Trade: [KC/MIA] Tyreek Hill to Dolphins for 1st rounder in 2022, 2nd rounder in 2022 and other picks

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Wow. The Chiefs will never will be I'm a rebuild with Mahomes but as stated at them blowing that game against the Bengals may the closest they will be to another Super Bowl for a bit.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Also lmao the irony of Pats fans mocking Tua for not throwing deep as if their young QB also isn't a checkdown charlie.

God you guys are insufferable

Difference is Mac CAN throw the deep ball. Just watch his college tape. The Pats chose NOT TO throw it deep last year. They played very conservatively (maybe too much).

I am mocking Tua because he f***ing sucks. If Mac does not improve in year 2, feel free to bash him and laugh at us if we get a deep threat next offseason... and give him a 30M a year contract. Also feel free to laugh if your QB has a "third-year jump". Hill is an exciting acquisition, but as a fan of a division rival, I do not think he moves the needle that much unless the QB stops sucking.

Oh, and you are paying 30M a year for a guy that your QB won't be able to maximize.

The whataboutism is also rather ridiculous. Mac might not improve, but it has nothing to do with Tua being trash or not. Good for you if it makes you feel better about your QB.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Difference is Mac CAN throw the deep ball. Just watch his college tape. The Pats chose NOT TO throw it deep last year. They played very conservatively (maybe too much).

I am mocking Tua because he f***ing sucks. If Mac does not improve in year 2, full free to bash him and laugh at us if we get a deep threat next offseason. Also feel free to laugh if your QB has a "third-year jump". Hill is an exciting acquisition, but as a fan of a division rival, I do not think he moves the needle that much unless the QB stops sucking.

Oh, and you are paying 30M a year for a guy that your QB won't be able to maximize.
I mean I feel like you can say that about any team that has questions at QB. If they don’t stop sucking, then none of these moves make sense. One of the things I will say though is except Watson there has not been a single QB that would be better for this Dolphin’s team that has moved recently. I think Wilson, Ryan, and Stafford are too old and won’t be around for the prime years of this team.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I mean I feel like you can say that about any team that has questions at QB. If they don’t stop sucking, then none of these moves make sense. One of the things I will say though is except Watson there has not been a single QB that would be better for this Dolphin’s team that has moved recently. I think Wilson, Ryan, and Stafford are too old and won’t be around for the prime years of this team.

Well, true. However, the best way to improve at QB would be through the draft.

Tua does suck, but the supporting cast around him is good. The Dolphins likely won't be bad enough to get a good enough pick to draft a better QB. Too many teams have QB issues.

That being said, they could always find a gem at 20-30.

Getting a guy like Hill is a win now move. I do not think he makes a team with THAT QB a contender. Maybe they move for a better QB, who knows. But who? Is a guy like Jimmy G an improvement? Maybe, but not enough to justify the cost.

If the Jets got Hill, I would laugh WAY more (even though Wilson loves the deep ball) because the last thing a team that bad should do is pay that much money for a WR. Dolphins at least have a good team outside of their QB.

All I am saying is that the Dolphins getting Hill does not make me scared. They already beat us twice last year and Buffalo is a much bigger threat. All in all, it has very little to do with the Pats.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Improved offensive line, speed everywhere on offense, and a top 10 defense. Tua is one of the most accurate QBs in the league, and doesn’t need to air it out 50 yards to be effective. They are going to. Ed dangerous offensively.

Miami had a good defense, last year they played the majority of the game cause the offense was 3 and out.

Now they got an offense, the defense can take a rest

Reactions: PanthersPens62

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'm a fan of Tua, and they have gone all in on him having success. Hope this pans out, lots of draft picks given up but Dolphins were already a borderline playoff team, they've made improvements in areas they needed to this off season, I'm excited for this year.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Improved offensive line, speed everywhere on offense, and a top 10 defense. Tua is one of the most accurate QBs in the league, and doesn’t need to air it out 50 yards to be effective. They are going to. Ed dangerous offensively.
Don’t expect the bombs like Mahomes. Maybe more quick hitters and let Hill run after the catch like the end of the Buffalo playoff game.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The $72 mill guaranteed is the key part of the deal not the $30 mill AAV. Makes it a $24 mill average in reality. Don’t expect Hill to see year 4 of this contract as it stands now.
If he plays 3 of the 4 years on the deal he'll earn a lot more than $72 million. It's not like the deal is $72m guaranteed in the first 3 years and then $48M in year 4.

He's got $52.5 guaranteed right now, another $19.7m becomes guaranteed as long as they don't cut him before the start of the 2023 season (which would be insane). And then he'll have non-guaranteed stuff that he'll get paid, possibly in 2023, for sure some in 2024 and 2025.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

I am mocking Tua because he f***ing sucks. If Mac does not improve in year 2, feel free to bash him and laugh at us if we get a deep threat next offseason... and give him a 30M a year contract. Also feel free to laugh if your QB has a "third-year jump". Hill is an exciting acquisition, but as a fan of a division rival, I do not think he moves the needle that much unless the QB stops sucking.

The whataboutism is also rather ridiculous. Mac might not improve, but it has nothing to do with Tua being trash or not. Good for you if it makes you feel better about your QB.

Tua doesn’t suck. He played behind a ridiculously bad offensive line, throwing to a hobbled Parker. And double teamed Waddle. And given what he’s been through the last couple of years, he could have been much worse. Most QBs would put up worse numbers than they originally had if they were playing behind that terrible offensive line.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If he plays 3 of the 4 years on the deal he'll earn a lot more than $72 million. It's not like the deal is $72m guaranteed in the first 3 years and then $48M in year 4.

He's got $52.5 guaranteed right now, another $19.7m becomes guaranteed as long as they don't cut him before the start of the 2023 season (which would be insane). And then he'll have non-guaranteed stuff that he'll get paid, possibly in 2023, for sure some in 2024 and 2025.
Waiting in the details from Spotrac. Have to see how the deal breaks down. Doubt Hill sees year 4 of this deal as it is currently written. Would require a restructure most likely.

The wording is often fully guaranteed and guarantees up to a certain amount if he is on the roster.

Adams deal in terms of cash is $23.3, $26.7, $17.5 mill. Around $67.5 mill for 3 years so average of $22.5 mill. Got $19.25 in SB with just $3.5 mill on base for year 1. Dead cap of $7.7 if cut after 3 years.

So hill isn’t getting $30 mill per year.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Waiting in the details from Spotrac. Have to see how the deal breaks down. Doubt Hill sees year 4 of this deal as it is currently written. Would require a restructure most likely.

The wording is often fully guaranteed and guarantees up to a certain amount if he is on the roster.

Adams deal in terms of cash is $23.3, $26.7, $17.5 mill. Around $67.5 mill for 3 years so average of $22.5 mill. Got $19.25 in SB with just $3.5 mill on base for year 1. Dead cap of $7.7 if cut after 3 years.

So hill isn’t getting $30 mill per year.

Oh I agree he won't get 30m per year, and they'll likely restructure the deal (sometime in 2025 would make sense since that's in year 3), but just looking at guarantees / expected years doesn't give a great view if he's expected to play the large part of the deal (3 out of 4 years).

It makes more sense for a deal like Von Miller where it's clear he's not going to be playing a good chunk of it (likely only 3/6 years before a restructure)

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Don’t expect the bombs like Mahomes. Maybe more quick hitters and let Hill run after the catch like the end of the Buffalo playoff game.

It's like Moneyball. Do we care if he gets on base by getting a hit or a walk? No, as long as he gets on base. Do I care as a Dolphins fan if we score a touchdown through a 50 yard pass through the air or a 7 yard slant? No, as long as we win the game.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Other conclusion: this is all Jacksonville's fault.

If you didn't pay Christian Kirk stupidly the WR market would have remained logical.

In KC's case they gave Mahomes that massive contract.... they knew they wouldn't be able to keep the band together for long.

It doesn't even seem that long ago that no QB's were making 30 mill per season.

Stafford signed for $27,000,000 per year back in 2017 making him the highest paid QB.... so yup it really hasn't been that long.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00