Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time Part 3

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
IMG_3114.jpg

So it's not exactly perfected yet, and lord knows when my electronics will show up for it, but this is what's been keeping me busy since Covid started. I hit a few pitching wedge shots into it today, although without a swing monitor I couldn't tell how good they were.

Reactions: TB12

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
View attachment 373838

So it's not exactly perfected yet, and lord knows when my electronics will show up for it, but this is what's been keeping me busy since Covid started. I hit a few pitching wedge shots into it today, although without a swing monitor I couldn't tell how good they were.
Are you using Trackman for your sim? I’m interested to hear more about your setup.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Are you using Trackman for your sim? I’m interested to hear more about your setup.

Hells no on the Trackman, I wish I had the money for that or a GC2. I will be using a SkyTrak, if it ever makes it out of Covid related back order shipping hell. If you want to shoot me a pm, feel free, unless you want to spam up this thread.:sarcasm:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This one got by my radar and just watched it on TV. What a spectacle. Restores some faith in hollywood movie making.

Frankly I've never seen a German front War movie from Hollywood that was so well done. Plenty good movies from Vietnam theater but so many featuring Germany have been garbage. This one properly takes the time to capture the utter atrocity of war. Takes the viewer first person to the battles, both with the enemy and inside. What a tour de force. The preview does not imo do the movie justice. The movie goes a lot deeper into psyche. The preview is the typical jingoistic fodder that so easily gets dismissed as its the level that so many war movies never get beyond. This one takes it to the human front. So good I watched it twice, already.

Acting as good as it gets.

Reactions: Haggard

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This one got by my radar and just watched it on TV. What a spectacle. Restores some faith in hollywood movie making.

Frankly I've never seen a German front War movie from Hollywood that was so well done. Plenty good movies from Vietnam theater but so many featuring Germany have been garbage. This one properly takes the time to capture the utter atrocity of war. Takes the viewer first person to the battles, both with the enemy and inside. What a tour de force. The preview does not imo do the movie justice. The movie goes a lot deeper into psyche. The preview is the typical jingoistic fodder that so easily gets dismissed as its the level that so many war movies never get beyond. This one takes it to the human front. So good I watched it twice, already.

Acting as good as it gets.

Had to laugh at the scene in this one where they showed the German soldier they captured as an ugly looking goofball. So much easier to hate and kill when they're ugly! And don't forget to put in the latino guy with a goatee that looks like it came from a gang member in Sons of Anarchy. No stereotyping there at all by Hollywood! Typical Hollywood tripe. If you want to see a real war movie that depicts it correctly, watch " All Quiet on the Western Front" with Richard Thomas and Ernest Borgnine.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Had to laugh at the scene in this one where they showed the German soldier they captured as an ugly looking goofball. So much easier to hate and kill when they're ugly! And don't forget to put in the latino guy with a goatee that looks like it came from a gang member in Sons of Anarchy. No stereotyping there at all by Hollywood! Typical Hollywood tripe. If you want to see a real war movie that depicts it correctly, watch " All Quiet on the Western Front" with Richard Thomas and Ernest Borgnine.

I love that one. Its one of the best ever. Book is very good as well.

But with Fury, the movie is much better than the preview indicates. The preview, I dislike, and thus one reason why I never watched Fury until recently

Last edited:

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City

Got me thinking of this scene in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

A lot of people were upset because of it.

Reactions: Dorian2

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Thanks for the heads up @Drivesaitl . Just added it to my watch list on Netflix.

Just to be warned there are a lot of scenes that could be pretty disturbing. I would say a definite pass for kids or anybody that might be adversely impacted by the themes. On a personal level as I think you know my parents were from Germany and Luxembourg and experienced all the atrocity first hand. War is hell. RIP.

When you watch the movie you'll know the parts that were very emotional to me. I think more than anything thats the part of the movie that was so riveting. I think I'm not giving any spoilers away but I've seldom been so moved by a German theater war film. They really got it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad