Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time Part 3

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Um..... so is this the place to gush over the season finale of The Mandalorian?

IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!!!

YES. A little bit of Fan service but seeing the REAL Luke again and an announcement to the Book of Boba Fett... THANK YOU!!

Reactions: BudBundy

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
YES. A little bit of Fan service but seeing the REAL Luke again and an announcement to the Book of Boba Fett... THANK YOU!!
I was fairly entertained by the most recent trilogy. I’m not so hard core about SW that I hated them like some folks. But one thing that I really disliked was Luke’s treatment in The Last Jedi. We never really go to see all-grown-up-Master Luke let loose. When that X-wing flew by, I was giddy like a little kid. Like “omg it’s happening!” Then the green lightsaber. Then my son spotted the one black glove. We knew! It’s gotta be him! And we were treated to one of the coolest scraps in Star Wars history. Then the big reveal! Soooooooo satisfying. Tear jerker with Grogu. Father/son moment. So so good. I’m still stoked.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I was fairly entertained by the most recent trilogy. I’m not so hard core about SW that I hated them like some folks. But one thing that I really disliked was Luke’s treatment in The Last Jedi. We never really go to see all-grown-up-Master Luke let loose. When that X-wing flew by, I was giddy like a little kid. Like “omg it’s happening!” Then the green lightsaber. Then my son spotted the one black glove. We knew! It’s gotta be him! And we were treated to one of the coolest scraps in Star Wars history. Then the big reveal! Soooooooo satisfying. Tear jerker with Grogu. Father/son moment. So so good. I’m still stoked.

AGREED! We saw the lazy drunk uncle in TLJ and it was such an insult by Disney. I hate that they bought Star Wars and destroyed it with the sequel trilogy. The prequel trilogy is actually better. There I said it! I was thinking it was Ezra from Star Wars Rebels or Cal Kestis but when that glove showed up WOW. Too much fan service but it was worth it. That moment with Grogu wow I keep rewatching it. Amazing scene

Season 3 is going to be with Din and Bo Katan about the Dark Saber and retaking Mandalore (in my hypothesis) and Book of Boba Fett is a spin-off I believe

Reactions: tardigrade81

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
I watched The ACT. Story of Gypsy and her boyfriend killing her mom. Very intense.

her mom deserved to be locked up in jail for what she did to that poor girl, but death was too much. Very sad. If anyone has Crave waych it!! It’s based on the true story.
Gonna watch that today. Thanks

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Man that's a heavy show. Makes me grateful for my upbringing. That mom is just nuts. Really good acting. Thanks for the recommendation!!
I hear you on that man. One hundred percent. Makes me appreciate my mom even more!! Glad you liked it (as disturbing as it is lol)

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
I can't say enough positive things about this show. The old broad and I found it last week; we just finished it.

I definitely recommend the series. You can find it on Prime:

My only complaint is the show adds in English dialogue every couple sentences or so; then immediately back to Hindi. I would rather the show be 100% hindi, but it doesn't matter too greatly.

Last edited:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
The new Netflix comedy "Death to 2020" is brilliant. Haven't laughed this much in a while. I encourage you to watch it :)

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I can't say enough positive things about this show. The old broad and I found it last week; we just finished it.

I definitely recommend the series. You can find it on Prime:

My only complaint is the show adds in English dialogue every couple sentences or so; then immediately back to Hindi. I would rather the show be 100% hindi, but it doesn't matter too greatly.

Wow so is this a hindi show that is actually good? I'll definitely give this a watch lol

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I was wondering if anyone watching the World Junior Championship, they always play a commercial for Hockey Canada Merchandise and there is a hard rock style song playing in the background. The only lyrics are "show me" does anyone know what song/band this is? I'd really love to download the whole song.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The new Netflix comedy "Death to 2020" is brilliant. Haven't laughed this much in a while. I encourage you to watch it :)

I got thru 45 minutes of it and turned it off. Can’t believe it was supposed to be a comedy. Maybe chuckled twice. I did better than my wife and son, they left after half an hour. ;)

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I got thru 45 minutes of it and turned it off. Can’t believe it was supposed to be a comedy. Maybe chuckled twice. I did better than my wife and son, they left after half an hour. ;)

Fair enough. I thought the first part of it was really funny and made me laugh out loud a number of times, which very rarely happens when I watch TV/movies. The second part isn't as funny or great but overall still a rather entertaining comedy to me.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

look at IMDB, check out the "1" reviews and looks like lots of people have sussed out this is not actually a comedy, well not funny, its more tainment propaganda and from the usual sources. This show is for the crowd that thinks that Stephen Colbert is funny.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
look at IMDB, check out the "1" reviews and looks like lots of people have sussed out this is not actually a comedy, well not funny, its more tainment propaganda and from the usual sources. This show is for the crowd that thinks that Stephen Colbert is funny.

I thought I'd watch it as I read it came from the guys who made the Black Mirror series, which I thought was great. Let's just say this wasn't at that level. ;) But to each his own, we all have our own sense of what is funny.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I have been dieting pretty hard the last month, I am down 5 pounds and keeping my self below 1600 calories a day. Only problem is now that I am eating a ridiculous amount of vegetables, I am getting crazy gas pains. Sitting at a desk wearing a belt all day doesn’t help, but yes it is very annoying. Anyway hope you folks are having a great new year, that is all for me today

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
I have been dieting pretty hard the last month, I am down 5 pounds and keeping my self below 1600 calories a day. Only problem is now that I am eating a ridiculous amount of vegetables, I am getting crazy gas pains. Sitting at a desk wearing a belt all day doesn’t help, but yes it is very annoying. Anyway hope you folks are having a great new year, that is all for me today

Intermittent fasting sounds easier.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Might be too much fiber and roughage in your diet, especially so sudden. I think around 35-40 grams of fiber is recommended for adult men so if you've gone from that to double, your intestines will not be happy. Try eating some yogurt high in probiotics, if you don't have issues with dairy or haven't eliminated it from your diet. If you get a plain flavored one it'll be lower in calories so mix it with 1% cottage cheese and some stevia and/or berries to sweeten it up. The more beneficial bacteria in your stomach might alleviate the gas pain with the increased veggie intake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad