Trade: [KC/MIA] Tyreek Hill to Dolphins for 1st rounder in 2022, 2nd rounder in 2022 and other picks

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
This sucks as a Chiefs fan. I think they found the market this summer too rich and may very well be willing to take a step back this year to regroup. The heat in the division this season is insane.

That said long-term I see the logic. I’m not sure as a small, speed threat Tyreek is gonna age that well. He will probably make the Chiefs look stupid for another season or maybe two but is he worth the Adams contract moving forward?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Can the Chiefs get the Adam’s package for Tyreek? 1st and 2nd this year? I guess the picks for the Jets and Dolphins are way higher so what is the compensation in a trade here?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Has that young guy QB on the jets shown any promise?

I forget his name
Jets games just aren’t broadcast literally anywhere

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Can the Chiefs get the Adam’s package for Tyreek? 1st and 2nd this year? I guess the picks for the Jets and Dolphins are way higher so what is the compensation in a trade here?
Dolphins picks are pretty comparable because they have SF's 1st, not their own. Jets 1st is worth way more than what Miami has what Vegas gave up.

Reactions: BKarchitect

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Really bad time for KC to lose a key piece considering the arms race that's happening in their division.

You think Hill would give Tua a much needed boost in his production? It would give him a sure fire number 1 receiver plus he can stretch the field.

I feel like Miami can give him what Adams got from Vegas.

Reactions: Maliki2

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So, a lot to unpack here as a Dolphins fan and I'm not sure I like this move if it transpires.

The ask is likely going to be similar to what DeVante Adams brought the Packers asset wise. And then having to pay him a meaty contract on top of it. The problem with that is DeVante Adams is the unquestioned best wide receiver in football. Tyreek Hill is not.

Miami already traded away picks in a trade in 2020 and it nearly exploded in their face if not for being saved by a 7 game win streak coming against a laughably weak schedule.

So the question becomes twofold: Does this move the needle enough for Miami to make those picks expendable and is it worth giving a massive contract to a WR who will completely crater in production the moment he loses a step?

I'm not sure it is. They still have holes on their o-line and in the front 7. Tyreek won't be of much use if Tua still doesn't have any time to let his downfield routes develop. Although the propsect of having two guys work the short/intermediate game like Waddle and Hill could make that point moot

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Can get a 1 from Miami as they don’t have their first. They have SF first round pick which is like 29. Jets their picks are in the top 10 so that is t happening. 2 nd round pick is like 38/39 for them. Not super far off where Miami’s 1 would be.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Only one first rounder makes that deal a hell of a lot more tolerable.

Still a bit leery on what kind of contract he gets...but they didn't sell out their long term future to get him so I can dig it.

It's officially put up or shut up time for Tua. No more excuses when you have two absolute menaces in the short/intermediate passing game between Waddle and now Tyreek.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad