Player Discussion Kevin Fiala

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
As I'm trying to find something to make me feel OK about this trade, I ran across this from The Athletic's round table:

DOM LUSZCZYSZYN, NHL analyst: ...

Fiala is only 22 though and can still get there, maybe even further. Minnesota, one of the oldest teams in the league, is willing to take that gamble for a player who has all the tools to be an elite player but hasn’t really been given the chance to prove it. Fiala has elite transitional stats and is a puck-carrying dynamo, which has made him one of Nashville’s strongest possession drivers over the past couple seasons, and in a “down” year has actually out-produced Granlund at 5-on-5 on a per-minute basis, though Granlund has the edge over the last few seasons.

The power play boost alone is enough to make this a win for Nashville, but Minnesota got a really good player too, one that’s four years younger who still has tremendous potential to be a really good player.
Impact Score: 4.5

Reactions: TheeNorthStar

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
This is not in his prospect profile, but he does indeed have one of the most satisfying last names to pronounce.

We win this trade.

Reactions: MuckOG

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Here is hoping he shows signs of being this elite talent he's being touted as. I have a feeling the first couple weeks are going to be a nightmare if he doesn't.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
As I'm trying to find something to make me feel OK about this trade, I ran across this from The Athletic's round table:
Now this is what I like to hear. The team badly needs a "puck-carrying dynamo". You know, someone like Granlund...

But it's still great to hear that.

Reactions: DumbaTrain

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Here is hoping he shows signs of being this elite talent he's being touted as. I have a feeling the first couple weeks are going to be a nightmare if he doesn't.
Russo says Fenton is putting unrealistic pressure on Fiala with his comments.

Fenton is doing this trying to defend a bad deal, and Fiala is going to have to deal with the fallout if he doesn't live up to the expectations from the GM.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Fenton is doing this trying to defend a bad deal, and Fiala is going to have to deal with the fallout if he doesn't live up to the expectations from the GM.

Which isn't fair to a young kid who already has to move to a new region (and one that is going to look like Hoth in comparison to where he just was) and acclimate to a new team as it is. Fans are going to be rabid and he's just fanning those flames. If the Wild lose that first game after these trades, KFAN whine line is going to be legendary.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

The fact that Fenton doesn't realize how that could hurt the kid is alarming. He really has no idea what he's doing.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006

Same thing will happen that happened in Edmonton with Larsson. Fine player, but just... tainted. There's no way he can become the player and the fan favorite who was shipped out for him. Lopsided one-for-one trades are a tragedy for many parties involved.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I think if we kept el Nino, that would made Fiala a bit more comfortable. But yeah, Fenton has now gone to two teams to try and defend this pick LOL. Poor Fiala.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Unless he's terrible, he will get top 6 minutes. No chance he plays 4th line

I only meant from an acclimation stand point. How many practices will he get in between now and the first game in a Wild uniform? Seems they've usually eased these guys into the lineup increasing minutes as the play continues and their rhythm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->