Trade: [KC/MIA] Tyreek Hill to Dolphins for 1st rounder in 2022, 2nd rounder in 2022 and other picks

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
KC was going to start having cap problems as it is and that's a crazy return for Hill as well.

Better to move on if Hill self destructs(which wouldn't surprise me) as they league seems to be adjusting to KC's offense.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Improved offensive line, speed everywhere on offense, and a top 10 defense. Tua is one of the most accurate QBs in the league, and doesn’t need to air it out 50 yards to be effective. They are going to. Ed dangerous offensively.
I like the enthusiasm but I'm not buying the Dolphins in the playoffs.

Reactions: tacogeoff

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I'm still perplexed the Chiefs, seeing everything come into their division didn't even try and bother working something out with Hill.

Everyone else is loading up to take a run at you and you just decided "nah"

Very strange move.

I'd wait to see how the draft shakes out before going too hard on this. Their WR/TE combo is still pretty good as is considering Mahomes is throwing to them.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I like the enthusiasm but I'm not buying the Dolphins in the playoffs.

It’s not just enthusiasm, it’s facts too.The team is extremely fast on offense. They have two of the fastest wideouts in the game, maybe the two fastest. They have possession receivers to eat up the middle, along with Gisecki, and speed and catching ability in the backfield. Tua has the 3rd best completion% of passes 20 yards and beyond, and overall, he’s one of the most accurate QBs in the league. with McDaniels scheme, I bet they have one of the most productive offenses in the league. And on defense, they are plenty good enough for a playoff contender.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I think this is smart by the Chiefs...with Mahomes' contract they're going to need to be hitting on draft picks in order to remain competitive. Coughing up top dollar for a WR, as good as Hill is, would not have been smart.

As I see it, they've locked down the two most important parts of their offense -- their O-line and their QB. They also still have Kelce. Now they've got five more picks. If they completely whiff on their drafts then yeah, they're in trouble, but they're giving themselves a real opportunity to affordably reload over the next couple of years.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Don’t need the bombs, but even so, Tua can throw the ball 50 yards down the field. He just never had the time to do so.
True. But if Tua isn’t pushing the ball downfield then the safeties will play closer to the LOS. Underneath stuff will get a bit more congested.

With Mahomes as a S you can’t cheat up as he will throw it over your head.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don't believe Mac Jones has a huge rocket but it's not a duck chucker either like Chad Pennington. He throws arcs though, like the bomb that burnt Trevon Diggs.
He has a middle of the pack arm. Never going to be mentioned with stafford, Mahomes, Rodgers etc. But not among the weaker ones like Jimmy G, Trubisky. Goff doesn’t have a cannon but throws a very catchable ball.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah ,and your road schedule, a few tough home games ,and the AFC is going to be difficult to gather a wildcard spot.
NFC you probably make it.
Everyone has it tough in the AFC. 13 of the 16 teams think they can get to the super bowl right now. Almost half of those teams won’t even make the playoffs

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Everyone has it tough in the AFC. 13 of the 16 teams think they can get to the super bowl right now. Almost half of those teams won’t even make the playoffs
All but Houston, NYJ and Jax. Main goal for these 3 teams is the development of their second year QBs. Which ones can join burrow, Herbert in terms of great QBs on their rookie deals that you can bank on moving forward?

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Hope Tyreek is ok with this. Wouldn’t want him to take it out on any women again.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
True. But if Tua isn’t pushing the ball downfield then the safeties will play closer to the LOS. Underneath stuff will get a bit more congested.

With Mahomes as a S you can’t cheat up as he will throw it over your head.

Tua never had the opportunity to go through his progressions, since he was pressured almost instantly after the snap more times than not. His snap to release time was one of the quickest in the league. Now with a more stable line, he should be able to allow the play to develop, and go through his reads. McDaniel uses tons of motion too, so we will see Waddle, and Hill, and Edmonds, etc., all over the field, causing mismatches and confusion. Tua has such a diverse amount of weapons now, so it’s really up to that line allowing him to read the play, because I think he’s talented enough to put the ball where it needs to be.

And if they want to bring the safeties in, we can go over the top. Good luck trying to cover 1-on-1 two of the fastest wideouts in the league. We have three burners that can take it outside, and plenty of options to eat up the middle of the field. It’s going to be a pick your poison situation for the defense. Plus, Waddle and Hill were both top 10 in YAC, and I believe Edmonds had good YAC numbers as well.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 6.21.57 PM.png

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Tua never had the opportunity to go through his progressions, since he was pressured almost instantly after the snap more times than not. His snap to release time was one of the quickest in the league. Now with a more stable line, he should be able to allow the play to develop, and go through his reads. McDaniel uses tons of motion too, so we will see Waddle, and Hill, and Edmonds, etc., all over the field, causing mismatches and confusion. Tua has such a diverse amount of weapons now, so it’s really up to that line allowing him to read the play, because I think he’s talented enough to put the ball where it needs to be.

And if they want to bring the safeties in, we can go over the top. Good luck trying to cover 1-on-1 two of the fastest wideouts in the league. We have three burners that can take it outside, and plenty of options to eat up the middle of the field. It’s going to be a pick your poison situation for the defense. Plus, Waddle and Hill were both top 10 in YAC, and I believe Edmonds had good YAC numbers as well.
I love how convinced you are..

People are typically only hurt by thier own expectations.
If Allen gets hurt you have a shot at division otherwise the bottle neck for a wildcard will be brutal. The AFC north is on the schedule, critical games as those teams will be in line for those spots , The Natty and ravens on the road especially.
Put it this way ...really good teams will be watching from the couch in the AFC.
6-11 probably gets the last wildcard in the NFC.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
Kelce/Juju/Mvs/Fuller wouldn’t be a bad receiving core. Draft another one in rd 1. Not sure what Fuller & MVS would cost and Fuller is injury prone but could be deadly there if healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad