Kings fire John Stevens, assistant Don Nachbaur; Desjardins hired as interim

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
“@helenenothelen: The Kings have relieved coach John Stevens and assistant coach Don Nachbaur of their duties. More changes to come from Kings in an announcement in about 30 minutes.”
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And the in-season firings drought ends. Zero coaches were fired in-season last year.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Buh bye
giphy.gif

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
So what are those "more changes" that are coming? management people fired or trades?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Not really the roster still sucks, and would rather the Kings start a proper rebuild. Get high draft picks instead of being a black hole team.

You don't rebuild when your #1 c and d are in their prime and two of the top 10 players in the league.

The Kings roster is better than what we have seen so far and has underachieved a bit.

It doesn't help though that they haven't added a single high end young talent to the roster in over 5 years.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Kings fans are probably ecstatic

Yes and no. There are a LOT of changes which need to be done in the organization. The roster has been very stale with so many players still here from the 2014 cup win. Stevens has been with the org for 8 years in some kind of coaching capacity, so that was overdue. The scouting and development staff need to get some changes as well.

Stevens is a good assistant coach but a terrible head coach. But he wasn't the only reason for org being a dumpster fire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad