Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season - The Luc and Rob ****show Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Bob has zero incentive to waive his NTC for the Kings though. He's only going to waive it to a contender or someone willing to meet his demands on a long term contract, neither of which describes the Kings.

I think this is where Kovy FaceTimes Bob and shows him the weather in his back yard in Beverly Hills. Besides, what contender can afford him or even needs him?

Tampa, TML, WPG, NSH are tops IMO and set in goal. Caps, Pens, Sharks, Vegas are all good. Maybe Calgary, but they’re stuck with Mike Smith, so what happens there?

The rumors are all focused on Florida, who isn’t even a playoff team this year and has sucked for multiple seasons. Plus they would send back Reimer, who was never good. And Bob could sign wherever he wants in a couple months. It’s really unlikely he improves his worth by staying in Columbus.

JQ seems like a perfect fit for the Jackets. The returns should be good.

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
Other pieces like Carter, Hagelin, Thompson, Lewis, etc, just won't be able to get pieces back that help the rebuild - except clear cap space.

During a retool or rebuild or whatever this may be, I don't see them moving Carter, even if it clears cap space. IMO, cap space is only relevant when you are close to winning a cup and trying to compete with the top teams which the Kings would be a few years away from.

Of course Thompson and Hagelin should be gone as UFA's. While Carters cap hit is high, his payroll is only 3m next year and 2m for the following two years.

While we may all be excited to see the kids, we are the minority. Names like Carter and Lewis, two veterans that won two cups each will still sell tickets and the revenue is always more important than the cap space.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
If a contender isn’t found then he just stays in Columbus and takes a shot at winning one last time there and then signs somewhere on July 1st

Florida apparently wants to sign him long term so that is why they may be in on it now. But it makes no sense for him to waive for Fla unless they give him the extension he’s looking for.

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
Is Luongo on the way though? He has a NTC and a 4.5 cap hit through 21-22. That would be a lot of money tied up goalies.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Is Luongo on the way though? He has a NTC and a 4.5 cap hit through 21-22. That would be a lot of money tied up goalies.

He's probably gonna "retire" at seasons end (just can't stay healthy) and be put on LTIR, he could be one of those contracts that gets passed around for a few years.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
He's probably gonna "retire" at seasons end (just can't stay healthy) and be put on LTIR, he could be one of those contracts that gets passed around for a few years.

If Bobby Lu retires before the end of his deal, which has 3 years left, the Canucks get screwed with his cap hit. Looking at the numbers, the Canucks should hope he retires sooner than later.

Year Luongo Retires / Cap Recapture Penalty Per Year For Vancouver - For Florida / Penalty term
2018 / $2,130,093 - $1,453,240 / 4 years
2019 / $2,840,124 - $1,287,209 / 3 years
2020 / $4,260,186 - $73,147 / 2 years
2021 / $8,520,373 - $0 / 1 year

2021 is just a nuclear bomb hanging over the Canucks, right when they expect their cup window to be open.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
If Bobby Lu retires before the end of his deal, which has 3 years left, the Canucks get screwed with his cap hit. Looking at the numbers, the Canucks should hope he retires sooner than later.

Year Luongo Retires / Cap Recapture Penalty Per Year For Vancouver - For Florida / Penalty term
2018 / $2,130,093 - $1,453,240 / 4 years
2019 / $2,840,124 - $1,287,209 / 3 years
2020 / $4,260,186 - $73,147 / 2 years
2021 / $8,520,373 - $0 / 1 year

2021 is just a nuclear bomb hanging over the Canucks, right when they expect their cup window to be open.

That's why retire is in quotes, and I said put him on LTIR. He won't officially retire, but do what Pronger, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Horton, Clarkson, Franzen, Hossa, Bolland etc have done.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I still think unless a team overpays a Quick trade makes the most sense in the off-season

I tend to agree. A few more teams will have unsettled goaltending due to contracts expiring, and as we know, in the off-season 20+ teams think they are one piece away.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I wonder what Colorado is thinking about right now. Their first should be in play, they have tons of cap space and need depth pretty much everywhere. I wonder if they could be a landing spot for a Toffoli or Martinez.

edit: Also maybe Ottawa's 3rd for Hagelin?

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I wonder what Colorado is thinking about right now. Their first should be in play, they have tons of cap space and need depth pretty much everywhere. I wonder if they could be a landing spot for a Toffoli or Martinez.

If you can get a 3rd for Hagelin, I'd be amazed.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

I imagine Colorado's 1st would be lottery protected should they trade it.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If it were Martinez for Burakovsky, a first and a LHD prospect Alex Alexeyev, you’d have to be all over that.

Muzzin didn't bring back one player that's played a game in the NHL yet. Martinez isn't going to bring back a 1st in probably the same range, a 24 year old F with 300 games to his name, and the Caps most recent 1st rd pick. If that was an offer, of course you do it. That's probably not going to be an offer though. Pick the one thing you'd want the most out of those 3 assets, and work your way backwards from there.

Reactions: YP44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad