Confirmed with Link: Kessel signs Contract Extension. (8x8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TML23

Aug 2, 2008
Toronto
So funny how other fans are coming to our board and telling us that Kessel got overpaid. Haters will always hate.

They for sure know that Kessel will get AT LEAST 8 mil/year for 7 years if he went to UFA.

Ace88*

where the **** is this press conference? i cant find it on tsn.ca and it's not on TSN or TSN2

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Parise, a similar talent with a better track record, just last year signed a UFA deal with Minnesota for a smaller cap hit.

Actually, the first 8yrs of his deal, Parise gets a $10.0m average salary, until age 35.

The first 10yrs of his deal, Parise gets an $9.4m average salary, until age 37.

The last 3 years of his deal, at ages 38, 39, and 40, he averages $1.3m per year.

Kessel makes $8m per year until age 34.

but yes, it would have been nice to get our stars on cheater cap-circumventing deals like Parise, Suter, Weber, Keith got, for sure.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Holy sweet flying **** the trolls are out in full force today. **********.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
So funny how other fans are coming to our board and telling us that Kessel got overpaid. Haters will always hate.

They for sure know that Kessel will get AT LEAST 8 mil/year for 7 years if he went to UFA.

From their team... And they would be ecstatic.

I honestly could care less what anyone says. Argue until the cows come home but the production that Phil offers is worth 8 mill per and it's not even close.

This is the only elite tier player that the leafs have had since Sundin, and in his prime years.

Phil has the potential in the next 8 years to be considered among the best leafs ever in the post 1967 era

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

It's funny because it's fans of the teams he usually destroys. Kessel has beat the Habs by himself a handful of times.

Phil is going to go down as one of the most prolific scorers in Leafs history.

hockeyfanz*

Locked Up!!

Thank you Bozak :handclap:

As if he had anything to do with it....Never. On that note, if he was at all an inspiration to the The Thrill....he is signed and locked up..now Nonis can dump Bozie on the curb:laugh:

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Holy sweet flying **** the trolls are out in full force today. **********.

lol I've heard it all today.

Best one being "LOL HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT THE OTHER END OF THE ICE IS LOL"

Yeah -3 in the season and +3 in the playoffs definitely shows that.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Man, Jeff O'neil is such a tool. The guy's still ripping on Kessel, I guess it's fashionable time for him to troll.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Parise, a similar talent with a better track record, just last year signed a UFA deal with Minnesota for a smaller cap hit.

What track record is that?

Not playing well enough in the playoffs or his best year being three years ago?

It's a joke that some people consider Parise to be the better player.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I'll throw this out there:

If Kessel scores averages 33 goals per season over the next 9 years, he'll pass Sundin for the franchise lead in goals scored

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
I'll throw this out there:

If Kessel scores averages 33 goals per season over the next 9 years, he'll pass Sundin for the franchise lead in goals scored

He has an opportunity to have his number raised. He's gotta go and get it but the chance is there right in front of him

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
anyone else excited that all of our top6 forwards (except Kadri) are locked up long-term?

Kadri is also still an RFA, so we don't have any UFAs on our top 6 for a while. :handclap:

With the cap probably going up, I think we'll get all our RFAs signed, and hopefully try to fill the #1 centre spot, and #2 d-men, and then I think we're a contending team.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Man, Jeff O'neil is such a tool. The guy's still ripping on Kessel, I guess it's fashionable time for him to troll.

Hes turning into a curmudgeonly old guy already :laugh: Everything was always better back in his day and no one got paid like they do now.

His best comment was when he said he doesnt like how Phil scores

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Mac and Kyper just going on about how you shouldn't build around him. Pretty much say you shouldn't have given him the contract because you don't have Toews type guy.

Aren't those the same tools that said Leafs need to trade Kessel + Gardiner + for Nash and get a franchise player?

If Kessel was Canadian, he would be getting a lot more respect. Too bad he's American..

hockeyfanz*

lol I've heard it all today.

Best one being "LOL HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT THE OTHER END OF THE ICE IS LOL"

Yeah -3 in the season and +3 in the playoffs definitely shows that.

Please don't use this stat to prop up anybody as it was not a valid stat when he finished -29. I personally believe that it is an indication of somebody who knows how to play two way hockey and his -29 was an indication of the opposite....but clearly most on this board refuse to give +/- any validity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad