Player Discussion Kevin Shattenkirk

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if Verbeek tries to send him packing on a cap dump trade with another team that could use a No. 6 dman that can run a 2nd unit power play. Similar to what he tried to do with Moore.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if Verbeek tries to send him packing on a cap dump trade with another team that could use a No. 6 dman that can run a 2nd unit power play. Similar to what he tried to do with Moore.

I hope he does, but I doubt it. The team needs stopgaps and he's probably the worst possible kind, he's still a stopgap.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
As much as I want Shattenkirk gone, he seems to be one of the most popular guys on the team. I’m fine keeping him until next deadline.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I could stomach him on the 3rd pair this year. Now it's just going to be nauseating.

Tactical Quack

Mar 15, 2022
Honestly we need to keep him and resign him for another year or two. If we’re trying to get the best possible draft pick this year and next here more than helps accomplish said mission

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Hate to say it but this was an awful signing and it sucks that the one time we actually spent money it was on a complete waste like this, Shattenkirk has continued to decline and doesn't even have a goal this season after scoring 8 last year

Reactions: Leonardo87

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Hate to say it but this was an awful signing and it sucks that the one time we actually spent money it was on a complete waste like this, Shattenkirk has continued to decline and doesn't even have a goal this season after scoring 8 last year
I agree. Team plays much better when he's not in the lineup.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really am curious if the D will be better without Klingberg and Shattenkirk, and bringing up some kids from the Gulls .

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gulls are the worst already, imagine them when we call some of their guys up. :laugh:

I think Del Zotto is at least serviceable and he is nearly a PPG since joining the Gulls. I think they even have a winning record since he joined.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think Del Zotto is at least serviceable and he is nearly a PPG since joining the Gulls. I think they even have a winning record since he joined.
Best would be to keep MDZ at SD and call up young guys, but wi;l see how it goes, MDZ deserves a shot at the NHL as well to show off himself to more teams for the next contract.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Best would be to keep MDZ at SD and call up young guys, but wi;l see how it goes, MDZ deserves a shot at the NHL as well to show off himself to more teams for the next contract.

I think Shatty and Klingberg will both be gone, and likely Kulikov, so if they may need to bring up a couple. We would have Fowler, Vaak, Benoit, White, and Beaulieu…….oh boy. Lol

So would need at least two D to replace. So maybe will be Del Zotto and one of the kids. The Del Zotto acquisition just makes too much sense with Verbeek’s likely plan at the TDL.

Reactions: Kalv

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I think Shatty and Klingberg will both be gone, and likely Kulikov, so if they may need to bring up a couple. We would have Fowler, Vaak, Benoit, White, and Beaulieu…….oh boy. Lol

So would need at least two D to replace. So maybe will be Del Zotto and one of the kids. The Del Zotto acquisition just makes too much sense with Verbeek’s likely plan at the TDL.

We may also have one or two of Lacombe/Thrun sign after April 8th. This would only give them a few games, but something to consider to burn a year of their deal.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
We may also have one or two of Lacombe/Thrun sign after April 8th. This would only give them a few games, but something to consider to burn a year of their deal.
This is my hope. Trade Klinger, Kulikov and Shatt and use the openings as bait to show Thrun and LaCombe that there are spots available and let them burn a year of their ELC as a type of signing bonus.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This is my hope. Trade Klinger, Kulikov and Shatt and use the openings as bait to show Thrun and LaCombe that there are spots available and let them burn a year of their ELC as a type of signing bonus.
Helleson was about as effective as the other two in college... and sucks ass as a pro, I wouldn't "give" them anything they aren't ready for. Yes you want to sign them and do what you can but you also don't want to put them in a position they aren't ready for/over other prospects ahead of them.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Helleson was about as effective as the other two in college... and sucks ass as a pro, I wouldn't "give" them anything they aren't ready for. Yes you want to sign them and do what you can but you also don't want to put them in a position they aren't ready for/over other prospects ahead of them.
I would. I want to get them signed so we don't miss out on their potential. And who cares if they're not ready for the NHL right now. It's not like they'd ruin our cup run this year! They might even help us into a better draft position. I just want them signed so if they do pan out, it's for us. This year is already wasted. It's about setting us up for next year now. Planning, not reacting.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Weird take. That's like complaining about not getting a regulation win for awhile, but still getting wins.

1675137777785-png.644167

Believing Shatty should be #1D is as a bad a take as expecting this team to be a playoff team to start the season.

Shatty's got 11 points while babysitting Beaulieu, White, and Vaaks as well as taking on a more defensive role along with being a regular on the PK. Shatty was signed to be 3rd pairing D when we had Fowler, Lindholm, and Manson. PV is now the GM and blew up the team for a reset rebuild. Looking at the WAR chart above, Shatty is performing better than expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad