Post-Game Talk: Kings 5 @ Canucks 0 | 28/12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
So you would trade Horvat one-for-one for Domi??

Absolutely and so would NHL GMs. His talent is far beyond Horvat's. Bo might be a good top end 3rd line center, maybe 2nd. Domi has elite offensive skill and is first line quality. He was the best player in the WJC last year.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I seriously hate this line of thinking. Life must have been so hard for Alex when he was ''only'' making 2 million a year, with a chance of a lifetime playing RW with two of the best hockey players of this generation - inflating his numbers wildly.

I knew when ****ing Gillis signed Burr to this current contract we had ****ed ourselves.

Yer hilarious.

Seriously seriously hilarious.

I just bought a Burrows shirt today!

:handclap:

#mischannelledanger

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
First of all, Horvat and Domi are completely different players.

Horvat has had terrible luck, proven by his PDO. Then look at Domi's numbers, are his points sustainable? The answer is no.

Not to mention there is like 6 NHL centers on the coyotes team, more than enough guys to cover for him and take the pressure off.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Absolutely and so would NHL GMs. His talent is far beyond Horvat's. Bo might be a good top end 3rd line center, maybe 2nd. Domi has elite offensive skill and is first line quality. He was the best player in the WJC last year.

You're nuts :laugh:

That's like trading Bergeron for Gaudreau

Bergeron > Gaudreau

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003

Well, then we disagree...strongly. Horvat has Selke upside. Domi will become one of many who starred in junior and moved on to a decent NHL career. Putting the puck in the net is only half the game.

Edit: I'd also like to see your reference to the NHL GMs who would make the move.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Horvat and Domi shouldn't even be compared just because of their draft.

See how Domi does in his second year and see how Horvat recovers next season.

Kids take time to develop and it isn't linear.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Well, then we disagree...strongly. Horvat has Selke upside. Domi will become one of many who starred in junior and moved on to a decent NHL career. Putting the puck in the net is only half the game.

Edit: I'd also like to see your reference to the NHL GMs who would make the move.

Might not be the year to trumpet Horvat for the Selke when he leads the NHL in minus, has been a terrible penalty killer and is struggling with face-offs.

Players like Domi with high end skill who post 50-60 points as 20 year old rookies don't grow on trees.

We could debate all night...but my real point was and is.....Bo is really playing poorly and all many can do is make excuses for poor Bo and blame it on management, misuse, too much responsibility etc etc. Yet other top end young players have thrived in big roles.

Personally, I am at the point I need to see more from Bo to see how good he really is. 13 goals as a rookie and Vancouver fans annointed him a star. Might top out as a good 2 way center, chipping in 15 goals a year.

Bottom line. Needs to play better.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Funny how Horvat is struggling with faceoffs yet people suggest Sutter is great at faceoffs. Horvat's faceoff win percentage is higher than Sutter's ever done.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Oh right sorry, high end offensive skill is only top value when we are talking about William Nylander.

Horvat
46.29 CF%
95.16 PDO

-12.96 ZSO%Rel

23.92 SCF60
32.87 SCA60

8.82 HSCF60
12.96 HSCA60

Domi
43.64 CF%
105.13 PDO

14.41 ZSO%rel

25.05 SCF60
30.01 SCA60

10.50 HSC60
10.50 HSCA60

In case you do not understand this, let me tell you what this shows. That Domi is only preforming slightly better all while Horvat starts in his own zone almost 30% more. The difference between these 2 players starts and ends at their PDO. Horvat is unlucky, Domi is lucky.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Both great players.

Gaudreau is dominating the NHL right now.

Must be that sophomore slump.

There is a difference when Gaudreau is asked to only concentrate on his offense and Horat is asked to learn how to provide shutdown offense and generate offense at the same time.

Gaudreau is a special player but if Horvat can survive this and be like Kesler/Bergeron 2.0, it's going to be hard to say no to that. Those kind of centers is never available and skilled wingers, even though not as skilled as Gaudreau, are usually slightly easier to come by.

Jefe88

Jun 20, 2012
Port Coquitlam
Why are Prust and Dorsset on this team? Our two most physical players were a one-legged Henrik and a rookie defenseman. I don't care if they go out there and hug someone for 20 seconds, they need to hit anything that moves. The fact that guys like Kopitar, Doughty or Gaborik got out of this game without even a bruise is embarassing

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Why are Prust and Dorsset on this team? Our two most physical players were a one-legged Henrik and a rookie defenseman. I don't care if they go out there and hug someone for 20 seconds, they need to hit anything that moves. The fact that guys like Kopitar, Doughty or Gaborik got out of this game without even a bruise is embarassing
Dorsett is too stupid to actually time his hits so he just hits the boards.
Prust is too freaking slow so by the time he gets there the player and the puck is long gone.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Horvat
46.29 CF%
95.16 PDO

-12.96 ZSO%Rel

23.92 SCF60
32.87 SCA60

8.82 HSCF60
12.96 HSCA60

Domi
43.64 CF%
105.13 PDO

14.41 ZSO%rel

25.05 SCF60
30.01 SCA60

10.50 HSC60
10.50 HSCA60

In case you do not understand this, let me tell you what this shows. That Domi is only preforming slightly better all while Horvat starts in his own zone almost 30% more. The difference between these 2 players starts and ends at their PDO. Horvat is unlucky, Domi is lucky.

Appreciate the work you did here. I did not want that to be overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig