Player Discussion Kevan Miller - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Before his injuries he was trending toward exactly what this lineup needed. He improved his skating 10fold somehow, and is able to throw down when needed. That Gryz and Miller 3rd pair was awesome. I hope he can get back to being effective because we need his size and fight.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
It sure would help the Bruins... they're in need of his physicality. He sure had more than his share of bad luck... nothing is impossible, let's keep hope alive.

Reactions: Ladyfan

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It’s 291 days since he played in a game is what I meant, but yeah I’m not quite sure he’s gonna play or be as effective as he was before.

All the people putting their eggs in him returning and being a physical force shouldn't be expecting him to jump right back in. Dude hasn't played a second of hockey in nearly a full year. And he's coming off injuries that kept recurring. Hard to say what he's going to be like initially. Not really fair to put so much on him either. Just let him ease back into form first and see what they have.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Love his character but he’s far too injury prone. Relying on Miller to be your 3rd right side dman is not smart business. Bad shoulders bad knees, it’s too bad his body can’t hold up. Tough kid for sure.
Right now he's skating... that's improvement, one day at the time. Small steps...

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Miller looks more like this.
2004-Hummer-H2-front-right-23585767.jpg

Reactions: LSCII

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I know it's a long shot but a healthy Kevan Miller is what his team needs on D. Would allow them to trade Moore (I would anyway and give Lauzon his spot) and get a return. keeps them below the cap and Sweeney can move Heinen and his salary with picks to improve grit, size and scoring in the forward group.

Reactions: Ladyfan and LSCII

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I know it's a long shot but a healthy Kevan Miller is what his team needs on D. Would allow them to trade Moore (I would anyway and give Lauzon his spot) and get a return. keeps them below the cap and Sweeney can move Heinen and his salary with picks to improve grit, size and scoring in the forward group.
Agreed - it's a long shot for sure. But also just as sure that they're missing what he brought.

Moore missed 6 months and a full preseason - hasn't been back for 20 games. All things considered he's doing alright.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Definitely with you on moving Moore. Plenty of younger, cheaper alternatives rather than him.

Reactions: TCB

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
All the people putting their eggs in him returning and being a physical force shouldn't be expecting him to jump right back in. Dude hasn't played a second of hockey in nearly a full year. And he's coming off injuries that kept recurring. Hard to say what he's going to be like initially. Not really fair to put so much on him either. Just let him ease back into form first and see what they have.

I agree it will take him awhile to get his game back. I'm sure he'll do some time in Providence on a rehab assignment to get him back into the flow of things.

Reactions: Jim and LSCII

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Definitely with you on moving Moore. Plenty of younger, cheaper alternatives rather than him.

Id move Moore just because I feel Lauzon can more than fill his shoes, but Moore has been playing very well so far this year' and is always there for his teammates, not being afraid to defend them although he's not a tough guy. Kudos to him.

The way Moore has played he also should bring back a decent return and it would give the bruins some needed cap space, but the way he's played and he is a bigger body who can skate, I'd be fine if he stayed around.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

The recurring knee injuries make you question how good his skating could possibly be at this point. Who knows if it's even NHL level anymore? His added physicality won't help if he can't catch up to anyone.

I would assume they give him the full 2 weeks conditioning assignment when he's ready. I don't know if it will be like Moore who just had one game and was called up.

Reactions: LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad