Kevin Hayes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You have to wonder if Hayes will wind up on the wing. We're going to have to find someone to win faceoffs, and Hayes is the logical candidate to move.

I never really thought I'd say this, but Hayes's game is more conducive to center. Unlike Miller, he has a feel for the spot and plays it quite well.

With the faceoffs thing, you could always have a winger who was good at faceoffs take the draw and have Hayes shift to C immediately after the draw. I have a feeling he will get faceoffs, though.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I never really thought I'd say this, but Hayes's game is more conducive to center. Unlike Miller, he has a feel for the spot and plays it quite well.

With the faceoffs thing, you could always have a winger who was good at faceoffs take the draw and have Hayes shift to C immediately after the draw. I have a feeling he will get faceoffs, though.

this is why i dont think we dshould be looking for a C for the 3rd line. Hayes is solid. He just needs a 2nd liner on his wing to help shelter the mistakes he makes. That's all.

Hagelin does a great job on his wing. I'd really like to see MSL get back on Hayes' RW

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
this is why i dont think we dshould be looking for a C for the 3rd line. Hayes is solid. He just needs a 2nd liner on his wing to help shelter the mistakes he makes. That's all.

Hagelin does a great job on his wing. I'd really like to see MSL get back on Hayes' RW

Last night's game was actually a perfect microcosm of sorts of why we do need a C for the 3rd line.

Hayes looked good last night, but in a February regular season game against a playoff bubble team, he was on the ice for 2 of the 3 goals against. Not saying they are necessarily his fault, but this is something AV noticed. And again, despite playing a good game in the neutral and o-zones, Hayes was relegated to the fourth line in the important minutes.

We need a 3C who is a 60 minute 3C that AV can trust in May and June.

I don't want to have to bump Dominic Moore to the third line at the 30 or 40 minute mark every game.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
I can see Kevin scoring 15-20 more points in the remanding 34 games. 38-35 points in 79 games is great for a first year player. That's almost a point every other game. Imagine a year or two from now?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'll say it again, this kid will be a 50 assist man in the NHL in his prime years.

I don't see it. Over the last 5 or seasons on average 10 players would have 50 assists or more. That's elite company. I'd be happy if he turns into a 20g/30a type of player. That's a 2C right there.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I'll say it again, this kid will be a 50 assist man in the NHL in his prime years.

I think he is looking good but I'd be shocked if he ever scores 50 assists in the NHL. That is an elite number of assists.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I don't see it. Over the last 5 or seasons on average 10 players would have 50 assists or more. That's elite company. I'd be happy if he turns into a 20g/30a type of player. That's a 2C right there.

10 players a season. I can see him doing it once or twice in his career.

He was a first rounder for a reason don't forget, he has the passing abilty and the patience with the puck that most players don't have in his league, or even close to...having those two attributes can lead to a ton of assists. I think by the time he is 25-26 we are going to start to see some really big numbers from Hayes. Stepan and Hayes will be our top 2 centers.

Its a strech I guess, but he absolutely has the potential to do it if he reaches that potential.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
I think 40 assists is far more likely. His size, strength and vision are a very rare combination. 15-20 goals and 40 assists.

Agree with this. Just needs to get better at face-offs, which I'm confident he will. He's going to be an absolute steal for us, very excited about watching him develop.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He hit a slump for like 6-7 games, but he's been much better lately. 4 pts in his last 5.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Hayes has been OK. Much like Miller, he is also prone to some brutal turnovers at inopportune times.

Such as the one he made at the opposition blue line on Dallas' 2nd goal.

50 assists a season is a pretty insane prediction for him. I think 50 points a season is a stretch.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Hayes has been OK. Much like Miller, he is also prone to some brutal turnovers at inopportune times.

Such as the one he made at the opposition blue line on Dallas' 2nd goal.

50 assists a season is a pretty insane prediction for him. I think 50 points a season is a stretch.

He's on pace for 34 points this season. You don't think he will ever break 16 more points than his rookie season?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Haven't got onto HF much lately but I had to come on to say a few words about Hayes.

The Rangers struck gold nabbing this kid from the Blackhawks. It was easy to see he had a lot of talent coming into camp with a lot of raw potential, but i've been really impressed with how his game has grown this season - and how quickly he's improving.

He's worked himself into a solid 3rd line center on a very good team that went to the Finals last season, as a rookie. Thats no small feat. The kid has very good vision, is in the right place on the ice most of the time - has incredible reach and uses his body well on the walls. Can shoot it, can dish it. He's a good skater for a guy his size, similar to Nash. He's got tons of potential this kid and I love his game lately, hes been in the middle of everything.

Of course you cant overlook his major deficiency in the the circle which has to improve if the the Rangers see im as a center going forward. And his defensive game is getting there but that always improves with time.

Really excited about this kid.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Haven't got onto HF much lately but I had to come on to say a few words about Hayes.

The Rangers struck gold nabbing this kid from the Blackhawks. It was easy to see he had a lot of talent coming into camp with a lot of raw potential, but i've been really impressed with how his game has grown this season - and how quickly he's improving.

He's worked himself into a solid 3rd line center on a very good team that went to the Finals last season, as a rookie. Thats no small feat. The kid has very good vision, is in the right place on the ice most of the time - has incredible reach and uses his body well on the walls. Can shoot it, can dish it. He's a good skater for a guy his size, similar to Nash. He's got tons of potential this kid and I love his game lately, hes been in the middle of everything.

Of course you cant overlook his major deficiency in the the circle which has to improve if the the Rangers see im as a center going forward. And his defensive game is getting there but that always improves with time.

Really excited about this kid.

Faceoff success comes with age and experience at the dot. Defensively he is steadily improving and offensively he has shown flashes that he is extremely gifted. The consistency will come, he is going to be a very good player

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I wasn't as bullish on Hayes as a lot of people here were, but his vision is fantastic. More and more impressed as the season progresses

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
One thing about Hayes that I feel like everyone tends to overlook is his ability to create turnovers.

It seems as if Hayes intercepts or breaks up at least one pass every shift. That is an incredibly valuable skill for a team that likes to transition quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille