Kevin Hayes

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yup, as was to be expected. But it doesnt help when he is playing with the 4th line either haha.

But he really hasn't been good on the 4th line even.

Or else playing significantly less minutes is slowing him down. Hayes' is used to being on the ice for significantly more than 7-9 minutes a game--many players need to have more time on the ice to be up to speed.

Maybe. But he has to prove that he has earned more minutes. He can't just be gifted them. They need points.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Does anyone else see him being slower and less sharp? 45 games into his first NHL season after college. He is hitting the rookie NCAA wall.

Yes. Hayes hasn't looked good the past 2 games. Hayes talked about how he was concerned about hitting the wall and trying his best to pace himself. He has to find a way to work it out.

419forever

Mar 14, 2008
NJ
Wasn't too surprising that Hagelin's game looked a little better when Hayes rode the pine in the 3rd period. I have high hopes for the kid, but clearly he doesn't have the legs under him to be a 3rd line center...yet

That said I think ultimately this guy is built to play the wing

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Maybe. But he has to prove that he has earned more minutes. He can't just be gifted them. They need points.

True, but put any offensive player used to playing a lot of minutes on the 4th line and they will struggle. Plenty of player (in all sports), lose something when they sit too long. Hayes has always played a lot of minutes, now he's getting less and less every night. Not sure it works out well for him, although at this point I would like to see Lindberg get called up and try

Hagelin Moore Hayes
Stempinek Lindberg Fast

as the bottom six. Might as well see what Lindberg looks like (and I fully expect a trade for someone to play 3rd line center) as well as see if Hayes gets some of his mojo back on the wing.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yes. Hayes hasn't looked good the past 2 games. Hayes talked about how he was concerned about hitting the wall and trying his best to pace himself. He has to find a way to work it out.

He's also playing with Tanner the last two games who is having maybe the worst season in NHL history.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
A very nice assist by Hayes - I was surprised that he manage to keep up with Kreider's quick pace earlier.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Hayes played REALLY well tonight. Obviously I think Kreider being on his line was a huge reason. Kreider was an animal. Thats why i dont like it when he takes penalties...it keeps him off the ice.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I like the idea of Hayes and Kreider playing together on the "third" line. Two big bodies, Hayes is a great passer, Kreider is a scorer. Plus, I think Kreider is much better when he's not playing with a star player (i.e. Nash or MSL). He's so much more assertive when he's on his own line and doesn't worry about deferring to other players.

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
Early in the season I said Hayes, Kreider and Miller would be key to playoff success. So far this season there has been very few games where all 3 have played well.

Hayes and Kreider seem to be getting it together at the moment. Miller? Not so much.

If these 3 can all hit their peak together come playoff time, we will be trouble. Maybe even have enough to take down the icelanders? :sarcasm:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
That play with Kreider last night was incredible. You could see Hayes with the play in mind and then CK realizes whats possible and bam.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
That play with Kreider last night was incredible. You could see Hayes with the play in mind and then CK realizes whats possible and bam.

Agreed. You saw Kreider surveying the play, he saw Hayes had the puck, he put his stick down and went right to Ward's weak side. Nice play by both of them.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
I like the idea of Hayes and Kreider playing together on the "third" line. Two big bodies, Hayes is a great passer, Kreider is a scorer. Plus, I think Kreider is much better when he's not playing with a star player (i.e. Nash or MSL). He's so much more assertive when he's on his own line and doesn't worry about deferring to other players.

There is a lot of truth in that post . Kreider looked great last night and played in beast mode . He could give us that in most of our games with his size and speed . He always passed off too much to MSL or whomever was slotted with him....it was almost like watching somebody that had a brain transplant the way he played last night . I would love to see that every game from him.....raise the compete level !!!

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
There is a lot of truth in that post . Kreider looked great last night and played in beast mode . He could give us that in most of our games with his size and speed . He always passed off too much to MSL or whomever was slotted with him....it was almost like watching somebody that had a brain transplant the way he played last night . I would love to see that every game from him.....raise the compete level !!!
his compete level has been fine the past month. Marty st louis is a bigger issue he has been a ghost a while. Anyway in regards to hayes im glad av put him with better forwards. The kid is very talented especially his passing and patience

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Jeez. The guy sounds like a caveman in the MSG first period intermission interview tonite.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Early in the season I said Hayes, Kreider and Miller would be key to playoff success. So far this season there has been very few games where all 3 have played well.

Hayes and Kreider seem to be getting it together at the moment. Miller? Not so much.

If these 3 can all hit their peak together come playoff time, we will be trouble. Maybe even have enough to take down the icelanders? :sarcasm:

IMO Miller is getting Torts/Kreider treatment.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
You have to wonder if Hayes will wind up on the wing. We're going to have to find someone to win faceoffs, and Hayes is the logical candidate to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad