Friedman: Kevin Hayes Linked to Boston & Colorado

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If you see the Rangers extend Hayes in the new year, then I could see it being more of a possibility they trade Zibanejad. You just have to understand that he is our most talented forward on our team, and just coming into his prime. So the cost to get someone like Zibanejad would probably be a tough pill for Avs fans to swallow. He also is possibly our young veteran they intend to keep through this rebuild.

Rangers are behind due to win now crowd
must hope they can have Hayes want to return 5 yrs, 6.2 or 6.4
deal Hayes now, get swag needed to catch up

deal Zib to max sell high in top demand AND he has NMC not now but which kicks in nxt yr, defeat by trade
no more NMCs on Rangers, no exceptions, reasonable to generous NTC is adequate

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Largely inaccurate...Even the beat writers all speculated it was Sergachev. So did the Bobfather when the trade broke.
The moment the trade broke and it was said Miller was going too people reasonably raised their expectations on the return. Few sane Rangers fans honestly thought McD himself was going to return Sergachev.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Largely inaccurate...Even the beat writers all speculated it was Sergachev. So did the Bobfather when the trade broke.

Well I along with a lot of other posters on the Rangers forum didn’t expect Sergachev, so no it’s not inaccurate. And I clearly said reasonable fans, not beat writers.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
There is zero chance Hayes will leave on his own. You obviously aren't tuned into this player. With Staal playing well I suspect Zucc and Staal will be the two main players to be moved with Hayes being signed. I wouldn't rule out Skjei being moved either in the right deal. Rangers centers have several years of development ahead of them before NY knows what they have. It would be dumb to move Hayes. Gorton should pay more attention to trying unload the log jam he foolishly created on defense.

Staal has a terrible contract and a NMC. THe Rangers would have to pay to unload him.....with his permission of course. Likely not going to happen. Zib is the better player, Hayes is odd man out. Maybe resign him but probably not.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
4 multipoint games in a row. Phenomenal in his own zone. His value is skyrocketing. If he goes to a team that can confidently re-sign him, the value should be around 1st + A prospect or two 1sts at this point. The Rangers might also consider keeping him at This point.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
4 multipoint games in a row. Phenomenal in his own zone. His value is skyrocketing. If he goes to a team that can confidently re-sign him, the value should be around 1st + A prospect or two 1sts at this point. The Rangers might also consider keeping him at This point.
Carl Soderberg is worth more, IMO :sarcasm:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
This seems like an odd thing to say. Was there something else going on between Jimmy and The Bruins?
Pretty well known around here that the family was not happy with how Jimmy was treated by the originzation (IE he sucked) and were whispering in Vesey/father Vesey to not sign with Boston, all while Hayes was still on the Bruins.

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
Pretty well known around here that the family was not happy with how Jimmy was treated by the originzation (IE he sucked) and were whispering in Vesey/father Vesey to not sign with Boston, all while Hayes was still on the Bruins.

Yeah he did suck there. But if I was Vesey I wouldn’t want to have to deal with that either in my own state Especially if my family still lives in it. Probably wouldn’t be able to escape it. Sounds reasonable to me

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
If a ransom must be paid I'd much rather it go to Kreider who seems to statistically be worth it at last. His goal today was nice.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Rangers are behind due to win now crowd
must hope they can have Hayes want to return 5 yrs, 6.2 or 6.4
deal Hayes now, get swag needed to catch up

deal Zib to max sell high in top demand AND he has NMC not now but which kicks in nxt yr, defeat by trade
no more NMCs on Rangers, no exceptions, reasonable to generous NTC is adequate
What is this Newspeak?

Reactions: cgf

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Some Avs fans are starting to come around on this guy but I’m kind of hoping his hot streak and good play this year convinces the Rangers to sign him long term. I think his next contract is not going to be a good one and I really don’t want to be the team to give it him. I’ll admit it certainly feels like Sakic disagrees with me though, it seems every time an insider mentions Hayes they mention Colorado as a potential landing spot. A 1st for this guy + overplaying him as an UFA is how GMs get themselves into trouble.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad