Player Discussion Kevin Fiala

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It was a shitty hit. I don't mind the punishment, so long as going forward from 29Jan2021 all similar hits from 1st time offenders results in the same 3 game suspension (I won't hold my breath).
Agreed.

NHL is usually far too afraid to give out real punishment. This one feels like it's right for the play...AND everyone in the same situation should get the same.

My problem with this, it won't be set as a standard moving forward and instead they will keep with the totally crappy inconsistent suspension track.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
An absolute joke considering NHL's suspensions in the past.

Either make this a new standard, which I would be in favour of, or hand out punishments according to the existing, lenient line. This has no resemblance of justice whatsoever, and even the explanation tried to make out Fiala as some sort of a war criminal instead of even remotely accepting that Roy stumbled.

swift

Dec 11, 2005
www.lentovelho.fi
Well justified suspension.

How do you think the lines will look with Fiala out? And who gets his spot in the first powerplay... Any guesses?

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
An absolute joke considering NHL's suspensions in the past.

Either make this a new standard, which I would be in favour of, or hand out punishments according to the existing, lenient line. This has no resemblance of justice whatsoever, and even the explanation tried to make out Fiala as some sort of a war criminal instead of even remotely accepting that Roy stumbled.

3 games is ridiculous. Maybe should have gotten thrown out of the game, but that is about it. Roy tripped - Fiala is not some goon.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
He will want 8 years and that's just not smart in today's nhl imo.

I see us coming in at 6x6 him asking for 8x8 and we settle for 7x6 or 7.5x5

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
He will want 8 years and that's just not smart in today's nhl imo.

I see us coming in at 6x6 him asking for 8x8 and we settle for 7x6 or 7.5x5
I hope not. I really think we need to see more. He had a hot streak and that’s it imo. It’s not like he is lighting up the show currently to warrant 7-7.5 mil aav.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I hope not. I really think we need to see more. He had a hot streak and that’s it imo. It’s not like he is lighting up the show currently to warrant 7-7.5 mil aav.

At the same time, he's not playing with premier linemates. Get the guy a center. For the first time in 20 years, I didn't watch a single game last season. So, I've no idea who he was centered by. But, he doesn't have a ton to work with when he's out there from what I've seen.

But, I agree. I honestly don't even think what he did last year (from what I saw stat-wise) that he's a 7+ mil player yet.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
At the same time, he's not playing with premier linemates. Get the guy a center. For the first time in 20 years, I didn't watch a single game last season. So, I've no idea who he was centered by. But, he doesn't have a ton to work with when he's out there from what I've seen.

But, I agree. I honestly don't even think what he did last year (from what I saw stat-wise) that he's a 7+ mil player yet.

Staal. Which matters.

Reactions: MK9

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
It's not just about what he "is" currently. We've seen he has over ppg skill. This is his chance for his big prime years contract and it makes no sense from his perspective to not ask for the moon. Negotiations is about meeting in the middle.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
His going from dangling everybody last year to barely being able to stickhandle this year is one of the weirder things I've seen.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
His going from dangling everybody last year to barely being able to stickhandle this year is one of the weirder things I've seen.
It's not even just a couple of times. It's all the time. He's either trying to be too fancy or something's off with him. Or both.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
It’s all mental with him. His game is built on confidence and right now he has none

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It’s all mental with him. His game is built on confidence and right now he has none

Yeah, I think he could use some more skill to play with too. If the top 6 keeps slumping a bit I might try switching Zuccarello and Greenway for a bit.

I hope Evason is willing to try Boldy in one of those spots at the end of this season. Would be useful to see what he's capable of there.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Yeah, I think he could use some more skill to play with too. If the top 6 keeps slumping a bit I might try switching Zuccarello and Greenway for a bit.

I hope Evason is willing to try Boldy in one of those spots at the end of this season. Would be useful to see what he's capable of there.
I don’t even think it’s that. It’s just watching how much calmer he is with the puck when he’s playing with confidence. Right now he’s over handling the puck and running all over the place.when he lets the game come to him he’s great. Imagine him on the 2 on 1 against Nashville last year right now. No way he has the confidence to pull that off.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don’t even think it’s that. It’s just watching how much calmer he is with the puck when he’s playing with confidence. Right now he’s over handling the puck and running all over the place.when he lets the game come to him he’s great. Imagine him on the 2 on 1 against Nashville last year right now. No way he has the confidence to pull that off.

Yeah I just mean I think that playing with someone like Zuccarello (or Kaprizov) might be able to help him get that confidence back if they can get some scoring going

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Greenway and Ek are great at what they do, and either one of them could play on a scoring line with two skilled, offensive players, but having two of them with just Fiala is putting a lot of pressure on Fiala to create on that line, and he's slumping right now, so the confidence is gone.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014

You really missed out. Fiala's second half up until the covid pause was the most impressive showing by any Wild player since Gabby, and yes that includes Kap this year. Every time he touched the puck you knew he was gonna score, blazing speed and snipes.

The center sitch doesn't help this year, and then the covid / suspension crap prevented a good rhythm. Honestly the PP being garbo is negatively affecting a the heads of a lot players, Fiala included. It's just comical at this point, idk what it's gonna take for him to get going like last year, maybe beating up on AZ is start, but that PP MUST get going.

Reactions: MK9 and HotDish

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Great players make it look smooth, the game slows down. Fiala looks like the game is speeding up on him. Classic signs of slump.....he will snap back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad