Sep 4, 2013
Should be good depth for Laval

If he plays well in Laval could be called up

Still fairly young

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Saw him alot in jr.
Good hands. Some toughness. Skating is what it is, I dont expect he improves it now. In jr he had a lot of lazy shifts but hopefully thats improved.
4th line depth guy.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
His AHL stats aren't as bad as some here were making it seem, and he still is quite young. He could be a quality depth player for us, which is nice considering he was throw in.

For example, he's put up better stats than Danault did in the AHL, at the same age.

Reactions: Umbrella

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
It’s funny that people label him a bust when McCarron is still considered a prospect by most, yet they were drafted the same year.

He could be a good addition to our bottom 6, either that or he’ll help the Rocket a lot.
no mccarron isn't valued on this site anymore, don't know where you read that outside a few outliers.

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
He lives about 200 meters from me in the off-season. Maybe I can get him to train extra hard or something.

I still think he is a possible NHLer. I imagine a 4th line of Rychel-McCarron-Deslauriers would be quite nasty.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
2013 first round pick joins his 3rd team. Two organizations saw him for what he probably is...

Reactions: Zorba

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Is he waiver exempt next season? I'm guessing with 4 pro seasons under his belt he'll have to pass through waivers to go down to Laval

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
He lives about 200 meters from me in the off-season. Maybe I can get him to train extra hard or something.

I still think he is a possible NHLer. I imagine a 4th line of Rychel-McCarron-Deslauriers would be quite nasty.

Re shuffling the 4th line won't change this team. Carr Froese Deslaurier De la Rose Logan Shaw are all fine 4th liners. We need top nine forwards and top 4 dmen, specifically a no 2 LHD and first and 2nd line centers.

Enough with the shuffling of 4th liners talk.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Let’s give him a chance. I’ve read enough to feel hopeful. Isn’t he an AHL all star this year?His numbers look good, he is tough, and I hope hungry. Let’s give the kid a chance.

Reactions: Umbrella

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Curious to see what he's like. I've known of him, but never watched him.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've actually watched his father play quite a bit, and he doesn't look anything like his father as far as on ice "skill" goes.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I feel like he'll be a kassian type player if he can ever accept his role. He seems like a someone who wants to be the guy but just doesn't have all the tools and he just won't accept it.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Is he waiver exempt next season? I'm guessing with 4 pro seasons under his belt he'll have to pass through waivers to go down to Laval

he has to clear waivers starting this year so yes he has to clear next year.

power forwards take longer to flourish, sure is worth the gamble

sure as it's not like the Habs are going anywhere and they need bodies for Laval unless he can crack the lineup next year. There's nothing to lose by picking him up.

Let’s give him a chance. I’ve read enough to feel hopeful. Isn’t he an AHL all star this year?His numbers look good, he is tough, and I hope hungry. Let’s give the kid a chance.

I don't know his game that well other then seeing him here and there over the years. I don't know what happened to him this year but looking at his stats, it's a bit concerning that a 4th year pro, former 1st rounder that cleared waivers and yet his numbers are down a good bit from last year while playing on the top team in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad