Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Bergeron is a god

but i'd trade him for gaudreau instantly because of age

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Dorsett is too stupid to actually time his hits so he just hits the boards.
Prust is too freaking slow so by the time he gets there the player and the puck is long gone.

But Prust is a real food skater who is real good at bringing his lunch pail and real good at being real good.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
There is a difference when Gaudreau is asked to only concentrate on his offense and Horat is asked to learn how to provide shutdown offense and generate offense at the same time.

Gaudreau is a special player but if Horvat can survive this and be like Kesler/Bergeron 2.0, it's going to be hard to say no to that. Those kind of centers is never available and skilled wingers, even though not as skilled as Gaudreau, are usually slightly easier to come by.

Oh I think Johnny Hockey is a pretty special player and we are just starting to see just how good he is. Not sure how easy it is to come by a small player with his impact.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Why are Prust and Dorsset on this team? Our two most physical players were a one-legged Henrik and a rookie defenseman. I don't care if they go out there and hug someone for 20 seconds, they need to hit anything that moves. The fact that guys like Kopitar, Doughty or Gaborik got out of this game without even a bruise is embarassing

lol well said. No hitting only hugging!

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Why are Prust and Dorsset on this team? Our two most physical players were a one-legged Henrik and a rookie defenseman. I don't care if they go out there and hug someone for 20 seconds, they need to hit anything that moves. The fact that guys like Kopitar, Doughty or Gaborik got out of this game without even a bruise is embarassing

Dorsett got angry in the third though.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Oh I think Johnny Hockey is a pretty special player and we are just starting to see just how good he is. Not sure how easy it is to come by a small player with his impact.

True but at the same time how many players like Bergeron exist in this league?
Toews, Bergeron, Kesler at his peak and Kopitar, that's pretty much it. There are a hell lot more offensive wingers than there are selke level offensive centers.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
True but at the same time how many players like Bergeron exist in this league?
Toews, Bergeron, Kesler at his peak and Kopitar, that's pretty much it. There are a hell lot more offensive wingers than there are selke level offensive centers.

You are not wrong, centers of that type are as valuable as it gets.

Let's hope Horvat becomes one.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
You are not wrong, centers of that type are as valuable as it gets.

Let's hope Horvat becomes one.

Yeah we will need to see what happens with him.
He is alternating good games with bad games, that's a good sign in some sense. He is learning and improving but there is still a lot of inconsistencies.
You just hope by season end, he will start to string together more good games.
Plus it's not like he is not getting chances every game, I would be more worried if he goes through a couple games and generated no chances at all. At some point he will score and he will feel a little more confident than now.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Absolutely and so would NHL GMs. His talent is far beyond Horvat's. Bo might be a good top end 3rd line center, maybe 2nd. Domi has elite offensive skill and is first line quality. He was the best player in the WJC last year.

I don't know if the person that asked this question is being serious or not. "Would you trade Horvat for Domi"???? Are you crazy? 30/30 NHL GMs would take Domi over Horvat. Including Jim Benning and he's a terrible GM.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
How unlucky and lucky is that?

Just guessing I'd say a 10-15 point difference.

His on ice shooting percentage is 145th out of 170 forwards that have played over 400+ minutes even strength this season (190th out of 243 if you include all situations 400+ minutes)

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...0&teamid=0&type=goals&sort=ShPct&sortdir=DESC

Domi however is 11th out of those forwards. (10th all situations)

That goes to show you how bad Horvat's luck is compared to Domi's.

Let's be honest, Domi isn't going to have a better on-ice shooting percentage than Ovechkin

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...200&teamid=0&type=goals&sort=PDO&sortdir=DESC

I don't know where he got 105 from

I put it at 200 minutes because it was a fair scale to the rest of the league

But domi ranks in the top 70 at that 103, Horvat ranks in the bottom 25 for forwards at even strength

If his 105 stat is correct or something, then he'd be top 10 among forwards

War-on-ice

On war on ice he is also ranked 16th PDO out of forwards that have played 200 or more minutes even strength.

thedean

Jan 20, 2015
I can't believe there's this much concern about Horvat, he's the least of this team's worries. The team sucks accept it, my one and only concern is if we'll be selling at the deadline.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'm gonna be straight up honest and say I'd rather have Horvat than Domi.

Horvat has a 95.5 PDO and Domi has a 102.8 PDO

Not to mention Domi's horrible, horrible possession numbers.

Horvat just hasn't been lucky.

I'm a fan of possession/advanced stats but is out them about even, if not have Somi higher. Domi is definitely getting a luck of puck luck and Bo has been unlucky but I'd still take Domi if I had a gun to my head.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
The Good:
- Marky's play for most of the night
- Biega stepping to the dude that elbowed Henrik in the head
- The fight level in the team until they scored their 3rd
- Horvat looked sharp for most of the night

The Bad:
- Matt Bartkowski's inability to clear the puck [and tendency to skate it through the zone, lose it and BAM - goal]
- Marky's glove at times
- Being shutout AGAIN
- Vrbata and Horvat being jinxed and not able to buy a goal even when their play warrants it

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
No, he's really not. He's not even an asset on the PP anymore, he's more of a liability.

He's straight up bad. I almost think Cam Barker might have been better than him at this point.

20 or so games doesn't change the fact that he was easily one of our better PP defenseman last year.
Continue hating on Weber though.

Kesler had his offensive numbers inflated playing on the then potent power play with the Sedins.

Nope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad