Prospect Info: Kerby Rychel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Great news the Rychel is lighting it up. I didn’t have high hopes for him. I haven’t watched him play, but watching the score sheet, it seems he got points in losses, but not in any wins (we only got one OT win while he has been there). I would like to watch one of their games to see him play, but I don’t have a subscription to the AHL network. Is he leading, or is he being opportunistic in meaningless games?

Anyone who watched his games want to write up a review?

I hope we got a gem in the rough, who can help us out in the future. That would be sick. What I don’t want is another Pateryn, who takes 3-5 years to develop, and then is a marginal player in the end (don’t get me wrong, I would be glad to have Pateryn back, but I don’t grieve his being traded).

I wanted to thank you all for keeping this thread on topic. It is so refreshing to hear news and discussion that reflects the threads title. :)

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Great news the Rychel is lighting it up. I didn’t have high hopes for him. I haven’t watched him play, but watching the score sheet, it seems he got points in losses, but not in any wins (we only got one OT win while he has been there). I would like to watch one of their games to see him play, but I don’t have a subscription to the AHL network. Is he leading, or is he being opportunistic in meaningless games?

Anyone who watched his games want to write up a review?

I hope we got a gem in the rough, who can help us out in the future. That would be sick. What I don’t want is another Pateryn, who takes 3-5 years to develop, and then is a marginal player in the end (don’t get me wrong, I would be glad to have Pateryn back, but I don’t grieve his being traded).

I wanted to thank you all for keeping this thread on topic. It is so refreshing to hear news and discussion that reflects the threads title. :)

He is playing on the top line with Terry and Cracknell and so he is getting plenty of opportunity. He works the boards well and has pretty good skill and hockey sense. My guess is that he will need to work his way up an NHL line-up and might end up in the top 9 of a bad NHL team... but he could also play on a 4th line which means he might actually get a shot at some point. His skating has been a concern, so he will need to be a motor to keep up.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Isnt Rychel a better skater than Ward ? . I remember Ward being pretty slow.
Ward was picked one pick ahead of Marian Hossa. I remember then Senator scout Andre Savard saying he was shocked that Hossa fell to 12th overall. Houle got that one wrong for sure.
Houle drafted Matt Higgins, Jason Ward, Eric Chouinard in successive years.

Houle did draft Markov, Ryder, Beauchemin though.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Ward was picked one pick ahead of Marian Hossa. I remember then Senator scout Andre Savard saying he was shocked that Hossa fell to 12th overall. Houle got that one wrong for sure.
Houle drafted Matt Higgins, Jason Ward, Eric Chouinard in successive years.

Houle did draft Markov, Ryder, Beauchemin though.

Yes. In the days when our critirea for BPA in the 1st round did not include skating ability.

We could have had the faster and edgier Simon Gagne instead of Chouinard, but chose him because skating didnt matter and he was a bit bigger, our own Eric Daze.

Sigh. Lol. Skating not a priority, just like now skill doesnt seem to be a consistent requirement.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Was at the game yesterday, left with 10 minutrs left in the third... He was a non factor for the 50 minutes I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad