. Although I'd think it wouldn't be as bad the Kings roster is better than the Canucks roster during his time here.

I'm sure it won't be as bad as some are making it out to be, but hopefully for LA fans he encourages offense and isn't coaching to just hang on in games.

Reactions: King'sPawn

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Breaking news: kings fire terrible coach, hire even more terrible coach.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
What happened? Where Dallas Eakins and Adam Oates not available?

I would have bet my own hard earned money that this man would never coach in the NHL again. This is Carlyle to Anaheim all over again. Pray hope that LA doesn't go on a winning streak or Willie will go full herpes and you'll never get rid of him.

ferroid

Mar 22, 2010
img_1337.jpg

Willie D meme commander

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Willie Desjardins? Oh my, I think the Kings may have actually just downgraded with this one....

The best thing about Willie is watching him mumble to himself on the bench after a call that he doesn't like. It's very comical, especially with that mustache.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
From what I've seen today, Sturm is the early favourite to eventually be named HC after the season - Desjardins got the interim tag because of his experience.

This would change if Willie pulled a Sutter and did some damage.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
if you want to be confused, frustrated and angry at the end of a game, Willie D is the right coach for you.

he benched Goldobin after he scored on a breakaway.... in his Canuck debut.

his coaching decisions are so baffling that Jim Hughson and craig simpson were questioning it on air lmao.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Honestly surprised willie D is back in the league. He is god awful.

He rolls lines 1,2,3,4 with such ease I used to pvr games so I could fast forward the 4th line shift...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad