Friedman: Kevin Hayes Linked to Boston & Colorado

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I have a real good feeling about the Hayes return. He’s a 6’5 center who has been dominant this year with great defense and 21 points in 30 games while being a great locker room guy, he’s a line driver as well. Teams are gonna pay up for that and I do think they’ll be happy with him. I’m torn on trading Hayes but with our center depth I think he goes.
It’s gonna take a 1st+a real good piece

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Ava for Jost and the Avs 1st

I don't think for a moment that Jost's value has fallen to the point that he's included along with a 1st rounder for a 45-50 point rental, so no.

OK Avs and Bruins fans... how are the following doing?

COL: Timmins, Meloche
BOS: Zboril, Vaakanainen

I don't see the Avs dropping their second and third best defensive prospects in one deal, especially for a rental.

Reactions: irunthepeg

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't think for a moment that Jost's value has fallen to the point that he's included along with a 1st rounder for a 45-50 point rental, so no.

I don't see the Avs dropping their second and third best defensive prospects in one deal, especially for a rental.

I think Colorado and Hayes are a match made in heaven.

Calling him a 45-50 point center is really underselling him. Half of our board wants to keep him.

Jost and a 2. Or kaut and a 1. There is going to be competition for him so the aforementioned offer that should get you thread banned is not nearly enough. Hayes is a massive, massive step up from kerfoot

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013

Avs would extend him. Hayes almost signed there when he was a UFA out of college.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I was asking how they're doing, not proposing you deal both for Hayes. Looking for a prospect update.

Ah :facepalm: My apologies, idiocy on my part.

Well, Timmins is back skating again but he hasn't played or really trained since May due to a concussion. I expect there's next to no chance of him being traded since 1) Nobody's paying top dollar for a prospect who hasn't played in that long, and 2) He was tracking really well before his injury so it makes sense for the Avs to keep him. If he can get playing just after Christmas then maybe it changes, but I imagine his value is down (while the organization seems to very much like him), so I personally expect he's retained. Who knows.

Can't personally say on Meloche, to be honest, since I've only watched a handful of Eagles games this year. From what I've read I think he's sort of on track, hasn't dissapointed or really blown anyone away.

I think Colorado and Hayes are a match made in heaven.

Calling him a 45-50 point center is really underselling him. Half of our board wants to keep him.

Jost and a 2. Or kaut and a 1. There is going to be competition for him so the aforementioned offer that should get you thread banned is not nearly enough. Hayes is a massive, massive step up from kerfoot

In terms of there being more to his game than just points? Sure. But it's also statistically accurate that he's 26, 27 before the season ends, and hasn't eclipsed the 50 point mark. On the Avs he'd be enjoying worse wingers than the ones he's gotten in New York. It won't shock me in the slightest if Sakic pushes for him, but I don't think it's a match made in heaven at all -- the Avs should be hunting for bigger fish in the off-season to get them to contender status, AKA what the Kings did, IMO. If the Avs had Jets-like winger depth than maybe he'd be a fine #2 to contend with.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
I have a real good feeling about the Hayes return. He’s a 6’5 center who has been dominant this year with great defense and 21 points in 30 games while being a great locker room guy, he’s a line driver as well. Teams are gonna pay up for that and I do think they’ll be happy with him. I’m torn on trading Hayes but with our center depth I think he goes.
It’s gonna take a 1st+a real good piece

Center depth? Chytil and Andersson both haven't proven they can actually play center.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Avs would extend him. Hayes almost signed there when he was a UFA out of college.

1) But he didn't. 2) Maybe -- and very likely for too much. Thanks to the Rangers giving him a 1 year straight-to-UFA deal north of $5 million, Hayes can, if he so chooses, go to the ridiculous UFA market which will pay a fortune for a centre.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Yeah I don’t think the Avs are going to give up either one of those pieces unless there’s some type of agreement in place which there won’t be considering KH wants to be out east.

I don't claim to know his thinking, but a player's mindset as a 22-year old isn't always the same 4 years later.

Just saying, where he probably spent 80% of his time near his hometown when he was in college, he's not spent the last 4 years about 3-4 months on the road, 3-4 months in NYC and the rest maybe near Boston. Things change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad