Post-Game Talk: Kings 5 @ Canucks 0 | 28/12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
This is ridiculous. Burrows was one of the best two way players in the NHL during that time. He is a heart and soul player who lays it all on the line for this team, and has since his first game for this franchise. I can suffer a couple years of a poor contract for that. There are much bigger problems with this team than an overpaid Burrows.

Yep pretty sad how quickly the fam base has turned on Burrows. And Horvat for that matter.

Burrows last year was an elite defensive winger contributing at a high rate offensively for his minutes at even strength. If he was overpaid it wasn't by much. This year he was one of our best players the first dozen games or so, then he hits a rough patch and the fans turn on him. Pathetic.

It's not because of Burrows and Horvat that this team stinks.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
We could always use Max Domi as an example. Also 20 and drafted AFTER Horvat, he is the Coyotes leading scorer.

I'm gonna be straight up honest and say I'd rather have Horvat than Domi.

Horvat has a 95.5 PDO and Domi has a 102.8 PDO

Not to mention Domi's horrible, horrible possession numbers.

Horvat just hasn't been lucky.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Bo is also being expected to be a shutdown center, play against tough competition, and expecting to produce on top of things. He obviously isn't on the level MacKinnon is, but Bo has a lot more to worry about. WD has done a terrible job sheltering him, but he has had no choice with Sutter out.

Not entirely accurate. Bo hasn't had tougher matchups compared to the rest of the team. In fact he's around middle of the pack in that regard.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Some of you guys are overthinking about Horvat, no young player is gonna constantly look good on this team, aka Horvat,McCann and Hutton unless he is a generational talent.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

Horvat has a 95.2 PDO and Domi has a 102.8 PDO

I agree.

Domi is a good player no doubt but Domi would not be putting up the numbers on the Canucks that he is in Arizona.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Bo is also being expected to be a shutdown center, play against tough competition, and expecting to produce on top of things. He obviously isn't on the level MacKinnon is, but Bo has a lot more to worry about. WD has done a terrible job sheltering him, but he has had no choice with Sutter out.
Basically he is deployed like Kesler.
Now why the hell would you do that to a sophomore player?

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Yep pretty sad how quickly the fam base has turned on Burrows. And Horvat for that matter.

Burrows last year was an elite defensive winger contributing at a high rate offensively for his minutes at even strength. If he was overpaid it wasn't by much. This year he was one of our best players the first dozen games or so, then he hits a rough patch and the fans turn on him. Pathetic.

Burrows is also a puke who crosses the line with slurs, bites people, has somehow managed to get all the refs to hate him, and has had some pretty dirty late hits he has been suspended for.... everyone here would hate his guts if he played for any other team.

I for one am tired of his act, and hate it even more at 4.5 for 1 point in 16 games. So need to watch some new players.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

If you had been around, you'd have noticed that I was getting on Higgins and Burrows since all the way back to the lockout year I think - for their suckiness.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I don't think we're trying to tank but we might just end up there due to injury and poor personnel.

McCann is one player I'm not worried about the 'tank' ruining. Sending him the SS Marie to just dangle around isn't going to help him develop. If Horvat is able to go to Utica he should and then shelter McCann similarly to Horvat last year.
I remember seeing McCann at one point in the game and he had this defeated look. It's hard to not worry to be honest, confidence can kill a young player.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Burrows is also a puke who crosses the line with slurs, bites people, has somehow managed to get all the refs to hate him, and has had some pretty dirty late hits he has been suspended for.... everyone here would hate his guts if he played for any other team.

I for one am tired of his act, and hate it even more at 4.5 for 1 point in 16 games. So need to watch some new players.

That's sort of how a Burrows type of player works. :laugh: And Marchand and blah blah blah.....

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

Horvat has a 95.5 PDO and Domi has a 102.8 PDO

Horvat just hasn't been lucky.

Dismiss the leading scorer on his team as a 20 year old rookie for advanced stats who dominated a WJC like Horvat never could.

Exactly why I posted tonight some are way to engrossed in advanced stats. What good are possession numbers if you score 2 goals in half a year as a #2 center?

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Dismiss the leading scorer on his team as a 20 year old rookie for advanced stats who dominated a WJC like Horvat never could.

Exactly why I posted tonight some are way to engrossed in advanced stats. What good are possession numbers if you score 2 goals in half a year as a #2 center?

Hard to argue with that.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Arizona is ahead of us in the standings. :help:

And that's a ringing endorsement how? Have you seen the Pacific?

The Kings are the only good team.

We're bad, Arizona is slightly less bad with poor underlying numbers. They also have a phenomenal coach.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Converting the UFAs into picks is a great idea in theory. I have seen scant evidence that Benning is the guy to put it into practice. Guys like that shelter or showcase talent. Benning doesn't have any of that going on.

Really, the trade bait Vancouver has is kids or picks, since the Sedins are sacrosanct. The other vets hold little or no value. Teams do not add baggage at the deadline! Will Miller or Vrbata or Higgins garner a decent return after the half they've had?

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
That's sort of how a Burrows type of player works. :laugh: And Marchand and blah blah blah.....

Yes and it only works when it is effective and the player is productive. Now it just becomes an overpaid, tired act.

Seriously Burrows and Higgins need to spend some nights in the press box when this team is healthy and I don't care what their salary is or that they were here in 2011.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
And you'd have been dead wrong. So what? :shrug:

Not really. Burr sucked in the Torts year, Higgins really sucked last year and has been 100% useless this year (and so has Burrows outside of the first what 10 games).

They sucked then and they suck now - it's just i'm not seemingly the only one saying anything about it, now.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Nm47aIl.png

sdE13gj.png

1s3fQWu.png

E2Quny2.png

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market

First of all, Horvat and Domi are completely different players.

Horvat has had terrible luck, proven by his PDO. Then look at Domi's numbers, are his points sustainable? The answer is no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad