KHL Expansion Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
You can also belive what you want, but for some reason, in this case i would put my money on the word of the president of that country. By the way, did you notice that when I claimed something, I provided a link to a news article to back it up? :)
You can believe whatever you want. Let us wait if the words of the person you chose will happen. In this case, I would reply NO.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
@vorky, you were not like that before. I'm baffled with how you can twist the story to fit your narrative. Lukashenko himself said it, backing with quite solid reasoning. He is not wrong. The team has been spending a lot of money with nothing to show for. Belarussian hockey is decent enough. They can go back to their own league, use that millions of dollars in smarter ways for the betterment of their own, national product. As things stand, Dynamo Minsk is just a waste of money, which has no business in fighting in a strong competition like KHL. It makes no sense to keep this going when you can't even make playoffs. I don't ever want Minsk to leave KHL, I like them a lot but Lukashenko is totally right. And we all know that clubs like that will never stay afloat unless they are funded by the likes of Potato Guy. Belarus is simply not rich enough to support a punching bag in KHL with people's money. If the government says enough is enough, then they will be turn into something probably a little bit better than Neman Grodno and that's it. At this point, Dynamo Minsk leaving KHL sounds definitely more plausible than the league expanding to Scandinavia or Central Europe but yeah, as you said, you can believe whatever you want...

I really hope Dynamo won't leave. It would be disastrous for KHL's plans. If you can't keep a team from Minsk in that league, you are not going anywhere.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
@vorky, you were not like that before. I'm baffled with how you can twist the story to fit your narrative. Lukashenko himself said it, backing with quite solid reasoning. He is not wrong. The team has been spending a lot of money with nothing to show for. Belarussian hockey is decent enough. They can go back to their own league, use that millions of dollars in smarter ways for the betterment of their own, national product. As things stand, Dynamo Minsk is just a waste of money, which has no business in fighting in a strong competition like KHL. It makes no sense to keep this going when you can't even make playoffs. I don't ever want Minsk to leave KHL, I like them a lot but Lukashenko is totally right. And we all know that clubs like that will never stay afloat unless they are funded by the likes of Potato Guy. Belarus is simply not rich enough to support a punching bag in KHL with people's money. If the government says enough is enough, then they will be turn into something probably a little bit better than Neman Grodno and that's it. At this point, Dynamo Minsk leaving KHL sounds definitely more plausible than the league expanding to Scandinavia or Central Europe but yeah, as you said, you can believe whatever you want...

I really hope Dynamo won't leave. It would be disastrous for KHL's plans. If you can't keep a team from Minsk in that league, you are not going anywhere.
That is just OK what you say. It is your opinion.

I work with facts, not with fantasies or fairy-tales. So, it is obvious for everyone that Lukashenko´s words are nothing more than empty words as said by another user.

The fate of Dinamo Minsk is decided by other people and Lukashenko can talk whatever he wants.

You can still analyse his words and try to find his end-goal meaning. It is fine.

It is just interesting for me, that all discussion has switched from a very important statement by Putin to meaningless words of Lukashenko. But you know, it is a tactic by some people.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Words of Belarus' President is fantasy but words of Russia's President is facts when you don't even share a link? You are trying really hard. We can't know whether Dynamo will leave KHL or a French club will come in but we can at least speculate with what we have and I firmly believe Lukashenko's words is a good starting point. At least they are real and not fairytales.

Again, you choose to unsee what you don't like. Take a look in last 30 years of Belarus and tell me how Lukashenko is not important when it comes to financing a big hockey club that needs huge sums of money to stay afloat. Other than the government itself or the oligarchs who are in the same bed as them, how could this be possible? If Lukashenko decides enough is enough and cuts the support for Dynamo... Who do you believe can save it from the demise? Hockey fans all around Belarus, by donating over 10 million Euros every year?

Belarus is Lukashenko. At this point we can only hope that he is not serious. If he is then nobody stops Dynamo from going down, except for a Russian intervention, which I believe is quite unlikely, given how delicate the political situation is. Putin won't fight Lukashenko over a KHL team now.

Reactions: Jussi

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I believe that everyone is able to find a link.

Another poster used the term empty words. I just agree with him.

The most important is to follow the process, not the words. Yes, Lukashenko said what he said, but it is just words. When you analyse the process, you can see that there is no reason to make such a conclusion (Dinamo leaving the KHL).

I have never said the words of the Russian President are facts. They are just a signal that negotiations are taken to a higher level. And I said why it has been doing.

I admit that Dinamo Minsk might leave some day. But, it will happen only if the KHL wants, not because Lukahsneko said it. There are more powerful men than Lukashenko in the world.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
My dear friend @Toro2017!

Do you claim Dinamo Minsk will not play the KHL in the upcoming three to five (or whatever you want) years?

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
Do you claim Dinamo Minsk will not play the KHL in the upcoming three to five (or whatever you want) years?

I claim that the president of Belarussia have doubts about KHL and Dinamo Minsk future in it and I had a link to a news article to back it up. Thats what I claim.

And for cultural reasons again, I would say that the word of the head of state would have more power in "sport life" in Belarussia than in Sweden.

Reactions: KTl and Jussi

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I claim that the president of Belarussia have doubts about KHL and Dinamo Minsk future in it and I had a link to a news article to back it up. Thats what I claim.

And for cultural reasons again, I would say that the word of the head of state would have more power in "sport life" in Belarussia than in Sweden.

That is great! Now, reply to the question to end this pointless discussion. There is more important expansion news than Lukashenko´s empty words.

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
That is great! Now, reply to the question to end this pointless discussion.

Well, again. Cultural differences. I am from Finland and from finnish point of view I already answered your question. And because we clearly are from different culture, we dont understand each other very well and end up in these pointless debates. For example this one.

When I posted a link, where I tell what the president of Belarussia said, you could easily post something like this on tass.ru. In that article it seems that the hockey federation of Belarussia tells us that they dont have any plans to withdraw from KHL. Ofcourse I would still considered the word of the president higher, but atleast there would be somekind of official source telling us a different story. So we would not have to just belive some random user here on HFB.

There is more important expansion news than Lukashenko´s empty words.

Well I can agree that this debate maybe should have been taken in "KHL Contraction" thread, but I would considered as important to KHL future than some dreams about swedish team.

Reactions: KTl and Jussi

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Well, again. Cultural differences. I am from Finland and from finnish point of view I already answered your question. And because we clearly are from different culture, we dont understand each other very well and end up in these pointless debates. For example this one.

When I posted a link, where I tell what the president of Belarussia said, you could easily post something like this on tass.ru. In that article it seems that the hockey federation of Belarussia tells us that they dont have any plans to withdraw from KHL. Ofcourse I would still considered the word of the president higher, but atleast there would be somekind of official source telling us a different story. So we would not have to just belive some random user here on HFB.
You are able to find the source by yourself, so I see no reason to duplicate it.

And, you are very wrong if you think my posts are not backed by sources and detailed analysis of the statements for the last five to ten years.

Well I can agree that this debate maybe should have been taken in "KHL Contraction" thread, but I would considered as important to KHL future than some dreams about swedish team.
You have a right for such an opinion. I just disagree.

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
You are able to find the source by yourself, so I see no reason to duplicate it.

But then you should not expect any other treatment, than any other random user gets here, if they dont back their words up with sources. If you write nonsense here, why would you expect anyone to want to spend their time to find articles to back your nonsenses up? It is your job, if you want to be taken seriously.

And, you are very wrong if you think my posts are not backed by sources and detailed analysis of the statements for the last five to ten years.

Yes and still I only have your word for it. I dont know you personally, so why would you expect me to belive anything that comes from your keyboard? I could also tell you that I am Jesus Christ. Would you belive me, if I would not provide any proof for it?

You have a right for such an opinion. I just disagree.

You also have a right for your opinion, but it is just an opinion, until proven otherwise.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

I expect that every poster makes deep research on the topic before posting here. As simple as that.

I see no reason why anybody to talk a topic if he/she has no clue about it. Very simple.

Of course, if we do not take a trolling into account.

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
I expect that every poster makes deep research on the topic before posting here.

But it is all for nothing, it no sources are included. Then it is just a word of a random user here. How come this is so hard for you to understand?

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
I mean I do not want to see Minsk leave the KHL, they are such a relevant team and obviously hockey is popular in Belarus so it would be a shame for the fans to lose their top team. However if they invested all that $15m as claimed, into Belarus hockey then that is certainly a good thing to come out of it.

Minsk could also drop to the VHL? No disgrace in that I don't think, the league is growing each year with new teams and strong teams.

This area of the world, Belarus, Ukraine, Latvia really needs a decent regional league in place. OR open the Belarus league again.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
In way way way more realistic and relevant news, Belarussian president Alexander Lukashenko while talking to the press yesterday said: "maybe they (Dynamo Minsk) will disgrace themselves for another season but afterwards we don't need KHL and we don't need such team".

That was maybe after the 2 wins by U 18 on U18 WCH (vs Czech and Finland). But after they were demolished by Canada, maybe they will reconsider this. :sarcasm:

lindelof

Jul 7, 2018
How is the new VHL team from UZB/TDJ/KGZ coming along? Is it confirmed that will play in VHL next season?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
How is the new VHL team from UZB/TDJ/KGZ coming along? Is it confirmed that will play in VHL next season?
Nothing is confirmed. It will be as early as May or June.

Btw, nothing new, just a confirmation of the trend. Kurri saying that the KHL consider dividing the league into 3 divisions if expands to Europe. There will be less travelling, so less money spending on it.

Reactions: lindelof

remben

Jan 4, 2015
Bremen, Germany
I will give my support to @vorky regarding Minsk leaving the KHL, this is just my opinion but I think it was only to put pressure on the team to improve their results in the KHL. Moreover, there were rumors back in February, that they will play games against Yunost Minsk because they would be replacing them in the KHL, it finished they just played against a selection of players from Extraliga, in order to scout some local guys. I unfortunately don't remember where I saw it, but I discussed the topic on twitter .

Reactions: vorky

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Minsk could also drop to the VHL? No disgrace in that I don't think, the league is growing each year with new teams and strong teams.
Drive tens of thousands of kilometers when they have similar strength league at home? Nah. Yunost have played in the VHL for a year (2 years?) and ditched the idea as well as their MHL teams. I think they have learned their lesson how pointless driving around Russia for no real reason is.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I agree with the conclusion, but regarding the level of play Yunost has had little real challenge in the domestic league despite it consisting only of eight teams. Eastern European hockey is still struggling to find a functional form.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
There are reports about Eastern European League or so, Belarus/Latvia/Poland/Ukraine and someone else. The report was at the media some month or two ago. Who knows if they do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad