Player Discussion Kevin Fiala

Status
Not open for further replies.

apollo18

Oct 20, 2018
any idea on why he isnt swapped with kaprisov? maybe kap can spark line 2 and fiala can spark line 1

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Breaking up Zuccarello and Kap would be insanity.

Part of Fiala's playing style is to be a one man show. I have yet to see him click with any one player except Spurgeon, which isn't all that useful. We can always hope that Boldy shows up this spring and they make beautiful music together.

Reactions: John Snow

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Breaking up Zuccarello and Kap would be insanity.

Part of Fiala's playing style is to be a one man show. I have yet to see him click with any one player except Spurgeon, which isn't all that useful. We can always hope that Boldy shows up this spring and they make beautiful music together.
Fiala needs a player who can be a play maker, but can also be a sniper. Staal worked well with Fiala for that reason... he didn't want to hog the puck so much, as to get into position while Fiala did his thing.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Having another impact player on the team should inspire him, and will also give him more opportunities, as Kap is now going to get the attention of the shutdown line. I like his(Fiala's) effort, but he's got to play smarter, and, at the end of the day, put the puck in the net.

Reactions: John Snow

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, and with luck Kap will stop scoring, so we won't have to pay him anything.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He seems to be playing decent, just nowhere near the puck luck and shooting he had last year.
He’s been bad. Funny enough, he’s been a little better defensively, but that’s not saying much. He’s defering way too much. Forcing too many passes that aren’t there. When he’s at his best he’s dynamic 1 on 1. He just needs to take what’s given to him. If there’s no pass there, assess the situation, if it’s one where it makes sense to try and make a move, do it. If a turnover is too risky, circle back or get the puck in.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
He’s been bad. Funny enough, he’s been a little better defensively, but that’s not saying much. He’s defering way too much. Forcing too many passes that aren’t there. When he’s at his best he’s dynamic 1 on 1. He just needs to take what’s given to him. If there’s no pass there, assess the situation, if it’s one where it makes sense to try and make a move, do it. If a turnover is too risky, circle back or get the puck in.
He had made bad choices yes, I do think he isn’t awful though. He really just looks like he lacks confidence. Zero mojo

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He had made bad choices yes, I do think he isn’t awful though. He really just looks like he lacks confidence. Zero mojo
I think that's 100% the problem, now, how does he fix it? All the skill in the world means nothing if that's what you're going to get from him on a nightly basis.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I don’t disagree with you there. Most natural talent I’ve seen in a long time too.
Agreed I think he needs to sit a night or two, then play against bottom six people and just terrorize them.

I think that's 100% the problem, now, how does he fix it? All the skill in the world means nothing if that's what you're going to get from him on a nightly basis.
unsure how to fix it other then sit him for mental reset and refocus on what worked for him last year

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Agreed I think he needs to sit a night or two, then play against bottom six people and just terrorize them.

unsure how to fix it other then sit him for mental reset and refocus on what worked for him last year
Well I don’t agree with this.

If he can get some momentum I think he’ll run with it. I just think it’s going to be hard to do.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I think he suffers not having anyone that can build chemistry with him. He seems to work well with Staal last year. However, I’m not going to rehash that trade and idk if it work this year with how Staal looks.

he really needs a center or wing that compliments him for next year. Be it Boldy, Rossi, or someone TBD.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He needs to play with an enabler. A smart, skilled player. Doesn't have to be the fastest or anything, or a puck handler. Maybe Boldy will be just the thing, centered by JEE/FA .

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I think he suffers not having anyone that can build chemistry with him. He seems to work well with Staal last year. However, I’m not going to rehash that trade and idk if it work this year with how Staal looks.

he really needs a center or wing that compliments him for next year. Be it Boldy, Rossi, or someone TBD.
He actually doesn’t look too bad with Johansson, who should feed into his selfishness as he loves to pass instead of shoot.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I mean Fiala put up record points with Parise and Staal. He's definitely playing "frustrated" hockey as eavson put it and he's just not the same player he was on his roll last year.

It's not to say it's a bad thing in the long term. I still believe God mode Fiala can come alive again on this team and with Kap in the future.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Johansson has looked weirdly ok. He didn't impress me at all earlier in the year, and I'm not saying that he is anything great right now, but he looks faster, anyway. Might be an option at C with Fiala?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad