Confirmed with Link: Kessel signs Contract Extension. (8x8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
we don't need a 25 min per night defenseman who plays in all situations?

I like Phaneuf but not making much more than he is today. Its a tough decision tbh. Can Rielly fill that role in the next couple seasons? That is really the million dollar question

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Why does everyone complain that someone didnt take a "discount". Who the **** cares, be happy he re-signed here, he would have gotten more in the open market. Quit complaining that he didnt take 500k less a year.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They pretty much said you can't build a team around Kessel because he isn't a leader. They also said he will score "35-40 goals for fun"

Ace88*

no, Millard is wrong.

You keep both Kessel and Phaneuf. You don't give away your elite players, ever.

Im ok with letting go of Dion if it means we keep everyone else and we can find another dman to somewhat fill his shoes. If we can't trade him for a slight downgrade at a lesser cap hit then we gotta keep him.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't know why they added O'Neill to Leafs Lunch...now I can't listen to it anymore. O'Neill brings up Kessel's 'compete level' again.

SteveV*

Mac and Kyper just going on about how you shouldn't build around him. Pretty much say you shouldn't have given him the contract because you don't have Toews type guy.

They've said that for over two years now. Update you take guys , Phil has evolved!

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
As predicted, jeff o'neils on his usual "Back in my day.." rants. This guy has really turned into a bitter old man since retiring. I never seen a more lazier player than that clown.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 36s

Kessel is beaming at his press conference. Thanks management for support and faith in him.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Millard had it right.

The problem isn't Kessel but maybe with Dion making more money. Millard said '... then you move Dion to turn him into something you need'

If Dion moves, our need becomes a #1D. Moreso than a #1C at this point, imo.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
"I'll be on the hook for some team dinners, but I don't mind, we have a great group of guys"

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Dude looks like he is about to pass out. :(

He looks heavy - see chubby.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
"This is a big season for our team, looking to grow our team and it's good to get it out of the way."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad