Friedman: Kevin Hayes Linked to Boston & Colorado

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Yeah he did suck there. But if I was Vesey I wouldn’t want to have to deal with that either in my own state Especially if my family still lives in it. Probably wouldn’t be able to escape it. Sounds reasonable to me
I can understand that from Veseys perspective, but the issue is a member of the team actively telling a player that team is pursuing to not sign there. That's indefensible.

Reactions: Cheapshot

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Some Avs fans are starting to come around on this guy but I’m kind of hoping his hot streak and good play this year convinces the Rangers to sign him long term. I think his next contract is not going to be a good one and I really don’t want to be the team to give it him. I’ll admit it certainly feels like Sakic disagrees with me though, it seems every time an insider mentions Hayes they mention Colorado as a potential landing spot. A 1st for this guy + overplaying him as an UFA is how GMs get themselves into trouble.

Hes changed my mind actually on that. I think he'll be worth his contract. He looks more like a player who has grown into the #2C role completely between this year and last. Last year I didn't watch as much of the East as I had in the past, but being a Tampa/CBJ fan and my wife being a Detroit fan I've seen quite a bit of Eastern teams over the years. We also had season tickets for Tampa a couple of years ago when we lived in Florida. So I'm fairly comfortable in the differences between how hes playing now and what I've seen in the past.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Hayes will net a very, very good return that I don't think the Rangers will be able to refuse, unfortunately. Would love to hold onto Hayes to accelerate the rebuild. Also want to keep him because Howden and Andersson have shown very limited offensive potential up to this point (yes, I know they're still rookies but I don't see anything in their game that says they'll one day be consistent 60 point players)

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Hes changed my mind actually on that. I think he'll be worth his contract. He looks more like a player who has grown into the #2C role completely between this year and last. Last year I didn't watch as much of the East as I had in the past, but being a Tampa/CBJ fan and my wife being a Detroit fan I've seen quite a bit of Eastern teams over the years. We also had season tickets for Tampa a couple of years ago when we lived in Florida. So I'm fairly comfortable in the differences between how hes playing now and what I've seen in the past.
You’re certainly not alone it seems, agree to disagree. I would much rather the Rangers just sign him.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Hayes, 50% retained

Colorado: their 1st, Makar, Greer/Morrison, conditional 2020 2nd if he resigns

Boston: 1st, Bjork, Lauko/Senyshyn, cond 2020 2nd if he resigns

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This is a pretty good list

Honestly, I don't expect the return to be that far off.

Last trade deadline:
Stastny gets 1st, 4th, Foley
Kane gets 1st, 4th, O'Regan
Tatar gets 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
Brassard + Dunn + 3rd gets 1st + 3rd + Cole + Gustavsson. (Dunn and Gustavsson are just throw ins. Cole was traded for a 3rd earlier in the same day. So if you cancel those out your left with Brassard for a 1st and 3rd)
Hartman + 5th gets 1st, 4th, and Ejdsell. (I don't think Hartman is the best comparable but included him because he was a young, showed some promise, and has middle six potential)

I'm sure there is a Makar comparable in their somewhere right?

Reactions: avsfan09 and cgf

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Also, Hayes value continues to skyrocket with a 3 point game today, I can’t wait to see the return on him

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Hayes, 50% retained

You have to believe that Colorado would definitively have to include the Ottawa 1st along with Makar, but even then it seems like an offer that would be beat by more than one team.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hayes, 50% retained

moxdx.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad