Confirmed with Link: Kevin Hayes 5: signs 7 years, $50M

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No, Hayes is exactly what he was advertised to be, a 2C who didn't excel at anything, but could do everything.
And before he was injured, he was scoring. Last year he was solid on the PK, decent defensively, this year showed he could PP.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
There wasn't a single comment this entire season in any GDT that "something looks off," at least that I saw, and I'm pretty sure I saw all of them. It's convenient hindsight for people who still, for whatever reason, want to maintain the delusion that he is anything but bang average at absolute best, and shit garbage more often than not.
I chalked it up to lack of aggression; he peeled a lot defensively this year where he would take an extra stride/half stride to force turnovers last year.

The injury news makes sense, but I would have believed it if he was healthy and just mentally checked out, too. He was definitely a different player this year.

We are now past the probable best two years of this seven year contract, so the next five years should be thrilling.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I chalked it up to lack of aggression; he peeled a lot defensively this year where he would take an extra stride/half stride to force turnovers last year.

The injury news makes sense, but I would have believed it if he was healthy and just mentally checked out, too. He was definitely a different player this year.

We are now past the probable best two years of this seven year contract, so the next five years should be thrilling.
He has always been slow AF, so it was hard to notice that he was playing hurt. At any rate, when is the CBA up, maybe they can get some free buyouts again....

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Also, nothing could live up to the myth of the previous year, which for some reason is shrouded in delusions of grandeur for about 95% of our fanbase.
Because Hextall was the devil, Fletcher was our savior, and Hayes was his first big bias-for-action move.

It's really just that simple. Staff shills overrated Hayes to defend the staff. Some still do.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I think following his surgery we should put him on injured reserve until first round of a playoffs so he can fully regain his speed. Last night Kycherov was easily catching up with likes of Huberdau and Duclair on the backcheck. So to me it seems to be a right plan in terms of recovery.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I think following his surgery we should put him on injured reserve until first round of a playoffs so he can fully regain his speed. Last night Kycherov was easily catching up with likes of Huberdau and Duclair on the backcheck. So to me it seems to be a right plan in terms of recovery.
this aged well ;D

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
he reinjured himself ;D so let him on injury reserve would have given us a healthy Kevin in the playoffs ;D Now we have a meh skater with 2 surgeries ;(

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
rare-reeeeee.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Pacing for 103 points this season.
I'd bet against that, but his first year as a Flyer was misleading as well.
When he was healthy the last two years (first two months in 2020-21, last two months in 2021-22) he was scoring at close to a PPG.
So 70-80 points isn't ridiculous, anything over 60 and he's earned his salary.
Especially given he's being asked to be a 1C, which is a stretch.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I'd bet against that, but his first year as a Flyer was misleading as well.
When he was healthy the last two years (first two months in 2020-21, last two months in 2021-22) he was scoring at close to a PPG.
So 70-80 points isn't ridiculous, anything over 60 and he's earned his salary.
Especially given he's being asked to be a 1C, which is a stretch.
His career high is 54 points and you think 70-80 points in 2022 isn't ridiculous? :amazed:

"Anything over 60 and he's earned his salary" is also hilarious. 60 points would be phenomenal.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad