Confirmed with Link: Kevin Hayes 5: signs 7 years, $50M

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
For real. I hoped for a second that they were in talks to waive his NTC and maybe trade him. Why else would somebody bring back this thread??
I don't think they'll have trouble getting him to waive his NTC if it's a trade to a playoff team, and who else would be interested?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
giphy.gif

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
What is realistically a decent return for Kevin Hayes at 50% retained? Dislike Hayes for whatever reasons but 3.5 million for 3 years isn't bad.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There isn't much available in FA, so Hayes at say 3x$4M would be a bargain relative to what the few good FAs will get. Less money and less term.
Cap strapped playoff teams that want to add offense and depth will be willing to give real assets, maybe not a 1st, but something on the order of a 2nd and/or 3rd?
It's not like Hayes is coming off a terrible season, 54 points, CF 49.21%, CFrel +3.62, xGF 48.93%, xGFrel +2.18.
His offense, like many forwards, compensates for mediocre defense, and he showed promise on the PP.

Briere will need to be patient, GMs will try to get a steal, hoping Briere just wants to dump him.
If you have to, you wait until the 2nd week of FA, when GMs have no other options at center.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What is realistically a decent return for Kevin Hayes at 50% retained? Dislike Hayes for whatever reasons but 3.5 million for 3 years isn't bad.

With the retention I would think we could squeeze a late 2nd out of a team looking to contend next season.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Probably the least likable forward in recent memory when taking into account the whole picture.

There’s been worse players but not at this insane cap hit, with that crazy usage, and constantly shoved down our throats as the face of the team.

Probably tied for dumbest player too.

And I’ll even be kind and not mention that he looks like the elephant man.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Probably the least likable forward in recent memory when taking into account the whole picture.

There’s been worse players but not at this insane cap hit, with that crazy usage, and constantly shoved down our throats as the face of the team.

Probably tied for dumbest player too.

And I’ll even be kind and not mention that he looks like the elephant man.
Fistos knocking on the same door

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad