Player Discussion Kevin Shattenkirk

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
With the Ducks signing Kevin Shattenkirk this is a good place to talk about him as a player and even make predictions.

What do you think of him? What kind of production do you think he will have this coming season?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
To me this means Fowler is gonna see his PP time shared Shattenkirk. So its not a constant shooting pucks into shinpad scenario in every PP.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Think he’s given the reigns to one of the PP units. We basically had a 1A/1B setup last season which may or may not change. Fowler/Lindholm/Curran will get the other spot. Shattenkirk is more a second PP unit at this point but he is better than anyone else we have at getting his shot through.

I see him getting 10 goals, 35 points playing on the second pairing if healthy.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Think he’s given the reigns to one of the PP units. We basically had a 1A/1B setup last season which may or may not change. Fowler/Lindholm/Curran will get the other spot. Shattenkirk is more a second PP unit at this point but he is better than anyone else we have at getting his shot through.

I see him getting 10 goals, 35 points playing on the second pairing if healthy.

I guess Djoos somewhat puts an unexpected wrinkle on the PP situation. We could run 4 F with Shattenkirk on the 1st unit, then Djoos/Fowler on the 2nd, or vice-versa in some fashion. I still think Fowler can be useful on the PP in like a Nieds type rover role, perhaps Shattenkirk will allow the staff to at least attempt something like this.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
He is very creative and deceptive with the puck and especially so on the PP, I believe quite a bit more that Fowler. But yeah, I don't see any goal scorers on D and I don't know if Drysdale will be that guy either.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
As long as he is a solid top 4 he will be golden from the leadership standpoint alone. it will help the young players a lot.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
He is very creative and deceptive with the puck and especially so on the PP, I believe quite a bit more that Fowler. But yeah, I don't see any goal scorers on D and I don't know if Drysdale will be that guy either.
The description of Drysdale to me is very much the description of Fowler at his draft, too. Which is fine, I like Fowler and he's a backbone type player, but it doesn't sound like a recipe for PP success.

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
The description of Drysdale to me is very much the description of Fowler at his draft, too. Which is fine, I like Fowler and he's a backbone type player, but it doesn't sound like a recipe for PP success.

Yeah I felt that way too reading the scouting reports so I decided to compare their draft year highlights. Sure, highlights don't really mean much, but in those clips Drysdale showed a lot more vision, especially in the offensive zone so I'm hopeful he has higher potential than Cam.

I definitely agree that if we get another Fowler in Drysdale that's more than okay in my books!

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
It would take a perfect storm for them to make the playoffs with this roster - like Steel and Terry becoming 50-60 point players suddenly and Rakell getting back to his ‘16-‘18 form. Probably more as well tbh.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I don't think we're making the playoffs this year and will likely have a top 10 pick but I'm glad the attitude of the organization is still to make the playoffs

Reactions: ShadowDuck

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
gotta think more moves are coming then. because as it is, this team isn't getting anywhere near a playoff spot

christ, Murray we were in a rebuild mode for like 2 years and not even a full tear down and rebuild. Murray is not the GM to lead this team right now, mindset is not on the same page as the actual roster.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
christ, Murray we were in a rebuild mode for like 2 years and not even a full tear down and rebuild. Murray is not the GM to lead this team right now, mindset is not on the same page as the actual roster.

Is what he's saying wrong when you break it down? He can't tell Shattenkirk that he's gonna be playing on a bottom feeder. I think he thinks or has tremendous expectations for the young forwards, rightfully so or not.

Reactions: Kalv

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Is what he's saying wrong when you break it down? He can't tell Shattenkirk that he's gonna be playing on a bottom feeder. I think he thinks or has tremendous expectations for the young forwards, rightfully so or not.

And more importantly, f*** bringing up a bunch of prospects and young guys with anything but the mindset to make the playoffs each year. Losing should never be accepted. You can still view it as a rebuilding year while posturing and trying to push everyone to win every single night. Giving your all and losing is very different from accepting that you're losing.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Shattenkirk - that name has a Kirk in it as in Captain Kirk and a Shat as in William Shatner the actor who played Captain Kirk in original Star Trek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->