Player Discussion Kevan Miller - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I agree it will take him awhile to get his game back. I'm sure he'll do some time in Providence on a rehab assignment to get him back into the flow of things.
If/when Miller pulls a Spoked B jersey over his head, have to think Masterton shoe-in?

I love the guy`s determination and how hard he plays and how tough he is to play against and I`m not trying to be a downer but I have to set my expectations exceptionally low for a guy who hasn`t played in over a year. Love to see him come back, not a bad thing at all to have some nasty in the lineup but I have to be reasonable

If there is one thing he has an advantage, he`s a guy who plays a very simple game and making sharp cuts and insane breakout passes weren`t his thing. Either way, massive love to KM for sticking with it and working his way back, the little I have read/heard from players who have been in the IR a long time is it`s bloody lonely, look how emotional Moore was prior to coming back on the ice, these guys love the game at the end of the day, it ain`t always about the money....well, it`s a bit about the money but..:laugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The recurring knee injuries make you question how good his skating could possibly be at this point. Who knows if it's even NHL level anymore? His added physicality won't help if he can't catch up to anyone.

I would assume they give him the full 2 weeks conditioning assignment when he's ready. I don't know if it will be like Moore who just had one game and was called up.

Yep. I'm also not convinced that he'll manage to stay healthy even if he does make it back, given his track record. But either way, I'm viewing him as nonexistent until he can show he's able to stay healthy.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yep. I'm also not convinced that he'll manage to stay healthy even if he does make it back, given his track record. But either way, I'm viewing him as nonexistent until he can show he's able to stay healthy.
me too but isn`t this injury his knee cap ? Sorry, the guy`s been injured so much I can`t keep up, if it is the knee cap wondering how different this is in comparison to a knee injury ?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
me too but isn`t this injury his knee cap ? Sorry, the guy`s been injured so much I can`t keep up, if it is the knee cap wondering how different this is in comparison to a knee injury ?

Knee cap this time. Bad shoulders multiple times before that. Neck injury in there too.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
If/when Miller pulls a Spoked B jersey over his head, have to think Masterton shoe-in?

I love the guy`s determination and how hard he plays and how tough he is to play against and I`m not trying to be a downer but I have to set my expectations exceptionally low for a guy who hasn`t played in over a year. Love to see him come back, not a bad thing at all to have some nasty in the lineup but I have to be reasonable

If there is one thing he has an advantage, he`s a guy who plays a very simple game and making sharp cuts and insane breakout passes weren`t his thing. Either way, massive love to KM for sticking with it and working his way back, the little I have read/heard from players who have been in the IR a long time is it`s bloody lonely, look how emotional Moore was prior to coming back on the ice, these guys love the game at the end of the day, it ain`t always about the money....well, it`s a bit about the money but..:laugh:

I would think so @ODAAT. At the very least he would be the Bruins best nominee.

I agree 100% with the rest of your post, especially about the simplicity of his game. I'd be a lot more worried if this was Krug or Gryz trying to come back from this injury.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I agree 100% with the rest of your post, especially about the simplicity of his game. I'd be a lot more worried if this was Krug or Gryz trying to come back from this injury.

I like Kevan's game and he makes a great pair with a PMD. I thought he and Grizz worked very well together. Makes you wonder what the playoffs last season and the SCF might have looked like. I am not optimistic for him, though. He has a more simple game, but he has been a pretty good skater which I felt was a big key to his strong defensive play. No he isn't Grizz or Bjork out there, but he could move pretty well overall. He's 32 now coming off a devastating injury and nearly a year off and I just don't know that he ever gets back to where he was. I am pulling for him, though.

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I could be way off with North/South players ability to more quickly assimilate back into the game but just an observation. @LSCII listed some of KM`s past injuries, just crazy and unfortunate too for Miller

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I could be way off with North/South players ability to more quickly assimilate back into the game but just an observation. @LSCII listed some of KM`s past injuries, just crazy and unfortunate too for Miller

Yeah, his knee was actually two injuries. Messed it up, had surgery, was healing, then he needed another surgery due to a set back. Literally started the clock over on that one.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
This is pure speculation and I really don't know the full details of his injuries, but as I understand it the core issues were broken bones in his knee and subsequent complications. If surgeries have fixed the issue and he doesn't have setbacks maybe it's possible he really does come back without side effects (other than being out of game shape). I say this because we're not talking about a ligament issue which tend to have more lingering effects, right?

I don't know, maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I miss this guy and think he could really be an important missing piece for this team still if he was able to come back at truly 100%.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah, his knee was actually two injuries. Messed it up, had surgery, was healing, then he needed another surgery due to a set back. Literally started the clock over on that one.
man that`s tough, seems like a guy everyone in the locker room respects and likes and brings nasty on the ice. Really hope he doesn`t have any more setbacks and makes it back and I say that not because I think he`s a savior, this team needs more than a KM return but it would definitely be a chopping onions moment

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

This is whats missing imo . The end of that video shows 2 guy that will do anything for their teammates . Love those guys. Sometimes you have to have a mentality of zero ****s given and make the other team pay specially when our stars are getting targeted more and more with no response

definitely an aspect missing but far more, his level of physicality and an opponent going to the front of the net will require a set of ba**s when he`s on the ice as he doesn`t roll out the red carpet like this current group does

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Those old fights are great to watch but I wouldn’t expect that same Miller when he comes back. I assume he’ll be playing a little lighter of a game, so I don’t think he’s the answer to the teams lack of physicality but he’ll definitely help.

At 32 he’s had a list of injuries in the past few years.
  • Concussion (probably multiple)
  • Shoulder
  • Broken hand
  • Fractured larynx
  • Torn oblique
  • Broken kneecap vertically
  • Broken kneecap horizontally
I probably missed some but, lots of leg injuries there. Seems pretty defeated by this latest leg injury so I wouldn’t be surprised if he calls it quits after one more.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
With his injury history, it’s league minimum or nothing.

Unless he by some miracle is able to come back at or near his pre-injury level, I don't think he is even re-signed at all. If there is some interest from the Bruins, yeah I would expect it to be no more than a Ritchie type deal because he can't be counted on to be available game to game.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Unless he by some miracle is able to come back at or near his pre-injury level, I don't think he is even re-signed at all. If there is some interest from the Bruins, yeah I would expect it to be no more than a Ritchie type deal because he can't be counted on to be available game to game.
I’m assuming he’s shown the door as well, but if he can finish the year away from the IR and shows a semi-heavy game on the ice, I’d give him Ritchie money.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
Depending how much he would be willing to drop in pay i would be happy with a Chuck, Carlo , Killer / Cliffy right side
He has been one of the most fit bruins players and like the video above the injuries were very flukie . At the very least his shoulder should be in a way better shape .

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Depending how much he would be willing to drop in pay i would be happy with a Chuck, Carlo , Killer / Cliffy right side
He has been one of the most fit bruins players and like the video above the injuries were very flukie . At the very least his shoulder should be in a way better shape .
Flukie but serious injuries, especially the leg injuries when he was already a below average skater.

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
Miller is a well-rounded defenseman with good puck-moving ability. Can play a physical game, but doesn't skate very well.
- Erik K. Piri, EP

EDIT: I guess it depends what you consider to be good and bad skating.
lol cmon now some clown who probably never watched him skate wrote that . Miller is a good skater just watch him

Reactions: Ladyfan

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Miller was definitely a good skater. I think it just remains to be seen now with the knee injuries maybe taking a toll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino