Player Discussion Kevin Shattenkirk

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

With that goal he now has more then double the goals then he had last season in 55 games compared to 23 games now this season.

Edit: He also got another point later in the game so now he has 1 more point this season then last season.

Last edited:

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
Say what you want about his D play which honestly has also been a lot better lately but offensively he’s getting it done. I was one of his biggest haters from last year and start of this year but gotta give him credit, he really is playing a lot better lately even if he’s still good for some bonehead moves

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If we had a legit 3rd pairing shutdown D I think he’d be great. As is, he’s so much better than last year, and a significant boost to the team record this year.

His offense this season is making up for his defense lapses, last year we just got his lapses. I think him with Benoit has been really good. Compliments his game better.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Yeah, but what's his WAR? :sarcasm:

Deployed correctly (3rd-pairing minutes, PP time, NOT DEFENDING A LEAD), Shattenkirk is a big boost to the offence and is more than worth his defensive lapses. So long as we stick to that, Shat's tolerable.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Say what you want about his D play which honestly has also been a lot better lately but offensively he’s getting it done. I was one of his biggest haters from last year and start of this year but gotta give him credit, he really is playing a lot better lately even if he’s still good for some bonehead moves

He looks so much better with Benoit
Ever since Captain Kirk(William Shatner) went into Space this year with Jeff Bezos he has been a much better hockey player lol.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This guy literally sucks and is starting to piss me off more times a game than Bieksa did.

Reactions: Paul4587

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Definitely don't envy Shattenkirk in the bear suit. Reminded me of my friends who were the mascots at Magic Mountain during the summer. They could only go out in twenty minute shifts since the costumes got so hot.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
1648099463478.png

He played his 800th NHL game today. 92 goals 335 assists 427 points

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
3 points since January 27th and two of them came on Monday. His only saving grace early in the year was that he was racking up points, even if they were cheap secondary apples. His game is indefensibly bad now

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He is really bad and lazy. As a defensemen it's painful to watch at times... He makes life so much harder for his D partner. It's a good skill to be a good partner or even uplift your partner but he does the opposite... Whoever is with him plays worse.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I don't care what stat or what advanced stats you want to show. He's lost us more games single handily than any player on the entire roster and frankly don't think it's close.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I don't care what stat or what advanced stats you want to show. He's lost us more games single handily than any player on the entire roster and frankly don't think it's close.
He does as much for our draft quality as Madden!

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
He is really bad and lazy. As a defensemen it's painful to watch at times... He makes life so much harder for his D partner. It's a good skill to be a good partner or even uplift your partner but he does the opposite... Whoever is with him plays worse.
That sucks to hear. I like Shatty. He really looked oh so good over in Tampa, I was surprised he didn’t stay. It was a good fit for him and they offered him a 3 year deal too.

I get your point though. We had him in St Louis. He had some great runs here and was super in running our PP. But he does get too comfortable out there sometimes. I wouldn’t say he’s lazy as I think it’s more being over confidence on his part. He’s not short on confidence but at the same time he doesn’t realize he isn’t that good where he can just step on the ice. A motivated Shattenkirk is good. Anything less and you get mixed results. Sounds like the HC needs to give him a wake up call. They did that in NY and it worked.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If he came a lot cheaper I would want him back in Tampa, we would be able to utilize him effectively by giving him a reliable partner and better zone setups

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad