News Article: Kassian to have hearing with league (Suspended 2 games)

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Need to just get back to talking about winning the game. Ignore the noise, beat them and move on.

Our ju ju is to fragile and we will come out on the shitty end of things.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Need to just get back to talking about winning the game. Ignore the noise, beat them and move on.

Our ju ju is to fragile and we will come out on the ****ty end of things.
I do agree. Four big games coming up, could be huge. Focus on the hockey.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Focus on #5
Ignore Tkachuk

Every hit
Every slash
Just make Gio regret ever putting on a pair of skates
Sink the ship and send the captain down with it

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
All eyes will be on Kassian and Turtle, so the best course is for everyone to play a clean(but physical) game and mop up on the scoreboard. Push him around late in third when game is out of reach for the lames.

Austerlitz

Jun 26, 2018
Can anyone tell me what Brian Burke said about the incident? I know he's been on a few shows but I haven't been able to listen in.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Not really sure where else to put this.
RatBoy.png

TameYew

Oct 24, 2016
Can anyone tell me what Brian Burke said about the incident? I know he's been on a few shows but I haven't been able to listen in.

It was on Oilers Now yesterday. He drafted the Turtle but he was trying to be unbiased:
1. He thought the first hit on Kass should have been a roughing penalty. The other hits were clean.
2. He thought what Kassian did was out of frustration that enough was enough and had no problem with it. He said Kassian should not have been suspended but that he understood the nature of the suspension due to the league wanting to not have the highlight clips showing someone punching another player who is not going to fight back. Optically it is not good for the league.
3. If he was the coach of Calgary he would say that the Turtle should not fight Kass or Nurse.
4. He thought Kassian said too much in the interviews because now if the Turtle does get hit or injured, Kassian would be dealt a more harsh suspension because he made it public that he would do that.
5. Overall he thinks that it is up to the players to even things up first, then the coaches, then the refs, then the league.

I think that is mostly what was said.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i would love to see the oilers go after every player not tkachuk after whistles. just pretend he doesnt even exist and facewash everyone esle. shots after the whistle, huge hits and after the play ignore 19, let him rat out by himself while his teammates pay for his "catlike" features

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
i would love to see the oilers go after every player not tkachuk after whistles. just pretend he doesnt even exist and facewash everyone esle. shots after the whistle, huge hits and after the play ignore 19, let him rat out by himself while his teammates pay for his "catlike" features
I just wanna see Yamamoto knock over Gaudreau.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019

Nah , just take it out on Gio. Goad him into a scrum every whistle and every scrum just ask him why they allow a coward to wear a letter on that team? Do they lack pride?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Sounds like to me the league tried to solve the dispute and Holland wasn't budging. Now they have to send league officials in :laugh:.

these are the times where it sure pays to have Ken Holland. If someone like Dubas tried to put Parros in his place, he wouldn’t have a chance. Holland carries enough weight around the league that he can actually stand up for us.

If he did his job, he could save someone the flight cost.

I’m sure those were probably some of the first words out of Holland’s mouth. “If you did your job, none of this would be happening”.

Don’t disagree at all. Lucic is certainly one tough SOB, but there’s only one of him. We’re a hell of a lot tougher as a team than them, so what are they going to do? Get Andersson to use his face as Nurse’s punching bag again?

Reactions: McFuhryous

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006

You can sure see where the Tkaturtle boys got their *******ness from.

What a large head full of rocks. Must be really heavy.

I was just thinking: how quickly into this rematch is an oiler getting a "penalty" for charging? I'm thinking 8 minutes in. The refs and the league love to flex their muscles.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Funny that Parros made his hockey career following "the code" and protecting team mates that were being taken advantage of, then gets a league job and throws all that right out the window in favor of defending a guy that wants to take reckless runs at unsuspecting players. What's wrong, afraid there wont be any place for enforcers if the guy getting run handles it himself. Parros is a joke, if someone ran one of his team mates the way Kassian was run, he would have gotten sent straight in to get punched in the face a few times and send a message.

Let's make head of DoPS a committee position. Get Domi, Ray, and Laraque in there and anytime theres a disagreement over punishment instead of a "player X was suspended for" video, we just watch two of them fight it out to see who is right. Nothing like having guys who got punched in the head for years to make a living making decisions that effect the health of players now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad