Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time Part 3

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I have been dieting pretty hard the last month, I am down 5 pounds and keeping my self below 1600 calories a day. Only problem is now that I am eating a ridiculous amount of vegetables, I am getting crazy gas pains. Sitting at a desk wearing a belt all day doesn’t help, but yes it is very annoying. Anyway hope you folks are having a great new year, that is all for me today

That's because salad is not food, it comes with the food. Those aren't gas pains, your body is starved. Maybe try adding veal. Like vegetable it starts with theletter V, and I'm sure at some point it got into a farmer's vegetable and rubbed up on some carrots or something. Because if it didnt, it would be allowed ro have grown up.

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Might be too much fiber and roughage in your diet, especially so sudden. I think around 35-40 grams of fiber is recommended for adult men so if you've gone from that to double, your intestines will not be happy. Try eating some yogurt high in probiotics, if you don't have issues with dairy or haven't eliminated it from your diet. If you get a plain flavored one it'll be lower in calories so mix it with 1% cottage cheese and some stevia and/or berries to sweeten it up. The more beneficial bacteria in your stomach might alleviate the gas pain with the increased veggie intake.
Good advice! Thanks for that and yes I agree. Veggies is easy to snack on, but maybe need to try more walnuts or something.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
That's because salad is not food, it comes with the food. Those aren't gas pains, your body is starved. Maybe try adding veal. Like vegetable it starts with theletter V, and I'm sure at some point it got into a farmer's vegetable and rubbed up on some carrots or something. Because if it didnt, it would be allowed ro have grown up.
Lol, valid point. I also am trying tuna and salmon. I’m just not a big sea food guy though. Never have been, never will be..... I do eat a big supper. Just trying to minimize through the day.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Good advice! Thanks for that and yes I agree. Veggies is easy to snack on, but maybe need to try more walnuts or something.

Despite the health benefits of nuts, don't forget they're quite calorie dense so it is easy to over indulge and blow your daily caloric intake up. A handful of almonds alone are around 150 calories or more.

Lol, valid point. I also am trying tuna and salmon. I’m just not a big sea food guy though. Never have been, never will be..... I do eat a big supper. Just trying to minimize through the day.

I hate seafood as well, except for basa and cod. All canned seafood makes me gag...just the smell. Ones I do like are the little flavored canned tunas Clover Leaf makes. The sriracha one and sundried tomato with basil one are my two favorites.

Another thing to be wary of is not to reduce your caloric intake to drastically because it can have the opposite effect and trick your body into thinking "OMG, we're starving!" and it goes into starvation mode instead of burning fat mode. It starts storing it for fuel/energy later.

Reactions: tardigrade81

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Despite the health benefits of nuts, don't forget they're quite calorie dense so it is easy to over indulge and blow your daily caloric intake up. A handful of almonds alone are around 150 calories or more.

I hate seafood as well, except for basa and cod. All canned seafood makes me gag...just the smell. Ones I do like are the little flavored canned tunas Clover Leaf makes. The sriracha one and sundried tomato with basil one are my two favorites.

Another thing to be wary of is not to reduce your caloric intake to drastically because it can have the opposite effect and trick your body into thinking "OMG, we're starving!" and it goes into starvation mode instead of burning fat mode. It starts storing it for fuel/energy later.

Though I'm not good at my weight management lately, I also found when I was best at maintaining or losing weight, having a cheat day was helpful specifically to keep your body from thinking this (i.e. continue kick starting the metabolism).

Reactions: McFuhryous

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

Oh you poor poor soul. I live on a seafood diet (not just seeing food n eating it lol). If the ocean is a critters natural habitat, I wanna try it.

And for the record I do consider veal to be a vegetable. I don't care what anyone else says

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Salad (greens) is what my food eats.:D

Reactions: yukoner88

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

Thanks for the information. Dieting is definitrly not cut and dry that’s for sure. And I’m glad you agree with me regarding sea food. My brother is always after me to eat more sea food. I can’t, same as you. I just gag

another thing is cutting out beer :( pains me to do it. Even 6 beer is nearly 1,000 calories in just liquid. Granted I only drink on weekends but still. I like whiskey but in a shot of whiskey is 70 calories.

moral of the story: everything delicious is high calories :(

Reactions: McFuhryous

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Oh you poor poor soul. I live on a seafood diet (not just seeing food n eating it lol). If the ocean is a critters natural habitat, I wanna try it.

And for the record I do consider veal to be a vegetable. I don't care what anyone else says
Interesting. What’s your fave sea food. Do you prefer salmon over tuna ?

I might try salmon....... I’m scared lol.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I have been dieting pretty hard the last month, I am down 5 pounds and keeping my self below 1600 calories a day. Only problem is now that I am eating a ridiculous amount of vegetables, I am getting crazy gas pains. Sitting at a desk wearing a belt all day doesn’t help, but yes it is very annoying. Anyway hope you folks are having a great new year, that is all for me today
You should be adding more protein to that if you don't want gas pains or not want to get more hungry throughout the day. 1 chicken breast to that salad would be good and tasty

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Salmon is my favorite meal. So simple to make. We buy the Atlantic fillets from Costco. Skinless, boneless and very tasty. Make it in the skillet, with lemon juice, seasoned salt, lemon pepper and dill. Add wild rice and broccoli and carrots, and you have my perfect meal.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Though I'm not good at my weight management lately, I also found when I was best at maintaining or losing weight, having a cheat day was helpful specifically to keep your body from thinking this (i.e. continue kick starting the metabolism).
Having a cheat day will boost your metabolism and trick the body, often people who are trying to lose weight and throw in a cheat meal every 7-10 days will notice in the days following the cheat meal will actually net their biggest losses.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Salmon is my favorite meal. So simple to make. We buy the Atlantic fillets from Costco. Skinless, boneless and very tasty. Make it in the skillet, with lemon juice, seasoned salt, lemon pepper and dill. Add wild rice and broccoli and carrots, and you have my perfect meal.
I do something similar to this, probably eat that like twice a week.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Absolutely, got to treat yourself to keep your sanity and to keep your body from thinking you're not stranded on an island after all lol. I just wound up having too many cheat days lol.

Reactions: bone

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

I wish I wrote down the recipe but I was pissing around with some salmon steaks a few years back and I marinated them in some Jack Daniels, I think a bit of maple syrup and I want to say ground pepper and some salt for a few hours.

Barbecued them and turned out pretty tasty. Now when I do make salmon twice a year, I can't replicate it because I'm missing something or somethings I put in the marinade originally.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I eat Salmon around once a week. So easy to prepare. We tend to be more health conscious than most so we usually just poach it with lemon pepper, lemon slices, some capers on top. Occasionally a homemade salsa on top of that when served, consisting of peppers, onion, tomato that is finely chopped and sitting refrigerated with some nice olive oil. we occasionally barbecue it, but thats requiring the full salmon fillets with skin on. Salmon is fantastic, and fantastic for you.

Ahi Tuna is a another great. By either frozen vs fresh for cost reduction. We poach them right out of the freezer, no problem.

Sole is harder to get now at reasonable prices but we used to make a nice sole dinner with peppers, peppercorns, Sometimes chicken jumbo soup, onions, garlic, broth, wine reduction, and some lemon pepper, capers, etc. serve over rice, to die for. People substitute snapper. or maybe basa. Stay away from filipia or cod if you don't like fish smell, or more locally stay away from Northern Pike. Slimey awful things.

Halibut, Salmon, Tuna, Sole, Basa, Trout, these are pretty light tasting fish that even "I hate fish" people generally learn to like. All of them really good for you. I've never seen a person in a campground refuse some nice cast iron pan fried trout, fresh caught. Its the best thing you've ever tasted.

Out of a can I make a Linguine el Tuna that is awesome. Tuna also can work (sounds strange) as a protein base in Mac N Cheese. We throw pepper in there and veggies to make it different, but full meal deal nutrition wise. Fish do really well with lemon, and with pepper. Capers as mentioned as well.

Last edited:

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Having a cheat day will boost your metabolism and trick the body, often people who are trying to lose weight and throw in a cheat meal every 7-10 days will notice in the days following the cheat meal will actually net their biggest losses.

But do not have a binge cheat day (from my personal experience)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad