Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time Part 3

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
The last theatre flick I saw was "Interstellar," which I didn't enjoy for some reason.

I watched the remastered original "Bladerunner" film a month ago and was blown away

Reactions: McTonyBrar

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
The last theatre flick I saw was "Interstellar," which I didn't enjoy for some reason.

I watched the remastered original "Bladerunner" film a month ago and was blown away

So you haven't been to a Theatre in six years.

Interstellar was released in 2014.

Last Movie I saw was Once Upon a Time.... In Hollywood back in July 2019.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
It felt like ten years ago because it was with a psycho ex-gf

I'm sure the movie felt like an eternity. Not the right movie to go to with that kind of thing going on. That said Interstellar was kind of bizarre, and the whole movie it felt like it was going for some deep kind of thing that Kubrick was going for in Space Odyssey. I don't think the movie pulled it off at all.

Reactions: Blue Line Turnover

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
It can always be worse.

Have a friend who's wife got him to go with her to see Magic Mike.

:lol:

In retrospect, I wouldn't have minded seeing "Magic Mike" with her hippy friend. She was hot, athletic, ended up doing master's degrees in computing sciences and cognitive psychology; she used to micro-dose LSD a few times a year and just happened to be utterly brilliant.
I would never cheat or even really associate with other girls during a relationship, but as in retrospect and as I've gotten older, I've realized that some people have, due to their years of irrational behaviour that was cultivated/encouraged, allowed themselves to be judged as being empirically selfish pieces of shit who don't care about anything (even family) except for the preservation of the sources of their greed.
Younger dudes of HF: look for girls who are challenging themselves in all facets of life and push themselves to be logical in all matters of discussion.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I'm sure the movie felt like an eternity. Not the right movie to go to with that kind of thing going on. That said Interstellar was kind of bizarre, and the whole movie it felt like it was going for some deep kind of thing that Kubrick was going for in Space Odyssey. I don't think the movie pulled it off at all.

I can't really articulate why I find certain films to be great, but certain movies seem to stay with me for a few days or put me in a weird headspace, like "Brazil" or "Being John Malkovich"

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
In retrospect, I wouldn't have minded seeing "Magic Mike" with her hippy friend. She was hot, athletic, ended up doing master's degrees in computing sciences and cognitive psychology; she used to micro-dose LSD a few times a year and just happened to be utterly brilliant.
I would never cheat or even really associate with other girls during a relationship, but as in retrospect and as I've gotten older, I've realized that some people have, due to their years of irrational behaviour that was cultivated/encouraged, allowed themselves to be judged as being empirically selfish pieces of shit who don't care about anything (even family) except for the preservation of the sources of their greed.
Younger dudes of HF: look for girls who are challenging themselves in all facets of life and push themselves to be logical in all matters of discussion.

Bad Drug with a negative history

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Bad Drug with a negative history

I've never done it, but I remember a toxicology professor at the UofA stating that death was extremely rare and that a true LD50 dose didn't exist in human beings. Also, not a single death in human history has been able to be attributed directly due to LSD

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
I've never done it, but I remember a toxicology professor at the UofA stating that death was extremely rare and that a true LD50 dose didn't exist in human beings. Also, not a single death in human history has been able to be attributed directly due to LSD

It's been said from the past that certain criminals were taking LSD before they committed their crimes.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting

Pharmacologically one could say that. However how about the many cases of people dying during an LSD trip having a fatal accident or killing other people?

I would discourage the use of it. LSD also so related to onsets of Schizophrenia in people that are genetically susceptible.

Lastly LSD is a drug that has been used in mind programming so many times. used to overwhelm peoples own decision making process making them cult members or rendered automatons.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Pharmacologically one could say that. However how about the many cases of people dying during an LSD trip having a fatal accident or killing other people?

I would discourage the use of it. LSD also so related to onsets of Schizophrenia in people that are genetically susceptible.

Lastly LSD is a drug that has been used in mind programming so many times. used to overwhelm peoples own decision making process making them cult members or rendered automatons.

I would never advocate for the use of most drugs, including alcohol, which pharmacologists have been warning us for years to be a neurotoxin. It's documented damage to brain tissue alone is staggering, which is alarming especially from the anecdotal perspective of seeing the death toll across generations in my family (4 alcohol overdoses, 2 from liver and tissue related conditions)

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Just finished the new Netflix mini-series the Queen’s Gambit.

As someone who grew up playing chess I loved it. Great story, great acting. Probably the best Netflix series since the first season of House of Cards. I give it a strong recommendation as we move towards the binge-watching season of a cold Canadian winter.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
For those who love political satire (as I do) check out some of the new "Spitting Image" episodes. You can access them on BritBox although some of them are now available on YouTube. The show was not in production for many years but they have now resurfaced with a vengeance.

If you would like to see Prince Andrew get whacked over the head on a weekly basis then this show is for you. Greta Thunberg also makes regular appearances in the new episodes.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting

As someone who grew up playing chess I loved it. Great story, great acting. Probably the best Netflix series since the first season of House of Cards. I give it a strong recommendation as we move towards the binge-watching season of a cold Canadian winter.

Never seen it because I don't have Netflix and don't feel like subscribing to countless TV extra sources. Believe it or not never saw House of Cards either. Do these things ever end up on other sources somewhere. Video release etc? I usually just wait for that.

Did you watch Pawn Sacrifice. That was decently done. Nice to see Chess get a bit of attention in movies, series, and as befits the great game it is. Lord knows we've had decades of being told poker is the worlds greatest strategy game and with endless programming on that on "sports" networks.

heh

I mean in present day you have to look up who the Chess champion is, who the grandmasters are. You'd never know it from any MSM or broadcasting.

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Never seen it because I don't have Netflix and don't feel like subscribing to countless TV extra sources. Believe it or not never saw House of Cards either. Do these things ever end up on other sources somewhere. Video release etc? I usually just wait for that.

Did you watch Pawn Sacrifice. That was decently done. Nice to see Chess get a bit of attention in movies, series, and as befits the great game it is. Lord knows we've had decades of being told poker is the worlds greatest strategy game and with endless programming on that on "sports" networks.

heh

I mean in present day you have to look up who the Chess champion is, who the grandmasters are. You'd never know it from any MSM or broadcasting.

well the miracle of the internet is that anything exists for free if you look for it.

As a **website** I propose to find things for free is fmovies.

That being said accessing sites like that can be shocking for first time users. Typically they’re infested with crazy ads and some are malicious.

So even if you pay for a month of Netflix I think it might be worth it to just view this series since it’s 7 parts.

And yes I’ve seen Pawn sacrifice. It was excellent.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

Yeah I said this a few days before you did, so I guess I'll second it again. Fantastic series.

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->