Confirmed with Link: Kessel signs Contract Extension. (8x8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveV*

Roar!
4ONs9.jpg

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
If he signed for 8M per, he left money on the table.

Now we do not have to hear about his contract all year!

Take a quick look at the main board thread.

Something tells me we'll be hearing about his contract for a long time. Also, one-dimensional, fat/lazy, and soft with no heart will still come up. At least the Seguin trade talk is almost non-existent!

...oh crap. What have I done!?!?!?

Anyways, it's awesome to have the Kessel thing done. I was afraid he might want to leave.

8 might be a bit too much, but I'm not too worried about it. I think he would've gotten the same (quite possibly more) in free agency. Really happy to have Kessel staying on board.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
His cap hit right now is 6.5 m. No way he only goes up by 500k. 7.5 m/year, and that's a conservative estimate. No one else on the Leafs blueline does what he can every game.

7.5M is a bit rich for my blood, but I like him at 7M. and i agree with your point, no one on the leafs blue line brings what he brings to the team.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Gaborik's legs are still holding at 31 but on the other hand, Heatley's at 32 aren't (though I don't think he relied as much on his speed to score anyways).

If he can at least remain a 25-30 goal scorer by the end of his deal along with being a decent playmaker then I'll be okay with it.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Only thing I can really say is

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Take a quick look at the main board thread.

Something tells me we'll be hearing about his contract for a long time. Also, one-dimensional, fat/lazy, and soft with no heart will still come up. At least the Seguin trade talk is almost non-existent!

Exactly.

Some of those geniuses that said Kessel will never re-sign in Toronto because he doesn't like living life under a microscope look rather foolish right now. Apparently, the kid likes Toronto and playing in a hockey crazed market, just like he did in Beantown.

In a few years, I have a hunch this deal will look like a bargain.

Ace88*

Omg im so ****ing stoked. This is the best news to wake up to!

Fellas i strongly think Kessel is the next Leafs great. No reason he can't retire with 500+ goals and 1000+ points.

hogtownhabsfan*

8 million is definitely not a discount price. That's market value.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Exactly.

Some of those geniuses that said Kessel will never re-sign in Toronto because he doesn't like living life under a microscope look rather foolish right now. Apparently, the kid likes Toronto and playing in a hockey crazed market, just like he did in Beantown.

In a few years, I have a hunch this deal will look like a bargain.

And with Seguin gone, we will never have to hear 'thank you Kessel' from B's fans ever again!

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
This is obviously huge. Getting our best player locked up right before the season at a very fair price. Good work.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
****ing hell yes. He was telling the truth about not negotiating during the season that slick *******

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad