Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Our beats are dumb

tenor.gif

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Hayes needs to see his linemates better and be more decisive and get away from the puck hogging, head down moves.
But some of that may simply be unfamiliarity with his teammates (and a constantly shifting cast of linemates).

Second half should be interesting, by the time they get off this road trip, with Laughton back, the team should be close to set for the stretch run, and players have had time to get acclimated to AV's schemes. So it's time to step up or get out.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I think Hayes is looking great. It takes time to adjust to a new team & teammates, but he’s hitting his stride. He’s a huge presence for this team. Without him they’d be in trouble in this very tough East.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Per 60 ranks on the team over the past two seasons (min 1,000 minutes):

CF% rel: 8th
xGF% rel: 5th
GF% rel: 8th

Goals: 7th
Primary Assists: 9th
Total Points: 8th

Negative penalty differential.

Not even a top 6 forward on his team. What a contract.

"Worth every penny to this team".

Where would we be without him?

Also - atoadaso.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Well, he matches up pretty well with Jake, given he's a center, and he PKs.
Jake xGF% 49.87, xGFrel -0.84, HDCF% 50.07%, 2.37 pp/60 (ES), on-ice Sh% 10.45%
Hayes xGF% 50.28, xGFrel +0.06, HDCF% 53.02%, 1.82 pp/60 (ES) on-ice Sh% 7.65%

The guys ahead of both of them, Couts, G, JVR, TK, and Farabee is right behind.
Voracek scores at a higher rate, partially b/c he's a better playmaker, but also because he has had a lot of linemate "puck luck," the opposite for Hayes, whose on-ice Sh% should regress to the mean.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Well, he matches up pretty well with Jake, given he's a center, and he PKs.
Jake xGF% 49.87, xGFrel -0.84, HDCF% 50.07%, 2.37 pp/60 (ES), on-ice Sh% 10.45%
Hayes xGF% 50.28, xGFrel +0.06, HDCF% 53.02%, 1.82 pp/60 (ES) on-ice Sh% 7.65%

The guys ahead of both of them, Couts, G, JVR, TK, and Farabee is right behind.
Voracek scores at a higher rate, partially b/c he's a better playmaker, but also because he has had a lot of linemate "puck luck," the opposite for Hayes, whose on-ice Sh% should regress to the mean.

For all the talk about roles, I can't help but notice the lack of key information included in a Voracek-Hayes comp.

Voracek just finished Year 5 of a UFA deal and his Age 31 season. Hayes finished Year 2 at 29. I can't even imagine what Hayes looks like in the last 2-3 years of that contract.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I tried so hard to be optimistic. This has not panned out thus far.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
For all the talk about roles, I can't help but notice the lack of key information included in a Voracek-Hayes comp.

Voracek just finished Year 5 of a UFA deal and his Age 31 season. Hayes finished Year 2 at 29. I can't even imagine what Hayes looks like in the last 2-3 years of that contract.

Probably just fine as a winger, I don't see him staying at center by year 5 of his deal.
As a winger, with less skating and defensive responsibilities he could be just fine for a couple more years. He has a good shot.
I always thought his experience on the wing made this deal less risk b/c you don't have to guess whether he can successfully transition.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
JVR is the best value of the three, both Hayes and Voracek underperformed their contracts this season.
However, regression to the mean suggests Hayes will bounce back next yearn, that low On-ice sh% is unlikely to continue.

Reactions: Fotiu29

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
tenor.gif

@Captain Dave Poulin remember the victory laps last year? Boy oh boy did Fletcher, AV, and Hayes make us look foolish.

I member, and I also member the daily fear I lived with that we might not make the playoffs, and I member the sweet relief of having made them, even though we were bounced like chumps. Imagine where we would be without those playoffs, which were only possible because of Hayes and Niskey and Fletch and Alain.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
So, we thinking a Lecavalier-like end of this contract? Only worse because his ceiling wasn't as high?
Lecavalier had 100 million in a bank and he chose legacy over $$. That's a once in a lifetime thing. Such a shame that with all that capspace we just sunk it into freaking Filppula capdump.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad