Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time Part 3

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Will do! Love good entertainment! I’ll let
You know what I think of it

no sports last night..... it felt so wrong :(

I'm not a baseball fan of any sort so my experience lately is that there are no sports on. I'm not even looking for it anymore. We dont have Netflix so its been filling up our Kanopy and Hoopla movie choices that are available 10/mth free through our EPL membership.

I'm almost forgetting what sports is and what its like to watch. Last sports event I watched, of any kind, was the SC final. I tried watching one quarter of an NFL game but turned it off on sheer boredom, slow play, and there seeming to be more commercials, time outs, delays, than anything. I mean does it take 4hrs to watch an NFL game, I dunno, I've never done it.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I'm not a baseball fan of any sort so my experience lately is that there are no sports on. I'm not even looking for it anymore. We dont have Netflix so its been filling up our Kanopy and Hoopla movie choices that are available 10/mth free through our EPL membership.

I'm almost forgetting what sports is and what its like to watch. Last sports event I watched, of any kind, was the SC final. I tried watching one quarter of an NFL game but turned it off on sheer boredom, slow play, and there seeming to be more commercials, time outs, delays, than anything. I mean does it take 4hrs to watch an NFL game, I dunno, I've never done it.

Is there anything worth watching on Kanopy and Hoopla?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Is there anything worth watching on Kanopy and Hoopla?

I would say so, but I like a lot of Euro, international films, Kanopy tends to be more of that. Hoopla has a lot of domestic films, hollywood films. I would say generally both offer more thinking films, or dramatic productions, than escape type movies. But I can't stand comic book movies or superhero movies and a lot of what Hollywood has become. Recently on Hoopla we've rented "Alone across the Arctic" by Canadian explorer Adam, Shoalts, who I figure is a modern day hero. He's an excellent read or biographer.

We also watched the horror movies The Lodge, Vivarium, and also The Lighthouse. All good films.

Depends what you're into.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Soccer is going, get ESPN+, you can watch Serie A, Bundesliga, MLS, etc. online. You can get a bundle of ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu for about $12 a month IIRC or $6 a month strictly for ESPN+

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Soccer is going, get ESPN+, you can watch Serie A, Bundesliga, MLS, etc. online. You can get a bundle of ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu for about $12 a month IIRC or $6 a month strictly for ESPN+

i dont think this kind of package is available here. I don't even know somebody could get ESPN here from a Cable provider. Are you speaking online only? I don't like watching stuff on my computer screen and I'd have to cast everything onto TV. I'm low tech here...;)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
i dont think this kind of package is available here. I don't even know somebody could get ESPN here from a Cable provider. Are you speaking online only? I don't like watching stuff on my computer screen and I'd have to cast everything onto TV. I'm low tech here...;)

It is strictly online. I use the Google Chrome browser when casting to the TV. You just have to select "cast" and it links with your TV assuming that you have a newer TV that is tied into your wifi. Live Sports Streaming, Original Shows & Award-Winning Documentaries | ESPN+

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It is strictly online. I use the Google Chrome browser when casting to the TV. You just have to select "cast" and it links with your TV assuming that you have a newer TV that is tied into your wifi. Live Sports Streaming, Original Shows & Award-Winning Documentaries | ESPN+

Google Chome is what I'm using but my TV isn't new enough to have all the wired up functionality.

In anycase thanks, but thats a lot for just an online subscription, imo. lol I don't even shell out for Netflix. Not because I can't but I kind of resist adding more TV stuff that just has me sitting on my butt instead of doing stuff. To that end no sports is good because I'm getting more done and I just fire up a movie in evening before bed. Which works pretty well except if that movie is something like "Heriditary"...or "Autopsy of Jane Doe" jebus Then I'm sleeping with one eye and ears open...lol

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Google Chome is what I'm using but my TV isn't new enough to have all the wired up functionality.

In anycase thanks, but thats a lot for just an online subscription, imo. lol I don't even shell out for Netflix. Not because I can't but I kind of resist adding more TV stuff that just has me sitting on my butt instead of doing stuff. To that end no sports is good because I'm getting more done and I just fire up a movie in evening before bed. Which works pretty well except if that movie is something like "Heriditary"...or "Autopsy of Jane Doe" jebus Then I'm sleeping with one eye and ears open...lol

All good, just wanted to show you in the event that there are less household chores in the future :)

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

I’m on my free month of streaming DAZN, which has all NFL games and all Premier League and UEFA Champions League matches. $20/month after the free month. I don’t watch soccer, and just watch it for the NFL. Just put it on the Redzone channel on Sunday and let her ride. Quality has been excellent so far. Think I’ll subscribe till the NFL season is done.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I’m on my free month of streaming DAZN, which has all NFL games and all Premier League and UEFA Champions League matches. $20/month after the free month. I don’t watch soccer, and just watch it for the NFL. Just put it on the Redzone channel on Sunday and let her ride. Quality has been excellent so far. Think I’ll subscribe till the NFL season is done.

I tried it recently and the DAZN Apple TV app is awesome for watching multiple games at once. One of the best I've tried. Unfortunately, I just can't get invested in NFL or Soccer, so I let the trial lapse. If they could work a deal with NHL and NBA that would be a game changer as I saw value to how they deliver their content.

Reactions: bellagiobob

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I tried it recently and the DAZN Apple TV app is awesome for watching multiple games at once. One of the best I've tried. Unfortunately, I just can't get invested in NFL or Soccer, so I let the trial lapse. If they could work a deal with NHL and NBA that would be a game changer as I saw value to how they deliver their content.

Yup, if they could get hockey, it would be awesome. But with SN’s deal with the league in Canada that’s unlikely.

Reactions: bone

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Saw Borat 2 on Amazon, there were some funny moments in it. Worth watching if you need a laugh in these times and can stand "stupid" humor.
I was in jr.high when I watched the 1st one and just finished the second one, they’re both hilarious minus that crap with the rich people. Me and my sister say veddy niice to each other out in public all the time, been going on since 06. If anyone hasn’t seen it I would suggest you guys to watch who is america again by sacha baron cohen haha. Couple years old but hilarious.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
The Queen's Gambit is a great miniseries. Fantastic acting, and a perfect length. It's about chess but you don't need to like or know chess to enjoy it. It's on Netflix. Worth watching.

Reactions: Dorian2

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

Ya that’s fair. I mainly just watch hockey and NFL. I actually really liked the nfl before any sport. I loved the Colts in 2002 (when I first started loving sports) watching Manning and that offense was just fascinating to me

now they aren’t so good lmao, but I still cheer for them.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I was in jr.high when I watched the 1st one and just finished the second one, they’re both hilarious minus that crap with the rich people. Me and my sister say veddy niice to each other out in public all the time, been going on since 06. If anyone hasn’t seen it I would suggest you guys to watch who is america again by sacha baron cohen haha. Couple years old but hilarious.

When I was in college, I had a buddy who would say "This suit is NOT black!" to random strangers dressed in business atire.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I would say so, but I like a lot of Euro, international films, Kanopy tends to be more of that. Hoopla has a lot of domestic films, hollywood films. I would say generally both offer more thinking films, or dramatic productions, than escape type movies. But I can't stand comic book movies or superhero movies and a lot of what Hollywood has become. Recently on Hoopla we've rented "Alone across the Arctic" by Canadian explorer Adam, Shoalts, who I figure is a modern day hero. He's an excellent read or biographer.

We also watched the horror movies The Lodge, Vivarium, and also The Lighthouse. All good films.

Depends what you're into.

I haven't been to a theatre in about ten years and don't really care for most mainstream flicks.
I'll check Kanopy and Hoopla out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad