Prospect Info: Kerby Rychel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
imo he's been better with Carr and Deslaurier, better play on the forecheck and the boards to create chances. DLR has been playing well with Galchneyuk and Lehkonen. But can he create playing with Carr and Deslaurier?

Fair enough.

Neither will be a scoring threat, but I believe DLR will create more chances for his teammates, whoever they may be, going forward. More so, it's his skating ability along with his ability to use his size and defensive strengths that I believe sets him apart from Freezy.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
The same people whining about Rychel are the same ones complaining when we acquired Deslauriers.
Is anybody actually whining? Just seems like people don't expect him to become a top 9 forward in his 4th+ pro seasons which is pretty reasonable.

IMO Valiev+2nd was fair for Plekanec so I'm fine with whatever happens with Rychel. Low risk potentially medium reward.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Two pretty smart teams gave up on him pretty quickly. With that said I hope he shows something good...like being able to keep up with the play.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
The same people whining about Rychel are the same ones complaining when we acquired Deslauriers.

Dude, I like Deslauriers but he is not an impact player by any stretch of imagination and never will be. I'm glad for Rychel doing well but a depth acquisition is a depth acquisition, don't expect him to blow your mind.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Not an impact player but the perfect 4 line LW,

Can skate, hit and chip in, plus is French

That's what a lot of posters here were happy about when it came to, say, Mitchell a few years ago. There are many more examples if one cares to comb back a little more too. I do not.

Inconsequential, replaceable and "flavour du jour" is a better description of players of his ilk IMO.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Is that a subtle reference to PK's joke from last year's playoffs?
Nope.

kirby-jump.png

Reactions: MakeTheGoalsLarger

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Dude, I like Deslauriers but he is not an impact player by any stretch of imagination and never will be. I'm glad for Rychel doing well but a depth acquisition is a depth acquisition, don't expect him to blow your mind.

I agree. I was more speaking to the people asking why he was getting called up, he sucks, etc. My point was give him a chance to show what he can do rather than pass judgement because he’s not an elite skater (a la Deslauriers) and an apparent first round bust. He’s still young. People have figured it out late before.

Also teams that win Cups are teams that have third and fourth liners that can score, and play physical. Both of which are part of skill set.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
I think his skating is good enough for the NHL. He has a bit of an awkward stride, but his speed is adequate albeit unspectacular. Can play on my 4th line any day.
I like what I’ve seen from him tonight. A good hit and starts a scrum with Tanev a while later. We need energy players on this team.

He’s essentially competing with Deslauriers at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->