KHL Season 20/21

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Are there any teams that still play on the Olympic sized surface?

(30 x 60 m): «Salavat Julaev», «Kun'lun' Red Star», «Traktor», «Torpedo», «Dinamo» (Riga), «Lokomotiv», «Jokerit».
(28 x 60 m): «Avangard», «Avtomobilist», «Ak Bars», «Metallurg», «Neftehimik», «Sibir'», «Vitjaz'», «Severstal'», CSKA, «Spartak», «Dinamo» (Minsk).
(26 x 60 m): «Amur», «Admiral», «Barys», SKA, «Dinamo» (Moskva), HK «Sochi».

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
(30 x 60 m): «Salavat Julaev», «Kun'lun' Red Star», «Traktor», «Torpedo», «Dinamo» (Riga), «Lokomotiv», «Jokerit».
(28 x 60 m): «Avangard», «Avtomobilist», «Ak Bars», «Metallurg», «Neftehimik», «Sibir'», «Vitjaz'», «Severstal'», CSKA, «Spartak», «Dinamo» (Minsk).

This list looks pretty outdated to me, as Lokomotiv, Salavat and Traktor already switched to the "Finnish"size, I think Jokerit too.

Also apparently Torpedo is using 29 x 60 m rink size, so not exactly Olympic too.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
This list looks pretty outdated to me, as Lokomotiv, Salavat and Traktor already switched to the "Finnish"size, I think Jokerit too.

Also apparently Torpedo is using 29 x 60 m rink size, so not exactly Olympic too.
This is what was reported for last season, yes. It's sad more teams are buying into the hype.

29x60 though is pretty much a slightly odd olympic size in my eyes. I mean we are not going into details like curves of the corners which are also different.

I for my part am in fierce and decisive opposition to this stupid tendency. The rinks should be 30x60m, everywhere.

Reactions: Go Donbass

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Though it's not like before all rinks were 30x60 either, what is seen as the standard might be shifting but undersized rinks have always been common.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Jokerit are using a 28 meter wide rink.

https://www.hs.fi/urheilu/art-2000006480954.html

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
In response the league has decided that all teams should move to a smaller rink size by the start of the 2021-22 season allowing playing both 60x28 and 60x26 surfaces. Before the start of next season, five teams (Jokerit, Lokomotiv, Salavat Yulaev, Traktor, Torpedo) will reduce the width of their rinks from 30m to 28m. Dinamo Riga and Kunlun Red Star will follow suit before the start of the 2021-22 season. Next season, 22 out of the 24 clubs in the KHL will play on a allowable size of ice pad.

The road to the salary cap

I don't know if Kunlun is already playing on a smaller ice surface since they located to Mytishchi for this season due to the pandemic.

If they did, Dinamo Riga should be the only team playing on the international-sized rink.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
The road to the salary cap

I don't know if Kunlun is already playing on a smaller ice surface since they located to Mytishchi for this season due to the pandemic.

If they did, Dinamo Riga should be the only team playing on the international-sized rink.
Yes, Arena in Mytischi has smaller ice, but I do not know if NHL or Finnish. The latter makes more sense.

mkev400

Jul 21, 2016
What's the deal with SKA using four different goalies this season?

Pretty sure half the team tested positive for a certain virus and were forced to dig deep into their depth to keep playing with a team of mostly young players. If 2 goalies are ruled out, I suppose its not that surprising that they would use a third and 4th Goaltender early on in the season, if you factor in rotation.

Reactions: Witte49

mattand1mixtape

Apr 2, 2013
Any reason why salavat are such statistical underdogs (+220) against neftekhimik (-278)? Looking at the standings Salavat should be favored to win.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Some brief note from the Czech league. All 7 games planned on Sunday are postponed. If I get it, 9 of 14 teams in quarantine, over 45% (if not over 50%) of planned matches postponed so far. Not good.

We can be happy the KHL is playing without delays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad