News Article: Kassian to have hearing with league (Suspended 2 games)

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Careful with all those Tkachuk comments. This is going to be his year.

BTW, happy "Year of the Rat" everybody.

Reactions: ujju2

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
When is the Year of the Turtle? That’s his year :P

Yeah I thought about that, but unfortunately there is no turtle in the Chinese zodiac. You would have to use the zodiac of the Cham people of Vietnam. They use the same signs as the Chinese except they have the turtle instead of the monkey.
I believe the next time that comes around will be in 2028.

But I figure rat comes close enough. :DD

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Cheeky billboard in Edmonton fans Battle Of Alberta flames

It's literally just an ad for a radio station. My guess is the Flames and Tkachuk didn't want to have anything to do with it, so they couldn't use his likeness.

It kind of just makes you feel pitty for Flames fans. Like... You just want to be like, "Oh... Uh... Grrrrr! That billboard makes me so angry! You did such a good job, we're so, so angry!" just to throw them a bone.

Just catching up in thread.

No way! That there is a call to arms. Love it.
War Oil! War I tell ya!!!

Reactions: replacement

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Cheeky billboard in Edmonton fans Battle Of Alberta flames

It's literally just an ad for a radio station. My guess is the Flames and Tkachuk didn't want to have anything to do with it, so they couldn't use his likeness.

It kind of just makes you feel pitty for Flames fans. Like... You just want to be like, "Oh... Uh... Grrrrr! That billboard makes me so angry! You did such a good job, we're so, so angry!" just to throw them a bone.

They need to have paid for the rights to use the Flames logo and Tkaturktes likeness. In other words those pea brains down south didn’t think this one through.

Reactions: replacement

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
F-

At least make it funny. How much money did they blow on this?

Someone did a Go Fund Me, that money got donated to charity and CJ picked up the tab on the billboard...oddly enough, JD, the morning guy is a huge Oilers fan.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Ugh, I mistakenly read a Francis article...I feel the need to go shower now...god I hate that guy.

Reactions: oobga

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Damn.

Even CalgaryPuck thought that Calgary radio "interview" was stupid.

credit. In the twitter on it the interview was roundly mocked. By Flames fans, Oilers fans and others alike. Its not too hard to discern humor that falls flatter than a crepe.

In standup comedy the reaction would be completely awkward silence with collective groans finally bursting out and the club going immediately to the next act.

comedy is hard..;)

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Rishaug asked him it's something he needs to settle tonight. Kassian chuckled and said he thought he got enough good shots in already haha.

Sounds like this is all media hype.

Last edited:

Oil rise to the top

Jan 15, 2019
'berta

Rishaug asked him it's something he needs to settle tonight. Kassian chuckled and said he thought he got enough good shots in already haha.

Sounds like this is all media hype.

Good. This is what I've been saying since the BoA game. Kass finally understands the 2 points is more important than getting his revenge.

Some of you can also learn from Kass

Anyways, lets get the win Wednesday!

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
Good. This is what I've been saying since the BoA game. Kass finally understands the 2 points is more important than getting his revenge.

Exactly, Kassian retaliated that game after 2 hits, that in his mind as well as many others, were predatory. He stuck up for himself, took his suspension like a man and is ready to get back to it. We need him on his game tonight, best thing he could do is completely ignore tkachuk, unless by some divine miracle he actually agrees to drop the gloves, play physical against the rest of the team.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Nice and calm in the pre game interview. Raw emotions take over during the game sometimes though. Best laid plans often go awry sort of thing.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Nice and calm in the pre game interview. Raw emotions take over during the game sometimes though. Best laid plans often go awry sort of thing.
Exactly. Say nice calm things in the dressing room to the media hacks. Good fodder for the NHL and Parros, but they all know it's meaningless. Wait till the game starts and real shooting begins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad