Player Discussion Kevin Fiala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Johansson has looked weirdly ok. He didn't impress me at all earlier in the year, and I'm not saying that he is anything great right now, but he looks faster, anyway. Might be an option at C with Fiala?

He’s on the wing with him already. Not sure how much difference it would make.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He’s on the wing with him already. Not sure how much difference it would make.
You're probably right. Desk chairs, Titanic, Wild C position, throwing things against the wall, etc. Just trying to find something that will click

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Johansson has looked weirdly ok. He didn't impress me at all earlier in the year, and I'm not saying that he is anything great right now, but he looks faster, anyway. Might be an option at C with Fiala?
I'd been wondering for a while if the Wild were on a tear not because they're playing well, but because every team they were playing was just way more tired than the Wild were, since the Wild got their COVID break. Now, on an obviously tired Wild squad, the one well-rested guy looks suddenly much better than earlier in the year? Coincidence?

It also makes me a bit scared of how this season will end. It might be pretty ugly.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Playing 40% of those games with 3rd/4th line linemates
I don’t really think hem be a superstar anymore, his mental game isn’t great. When he’s pressing, he’s really pressing, but I’m looking forward to his stretches of being a 40 point player and stretches of being a 100 point player averaging out to make him a cool 70 point first line guy.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Fiala is destined to be a streaky player who can carry a team when he's on, while Kap is steadily brilliant.

after years of having neither, I can live with it. Imagine if we had even a prime Koivu to play in between Those two, though?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I think Fiala is destined to be a streaky player who can carry a team when he's on, while Kap is steadily brilliant.
What I've appreciated about Fiala this year is that even when things weren't clicking for him he always looked like he was engaged and working. Goal scorers are usually streaky but not all of them handle the frustration that goes along with that well.

Reactions: 57special

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
I think it would be a mistake to trade him even for a good center. He is the kind of player that can almost single handedly steal a playoff series when he is hot. That’s tough to find.

Reactions: cris10

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I think it would be a mistake to trade him even for a good center. He is the kind of player that can almost single handedly steal a playoff series when he is hot. That’s tough to find.

I agree, and this obviously depends on the center they would be getting. I wouldn't trade Fiala for a "serviceable" 2C. But to get a center worth getting, it would probably take Fiala + another significant asset(s).

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I think we might be underestimating how significant the guys he's been playing with is.

Edit: In terms of the terrible linemates. To be more explicit.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
How about this line? Kaprizov-Zuccarello-Fiala...looks slick.

Since Guerin says Zucc plays like a center, just has to work on his faceoffs.

Reactions: John Snow

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
18 points in last 15 games. 32 points in last 38 games. On pace for 61 points this season.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Probably never going to be consistent enough to be that PPG or better superstar that we were hoping for. But he's already a top line level player and the kind of guy that can win a playoff series by himself.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
As long as he keeps peaking at the right time, I’m fine with it. Would be mkre than happy if he settles in as a 70ish point guy. He is capable of taking over games, he just doesn’t do it consistently.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
He can drive a lines production. May not be consistently a top tier player but he can certainly take over a game here and there.

That's tremendous pressure off Kap.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
More importantly, they are figuring out how to click together on the #1PP. That's huge. Fiala makes all kinds of mistakes, but I love his skill, talent, and passion. He also gives no sign of bitching about his linemates, but it's got to be frustrating playing with a couple of bottom sixers.

Reactions: grN1g
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad